Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 68025 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2015, 10:29:10 pm »

On the TDS stuff Tiruin's saying:
Meph: Can Guardian Angels be assigned to non-town?  To scum?
Yes, they are simply assigned another player.
...Hm?
Meph: "Assigned another player"?  Please clarify.  "Another"?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2015, 10:31:15 pm »

Oh. Good. I was wondering if it was some sort of confirmation (which would act as a bias to alignment). Glad to see the neutrality of Heaven. -.-;

PPE:
...Hm?
Ehh, I think that's reading too much in the mod's words :P
But...I do agree 'another' is pretty eye-catching.

Fishie to this.
Tiruin: *pokes you with candied salmon*
What sort of attitude issues were you looking for with NQT?
...I have trouble designating which words I'm translating to (I think in English, too, so its less a matter of lingual translation and more of concrete identification :'( )
But its more on treating the benefit of the doubt with plausibility here.

Meph: How many extensions left today, please?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2015, 11:08:06 pm »

Probably a typo, but it's best to make what he means absolutely clear.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:11 pm »

Probably a typo, but it's best to make what he means absolutely clear.
I think he means "other than the GA" by "another"; not mid game.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3
« Reply #439 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:49 pm »

I'm a normal townsperson.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2015, 12:00:21 am »

I'm a normal townsperson.
As in...?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:26 am »

I think it's a vanilla townie claim.
Am I right, H4zard?  Also, answer the other question.

That leaves us with this arrangement:
- Me: Vampire Hunter
- flabort: Sexton
- Tiruin: Sexton
- TheDarkStar: Guardian Angel, guarding Tiruin
- H4zardZ1: Vanilla Townie?
- notquitethere: Sage
- Cheeetar: Werebear
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 23, 2015, 12:58:02 am »

- TheDarkStar: Guardian Angel, guarding Tiruin
This is still a guess on his Wincon though :P

But yeah. Vanilla Townie comes...across as too convenient for me. It could pretty much be true (and the lack of activity does speak for a notable lack of back tracing), but...when I say convenient, it can also be a really nice thing to fakeclaim as cult (planned, most likely, due to the nature of the scumchat).

Will make a complete post if I still have time later on
Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. Sorry for the neverending day, but I think we're finally getting the game back on track.
Hooray!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 23, 2015, 06:10:44 am »

Obviously Meph has confirmed that they can both be town, but I still think Tiruin & Flabort both claiming Sexton is a bit weird. With only a Necromancer and a Priest, what'd be the point in doubling up the role for town? I know the set-ups are procedurally generated, but Meph curates them a bit so they don't make a complete lack of sense. It does make sense if one of them is scum (so that both teams potentially get access to the info).

Tiruin
I had to ask Meph for results of my anything and neither me or EPenguin got anything since ever. Because by that, I mean...my background doesn't have flavor.
I'm pretty sure Meph gives you flavour if you request it (I recall from earlier games).

1. I want one of Tiruin or Flabort to either admit that they were lying and/or be lynched
You...do know that if one of us was cult, we'd not do that because its pretty much against our wincon, aye?
Woah, you do realise this is directly implying that you are lying here, right?

I mean, even if I'm town
You're... you're not making this more convincing. You're not actually town are you?

I have to point out that we are lacking TWO players in this game of thrones.
One of which was you...which we are unaware of the claim in particular (and may verily be bussing Flabort, if scum, and taking me as a safe drop because of my...utter lack, maybe. But that's predicting).
And the other is inactive--maybe because I guess he posts from his phone (and lacks a stable PC connection), and his phone is a bit :I
From what I know of Roo anyway.

And I've no idea why I'm saying that, but anyway--I believe you should broaden your 'who can kill' list to include roo, because even if he wasn't active, I do believe the scumteam may be able to submit actions for those who are inactive, if he's in league with them.
Oh, I didn't realise scumteam members could send in the kill for absent teammates. Interesting that you would know that.

Who are you, Ser NQT?
I'm a sage, keep up.

I'm UNSURE if the target should be town, maybe must be benign? talking from memory here.}
NOPE. GA can protect scum or 3rd parties.

NQT and TDS back each other up; the Sage claim really reinforces the in-the-least benign nature of TDS, and it seems REALLY unreasonable that they'd be cult given all this (or malevolent third-party, ie reallybad fallen angel)
In a game with so many other killing roles? Not unreasonable at all.

Jack
NQT, Cheeetar: How does the fact that the whole Sexton claim conflict thing just collapsed change your thoughts on the matters we're dealing with?  I expect quite a change from NQT in particular.
Yep, this changes things. It's logically possible for there to be two town sextons. I now think Tiruin is shadier though: she keeps missing obvious things and she's heavily implying that she's lying to us. Also, there's no intrinsic reason a GA would guard town (and balance-wise, with possibly up to three non-scum kill roles, it'd be understandable if Meph allowed scum that edge).

NQT: Is flabort trying to make Cheeetar out as a dangerous third party?  Please show me where he does that, instead of just trying to tell us Cheeetar's part of the scumteam.
Yeah Flabort definitely didn't make that argument. I'd just made the Cheetar=possible-dangerous-3rd-party connection in my head and because it was something like 3AM I tied that in to my question for Flabort despite the fact it was obviously not what he was saying.

flabort feels like tunneling town, not scum:
Posting quickly, working on a bigger post: Unvote.  I do not feel confident in my vote.  Flabort's stubbornness about that case doesn't feel, well, scum.  His case has a manufactured feel, but it...well...I don't think it's scum manufacturing.  I think it's the sort of manufactured feel a case gets when the evidence is based on the conclusion.  Scum manufactured cases tend to be more natural-looking: conclusions supported by evidence (like proper cases), not evidence built on conclusions.  His continuing use of the lens of his conclusion to back his conclusion and his stubbornness about each part of his case doesn't feel like the sort of thing scum would do under pressure like mine, too.
Can anyone going after flabort counter this?
On re-reading, I think you might be right here. His latest posts also have an air of resigned desperation to them that reminds me of myself at the end of Supernatural 6. (Pro-tip: if you ever think your lynch is going to help town, it probably won't).

I see you're three and four player scum teams (including the dead one), but I think a two player team might be possible if there's enough 3rd parties.

Hazard
Everyone else: Who do you think as a scum in general?
Tiruin has a weird claim, doesn't appear to have been paying attention to recent things but knows a lot about how Meph handles the scum team.

I don't like your townsperson claim one bit. Sure we've had confirmation that there can be duplicates (and so it doesn't mean you're lying just because Persus was also vanilla) but with all the killing roles I'd expect more town players to have something useful.

Flabort
NQT: My case on Cheetar was not me hunting a dangerous third party because I did not believe him to be a third party, I believe(d) him to be Main-team scum that was pretending to be a town role that is very closely connected TO a dangerous third party. Him being the third party version never came into my considerations.
You're absolutely right. That was a stupid question on my part.

Your claim reminds me of the time that I was a sage in Super7...  only, if I recall correctly, the sage doesn't get a choice as to what action they take; only that they are able to request flavor.
Studying is just the name of the Sage action, I didn't mean to imply that it was actively chosen. Meph just sent me a PM each night without me doing anything.

Your suspects are me, Tiruin, and Roo, and given how you grouped us, you suspect Tiruin more than Roo. However, you FoS'd Roo and not Tiruin. How come?
To be honest, it was the wee hours of the morning by the time I got to the end of my re-read and writing that post, I've no idea why I didn't blue-text Tiruin.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 23, 2015, 08:04:43 am »

Jack A T:
H4zardZ1: My earlier statements about you and Tiruin being the likely scumteam still hold.
Why a "sole" reason?  Do you not want complex cases?
Yes.
...Hm?
Just look at the first word. "Yes".
Tiruin:
Flabort; though tied in case with Roo.
He might be tied to me in a team, but where is the sentence(s) telling that?
TDS: What the hell are you doing? Also, this:
I guess I'll vote for flabort to avoid someone tying the vote. He's also voting for Cheeetar who was confirmed town.
Probably you made a good point, but attacking someone out from the blue....
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 23, 2015, 08:52:11 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: flabort, notquitethere
flabort: Cheeetar, Tiruin, TheDarkStar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are no more extensions available for this day.

To clairify, I meant that a Guardian Angel is simply randomly assigned to protect a player other than themselves at the start of the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 23, 2015, 10:07:22 am »

hmph
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2015, 10:08:30 am »

H4zardZ1: My earlier statements about you and Tiruin being the likely scumteam still hold.
Why a "sole" reason?  Do you not want complex cases?
Yes.
H4zard: Why not?
And what do you think of TDS's Guardian Angel (third party, wins by keeping a specific player alive) claim, backed by NQT's Sage claim?

I see you're three and four player scum teams (including the dead one), but I think a two player team might be possible if there's enough 3rd parties.
True, I guess, but I doubt it.  That would be well on the low end for 14 players in Sup.

Meph: I'm voting Tiruin.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2015, 10:11:57 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: flabort, Jack AT, notquitethere
flabort: Cheeetar, Tiruin, TheDarkStar

Fixed
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 23, 2015, 10:27:14 am »

No way in hell I'm changing my vote, TDS is protecting Tiruin, and Tiruin isn't going to lynch herself. Hazard, you're swing vote- that or somebody else can not tie the vote and we can lynch the obvious scum (it's Flabort!)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42