Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67838 times)

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:46 pm »

Spruce: Blargh! Now I am confused. What is this stuff you keep referring to Spruce?

All: If an older player of Supernatural wouldn't mind explaining, that would be nice. I feel a tad out of the loop here.
Chill out, dude. It's not like a coolio mustachi or anything. I'm not talking about game objects or such, it's just it's role-madness or mish-mash or whatevers, so each of us has stuff. Most games one's stuff is just lost when one dies, or one has to dig through old posts to find stuff that ought to have been left, but flabort says the Sexton gets the stuff. I'm just asking questions like everybody else, only my mind works kind of catty-corner from that of otherins.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »

Jack A T: Sorry for being unclear, I'll try not to do it again in the future. By topic, you mean why I asked Peradon whether the High Priest being killed was a clue to whether the scum were a cult?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:01 pm »

Cheesecake: Yes.

spruce: What Sexton actually does is see if graves are disturbed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »

spruce: What's wrong with birdy and roo?  If you be deded now, why should TheDarkStar get your stuff?

DarkStar is the Dude, man. He's been more helpful than the rest of you combined. He deserves extra stuff.

"What's wrong with birdy and roo?"

That's what I want to know. birdy's like, let me sound Towny by asking a mundane icebreaker of everyone, and we all follow along, "Way to go, birdman!".
Regular players made roo sound like the debil. Well I don't want the debil to get my stuff. I want my stuff to go to one who will use if for good, only not in a Soylent Green sort of way.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2015, 09:12:28 pm »

That's what I want to know. birdy's like, let me sound Towny by asking a mundane icebreaker of everyone, and we all follow along, "Way to go, birdman!".
Regular players made roo sound like the debil. Well I don't want the debil to get my stuff. I want my stuff to go to one who will use if for good, only not in a Soylent Green sort of way.
spruce: This is interesting.  Can't say any RVS questions make askers look more townish, in my opinion, but it's interesting that you bring this up.  Should town be "follow[ing] along"?  What impact did that icebreaker have on your view of birdy?

As for roo, he's not a bad player.  He just has a style, especially D1, that tends to make him a vote magnet.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2015, 09:27:57 pm »

Jack A T: Oh, because Meph said that flavortext was important, and you know, cults, priests, beheadings, etc. I know now that what Meph said was referring to clues about how players died.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2015, 09:48:14 pm »

spruce: This is interesting.  Can't say any RVS questions make askers look more townish, in my opinion, but it's interesting that you bring this up.  Should town be "follow[ing] along"?  What impact did that icebreaker have on your view of birdy?

Well, it certainly got discussion started, and I suppose any discussion is better than none. It's we players who made it the biggest thing we've talked about so far, with Cheesecake coming in second. But we, not birdy, seemed to make a big thing of it, maybe giving birdy too much cred for asking the question, and has he even answered it himself yet? It's like he got a free pass.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:45 pm »

I wouldn't say he got an entirely free pass... though he has been lucky so far and not attracting huge amounts of attention, either.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2015, 03:55:10 am »

Huh. Well, this certainly kicked off quickly. Let's see...

birdy, I don't know that there is a single most important part of the game. It all comes down to how you play it at the end of the day, and even the question and answer game is the most used tool, gut feeling plays a large part in it as well in a lot of cases.

Spruce, this is my first supernatural.

Tooney, I don't think it was mentioned. Did you mean that you want me to guess how many there are?

Penguin, see if their demeanour has changed and if so, who towards. I wouldn't see a whole lot of point in lynching them again straight away without knowing which side the revival came from or if they were just a zombie of some kind.

Persus, if a night goes by with no deaths, do you think it's more likely that there's a cult or a guard?

Cheesecake, why do you consider TDS's vote suspicious?

roo, are you planning on giving a reason for anything you do or should I just give up now?
On my mobile I cannot snip. It takes forever.

Are you still upset about how you were caught last game? You should really let that go. You did not even ask for my reasons and instead questioned my entire game/play/style.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2015, 03:58:04 am »

So... so. I think I missed a question to me. I'll check and answer in the morning.
I can't find a missed question this morning. I guess it was just me responding to the answers gained from TDS and Persus that I needed to do still.

Persus: You were given the town-tell side of the question, and went with talking about the actual tell. The tell you gave is one that's almost impossible to fake; it revolves around knowing something that the scum couldn't know. It's also a late-game tell. You also talked about how town-tells are harder to fake in general.
TDS: You were given the scum-tell side of the question, and chose to go for the fact that answering would change the answer. You also mentioned that scum-tells revolve around people knowing stuff that others don't know; this time the scum knowing things, as opposed to scum NOT knowing things.

Between these two answers you both agree that the most important part of a tell is revealing, either accidentally or on purpose, information that you know that others do not. What I glean from them is WHEN the tell takes place and more importantly who ELSE knows that information is what separates a town-tell from a scum-tell.

Do you agree or disagree?

I do not understnad this linenof questioning. Please enlighten us. What town motivation could there be behind this? I am not asking why you are doing this I am asking what town mativation is there behind this.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2015, 04:03:52 am »

spruce: What's wrong with birdy and roo?  If you be deded now, why should TheDarkStar get your stuff?

DarkStar is the Dude, man. He's been more helpful than the rest of you combined. He deserves extra stuff.

"What's wrong with birdy and roo?"

My ears are burning. You lot are worse than hens at a sewing circle.

I think we are focusing on the wrong thing. Instead of asking about his stuff. Why not talk about how is the stuff good or bad? what does it do? why does it matter? And I think most importantly why is everyone assuming spruce having stuff makes him town?
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2015, 10:12:56 am »

Who is assuming that? Who has even given the slightest indication that they're assuming that? And why do you want people to stop asking about Spruce's stuff, but still discuss it and decide whether it's good or bad with no information on it other than that it exists?

roo, are you planning on giving a reason for anything you do or should I just give up now?
On my mobile I cannot snip. It takes forever.

Are you still upset about how you were caught last game? You should really let that go. You did not even ask for my reasons and instead questioned my entire game/play/style.
For me to still be upset about it would require me to be upset about it in the first place. Should I take that as a 'no', though, since you didn't actually answer the question?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2015, 10:21:32 am »

Spruce: You're hurting me friend. Right here. In my heart.

Now then. :P

You keep bringing up that I haven't answered my own question, so let's just get that out of the way. My answer is this: Detachment. In my own past gameplay, one of the largest issues that I had was that I could easily start taking shit personally and that would effect my already relatively flawed logic. I already tend toward overthinking, and by detaching any personal bits out, it shortens the amount of time I spend faffing about ineffectively.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2015, 10:45:20 am »

Roo: I've been doing a review, and I've noticed that you didn't actually reply to my RVS question. Take a minute and answer it.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2015, 11:33:24 am »

Spruce: You're hurting me friend. Right here. In my heart.

Now then. :P

You keep bringing up that I haven't answered my own question, so let's just get that out of the way. My answer is this: Detachment. In my own past gameplay, one of the largest issues that I had was that I could easily start taking shit personally and that would effect my already relatively flawed logic. I already tend toward overthinking, and by detaching any personal bits out, it shortens the amount of time I spend faffing about ineffectively.

You know, they have these kits now - mustachio kits, where one may detach or attach a moustache whenever you like. You can have a curly moustache, or a pencil thin moustache, or one of those big thick ones with the handlebars on the side, whatever you want. You should have it as part of your stuff. I just want you to know that, HEY, if I get your stuff, I'm gonna do something very special with that there mustachi. You really think it needs to be detached?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42