Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67835 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2015, 11:31:11 am »

What stuff do you have?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

What? You think I'm just gonna show you my stuff? You got some beads or something?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:54 pm »

Isnt it quite obvious? He has a fence.

Everyone: At what point in the game do you think that you personally are most likely going to be lynched or killed?
I would say Day 2, or day 4 if I'm lucky.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2015, 12:56:14 pm »

So... so. I think I missed a question to me. I'll check and answer in the morning.
I can't find a missed question this morning. I guess it was just me responding to the answers gained from TDS and Persus that I needed to do still.

Persus: You were given the town-tell side of the question, and went with talking about the actual tell. The tell you gave is one that's almost impossible to fake; it revolves around knowing something that the scum couldn't know. It's also a late-game tell. You also talked about how town-tells are harder to fake in general.
TDS: You were given the scum-tell side of the question, and chose to go for the fact that answering would change the answer. You also mentioned that scum-tells revolve around people knowing stuff that others don't know; this time the scum knowing things, as opposed to scum NOT knowing things.

Between these two answers you both agree that the most important part of a tell is revealing, either accidentally or on purpose, information that you know that others do not. What I glean from them is WHEN the tell takes place and more importantly who ELSE knows that information is what separates a town-tell from a scum-tell.

Do you agree or disagree?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2015, 12:57:08 pm »

flabort: Who gets all our stuff when we Day 1 die? It's not that rat-bastard birdy, is it? And please tell me it isn't roo? 'Cause I would like to designate that DarkStar get all my stuff.
The Sexton does, if there is one.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2015, 01:36:20 pm »

Cheesecake:
Cheesecake: Let's look back at your chat with flabort:
How do you know there's a cult? Supernatural isn't always a cult game.
flabort: How do we know there isn't?
At this point, what were your beliefs about the possibility of a cult?
Peradon: I thought I saw it mentioned in the OP... Anyways, Mephansteras said that flavor was very important. The High Priest was murdered, God bless his soul, so maybe that's a clue?
Interesting change of topic under fire.  Why ask this?
Jack A T: My beliefs about the possibility of a cult was that there was one, up until everyone started questioning it. Then I rechecked the OP and it wasn't mentioned. Like I said, I prolly mixed it up with the Cult Mafia 2 game I was reading.
You answered Jack's first question but not his second. Why did you feel the need to change the subject? Why didn't you answer that second question of Jack's?

flabort:
Persus: You were given the town-tell side of the question, and went with talking about the actual tell. The tell you gave is one that's almost impossible to fake; it revolves around knowing something that the scum couldn't know. It's also a late-game tell. You also talked about how town-tells are harder to fake in general.
TDS: You were given the scum-tell side of the question, and chose to go for the fact that answering would change the answer. You also mentioned that scum-tells revolve around people knowing stuff that others don't know; this time the scum knowing things, as opposed to scum NOT knowing things.

Between these two answers you both agree that the most important part of a tell is revealing, either accidentally or on purpose, information that you know that others do not. What I glean from them is WHEN the tell takes place and more importantly who ELSE knows that information is what separates a town-tell from a scum-tell.

I would disagree on the value you give the example of a town tell I provided. In a role-heavy game like this one, scum will also be gathering information about threats to town and while giving an edge to town by revealing this information may be dangerous, it would be preferable to their lynch. For example, in the last Supernatural game as scum I fakeclaimed Fortune Teller and claimed I had inspected an unclaimed NQT (who I had inspected earlier), giving his role. This was undermined by NQT's breadcrumbing his roles, but nevertheless, I revealed unknown information. I've seen a couple of other games where scum have just made up information that turned out to be correct as well (Orbfalls scum claimed they'd seen me kill someone the previous night. It was actually true and completely made up).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2015, 02:59:55 pm »

Spruce: Blargh! Now I am confused. What is this stuff you keep referring to Spruce?

All: If an older player of Supernatural wouldn't mind explaining, that would be nice. I feel a tad out of the loop here.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:40 pm »

Spruce: Blargh! Now I am confused. What is this stuff you keep referring to Spruce?

All: If an older player of Supernatural wouldn't mind explaining, that would be nice. I feel a tad out of the loop here.
I'm not sure either, I think spruce is just being spruce.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »

Everyone: At what point in the game do you think that you personally are most likely going to be lynched or killed?
I was killed Night 1 in the last game I was in, so.

Tooney, I suppose given the number of players I'd guess at three scum and one or two third parties. How does this help you?
Not now, but we can look back and see if anything "relates" to what's been said.

I have a birthday party today so I won't be super available.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2015, 06:21:48 pm »

Interesting change of topic under fire.  Why ask this?
Cheesecake: Tough question, isn't it?  Not one you seem all that willing to answer, considering you followed my questioning up until this question.  But back to your stuff with flabort...
flabort: How do we know there isn't?
You say you realized you had made a mistake when people, such as flabort, started pointing out Supernatural doesn't always involve cults.  Why was this your response to being corrected?  What was your goal in asking this question?

birdy51: It's spruce being spruce, at least mostly...

flabort: Who gets all our stuff when we Day 1 die? It's not that rat-bastard birdy, is it? And please tell me it isn't roo? 'Cause I would like to designate that DarkStar get all my stuff.
spruce: What's wrong with birdy and roo?  If you be deded now, why should TheDarkStar get your stuff?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:24 pm »

So... so. I think I missed a question to me. I'll check and answer in the morning.
I can't find a missed question this morning. I guess it was just me responding to the answers gained from TDS and Persus that I needed to do still.

I agree. A jailor telling who their jail target was essentially confirms the jailor. Scum tend to be less direct, but their actions are often influenced by knowing in advance who's on their side and who isn't.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:45 pm »

EBWOP:

If it's day, then today. If it's night, then tonight.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2015, 06:47:02 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheesecake: Jack AT, Persus13, roo, Teneb
Deus Asmoth: ToonyMan
spruce: birdy51

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »

Persus: I did answer his second question though. He asked why I changed the topic under fire. I answered because I figured out I was wrong.

Jack A T: When flabort first asked that, I thought he was just messing with me, so I messed with him back. I thought we would use like ridiculous accusations and excuses in Mafia. When everyone started going on about there being no cult, I checked again and I was wrong.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

Persus: I did answer his second question though. He asked why I changed the topic under fire. I answered because I figured out I was wrong.

Jack A T: When flabort first asked that, I thought he was just messing with me, so I messed with him back. I thought we would use like ridiculous accusations and excuses in Mafia. When everyone started going on about there being no cult, I checked again and I was wrong.
Cheesecake: Please be more clear when answering future questions.  You did not clearly respond to the second question.
Unvote.  Explanation fits newbieness.  I would like to know why you chose the topic you did, and why you asked Peradon, though.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42