Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A New Setting  (Read 3268 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A New Setting
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 08:02:17 pm »

Living in such close proximity to the crystal infused the bone people with a strange energy, which warped whole settlements into a single huge bone organism capable of space travel.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 08:06:01 pm »

((I just want to break this combo))
God dammit Blitz, you wrecked his thread on the first reply!
In a time before time, I had a name.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 01:36:30 am »

((I think you'll find there was no wrecking involved. We merely created a very... Different new setting.))
And so, the god Magistrum awoke, and his cry was heard throughout the universe.
GODDAMMIT BLITZ!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 01:46:18 am »

The awakening of a deity aroused the bone creatures and made them dance a complicated energy consuming tango.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:10 am »

The dance changed them. There bones could now be traded and interchanged with ease (unless you were a giga ske, the big warped life forms of bones from the crystal). The exeption  being whatever bone was there core.

Meanwhile, the remaining "life" race, now known as the "first" witness the awakening of a fire God. Who warps some of there number into the Sparks.  Humanoids black as night, with wings of flame.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:22 pm »

The bone creatures' demise, alas, was the sort of tragedy which infests these cosmos. For, you see, their language was fatally fluid, with a lack of codified spelling.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

The bone creatures' demise, alas, was the sort of tragedy which infests these cosmos. For, you see, their language was fatally fluid, with a lack of codified spelling.
((The skeletal creatures are alive and well. Unless you mean you are killing them off))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

((The skeletal creatures are alive and well. Unless you mean you are killing them off))
((I am narrating their end, yes.))

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »

As the bone creatures die off so too do the flies as their food worlds are devoured. This leaves the sapient(sentient?) as the only ones left. They quickly dissolve into 6 factions all vying for control over the bone planets and their resources.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

One factiin, the Shakakna, discover a way to make azax, a metal as strong as the fabric of reality itself

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 06:41:10 pm »

Azax was too powerful for mortal minds to possess, and a combination of heightened mental instability and metal-based class divides wracked the Shakakna.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 06:46:53 pm »

This left only 5 factions left. The most dominant was the Diedo. They dominated space with superior tactics and numbers. The Diedo emperor ruled with an iron fist, doing everything for the greater good. This created an efficient but uncaring regime destined to win this war. Until...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34:18 pm »

The Ruarti faction managed to decode the language of the bone creatures. With this, they were able to understand and therefore use the controls of the giant skeleton ships capable of space travel, which were left behind in the wake of the creatures' extinction.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 08:43:09 pm »

The awakening of a deity aroused the bone creatures and made them dance a complicated energy consuming tango.
Thanks, I just imagined Remuthra's avatar getting aroused by me shouting at Blitz.
The Ruarti and Diedo fought for over a decade, however that is measured in such void of universe they disputed. That led to the other factions growing while they shrunk, leading to a small stability in power. All feared for the next superpower to raise.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »

Thanks, I just imagined Remuthra's avatar getting aroused by me shouting at Blitz.
Hey, pal, what I get up to with Blitz is my business, see?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4