Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A New Setting  (Read 3265 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
A New Setting
« on: May 19, 2015, 01:44:06 pm »

Let's create another setting, each should write one sentence to add up to the entire universe we weave. Changes should be relatively subtle per post but increasing in detail as we go on.

This universe is filled with many stars, that hold many worlds with intelligent live.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: A New Setting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »

The live eventually evolved into its gramatically-correct form, the life, far superior in terms of both intelligence and strength, quickly wiping out their weaker cousins.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:05:46 pm »

The devastation from this extinction event was so great that the corpse-piles of live reached critical mass, gaining sentience and becoming the Ded, who set out in turn to conquer the stars.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

The Ded and the Superior life forms, fought all across the universe. Trillions of years pass as they fight, the cause long forgotten, Suns are extinguished, solar systems wasted and galaxies are collapsed by the weight of their corpses. But still they fight.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:39:22 pm »

And so, in the grimdarkness of the 41st Trillenium, there is only corpses.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:51 pm »

the corpses start to orbit around Stars and soon become planets made completely of corpses.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 03:45:32 pm »

Eventually, on a small corpse-world in the outer rim, a colony of maggots gains sentience.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

The maggots soon mature into intelligent flies who live in migratory swarms.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 06:31:57 am »

The flies evolve to become capable of flight through a vacuum. They migrate planet to planet devouring it before moving on.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 06:34:07 am »

And so, they developed bone- and exoskeleton-based technology, using it to fight great wars over, as they called them, food worlds.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »

In there wake, the maggots left the skeleton worlds.
Worlds of bone and the waste not consumed by the maggots. Eventualy running low on food, the magots began to heard animals, to raise, slaughter, and feed on.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

On planets untouched by the flies. Sentient life grew and flourished eventually reaching the stars.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 04:14:26 pm »

The fourth race to emerge was of bone, rising from the crypt-galaxies of the maggot exodus.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 05:52:23 pm »

These bone creatures were created of the bones of long dead races, crudely joined together into abominations. Powered by unknown means they wandered the bone planets fighting each other.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

that is, until they found the crystal.
in the bone dust desserts on te planet they first emerged, they found a small but powerful crystal. and it was determined to be the source of there life.
now able to live near the birth crystal, the bone creatures no longer have to feed off of each others energy.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4