Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive  (Read 12485 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 01:02:36 am »

Somehow I interpeted 3x3 square as three tiles from the center. So...
J7, by the map, doesn't hit anything with Overheat. The move, by definition, will only hit 9 spots. J7 hits no enemies. So Center Overheat on I-8 to target Stench only.
+1, then move between Barbie and Duke. We resist both of Barbie's STABs, so we can take some punishment for Duke.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 02:07:50 am »

"Time to drop an Overheat attack. HOLD NOTHING BACK TALLOW!"

Tallow closes its eyes, and briefly channels a large portion of its vigor and energy into a white-hot orb of explosive fire, which it then releases... towards the ceiling... without opening its eyes first. Time slows to a crawl. You can't afford to let this attack miss. Existence flickers and crackles around you as you sort through alternate realities, and implement one in which Tallow's attack is on target.

You have expended your use of probability control this scene.

Now on target, the orb lands behind Stench and detonates, catching the flower in the fiery blast! When the smoke clears, the grass type is on the ground, unconscious, and damn near medium rare. Your (now rather exhausted) Litwick then maneuvers itself between Barbie and Duke, hoping to catch an attack for the big guy.

Tallow's Special Attack has dropped two stages

"Lit... wik... *huff*"

"Wowzers... What a hit. Ya can't let that little guy show you up Duke! Show em your courage! Megahorn Attack!"

Gleefully ignoring your defensive strategy, Duke rushes foward, maneuvers around Tallow, and aims its razor sharp horn right at Barbie! The tiny pitcher plant, however, nimbily ducks under Duke's desperation move.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooootttt!!!!!"

It is now Kyurin's turn, and you may want to consider switching Pokemon now that Tallow's Special Attack has dropped. Your Pokemon sendout range is 9m, so you might also want to put a new target next to Barbie in hopes that it will go after your Pokemon instead of Duke.

Edit: More food for thought. Because the round rolls over between Tallow and Duke's turns, and you havn't commanded a Pokemon yet, if you send out a Pokemon with higher speed than Kyurin (right now that means Eclipse), it may act right away.

Battle Status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game Status:

Simplified Character Sheets:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:15:31 am by Weirdsound »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 03:12:52 am »

Hold on, shouldn't Stench be knocked out? Why is it still on the field? And on that note, why are there two dukes?
Well, lets see here, if we are going to send out Eclipse to act first, what moves can we have it do that won't hit duke? I'm thinking Confuse Ray, really, of course, that relies on chance if Barbie attacks Duke first, and we all know how chance works with Pokemon games.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2015, 07:34:24 am »

Hold on, shouldn't Stench be knocked out? Why is it still on the field? And on that note, why are there two dukes?
Well, lets see here, if we are going to send out Eclipse to act first, what moves can we have it do that won't hit duke? I'm thinking Confuse Ray, really, of course, that relies on chance if Barbie attacks Duke first, and we all know how chance works with Pokemon games.

It's a bit of a gamble, but I think it's a better gamble than Flame Burst. Will-O-Wisp wouldn't be worthwhile since we're fighting a Special Attacker, and Flame Burst is a 2d6+10 damage attack compared to Overheat's 4d10+10.

Retrieve Tallow and send out Eclipse to H4, right next to Barbie. Have Eclipse cast use Confuse Ray on Barbie.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 08:02:07 am »

Well, we should also remember that Hex still does damage without status affects, just less.
Alan help.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:24 am »

Stench is still on the field because its trainer hasn't had her turn since it got KOed, so there has been no chance to recall it. Marked it as such and deleted the extra Duke though.

I'll also throw out that Fire Spin, after factoring in STAB and Eclipse's monsterous SPATK stat, works as a pretty decent direct damage move.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:37 am »

I choose you Eclipse! Make a Barbie-cue with fire spin!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:07:15 am by nuclearwhale »

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 10:33:28 am »

+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2015, 10:51:46 am »

+1
.... take a +1 for that pun.

Well, that and it sounding like a sound strategy.

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2015, 01:39:30 pm »

PTW

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2015, 10:53:10 pm »

"Okay. Tallow, that is enough out of you for now. Come back and rest. Eclipse, time to whip up a Barbie-cue with your fire spin attack!"

"Rrrrrrrr.... Vulpix!"

Your nimble vulpix pops out of her Pokeball and gets to work. First and foremost she activates her Fox Fire ability, conjuring up three red wisps that orbit her body; Each can be used to interrupt a potential attacker with ember - once. She then takes a deep breath, and spits a vortex of swirling flames at Barbie! This time the fire spin hits its intended target! The swirling flames rapidly burn away Barbie's body, and Eclipse waits until well past the point at which the grass type is clearly unconscious before eventually calling the vortex off.

Fox Fire is Active! The next three foes that attack Eclipse from a distance of no greater than 6m will be targeted by the move Ember as a free action!

"Look at that! Yer Pokemon are just bringing the heat today Kyurin. Not bad. You girls ready to concede yet?"

"You wish. I still have one more Pokemon left, and I have to warn you, it is a whopper!"

"Heh. In that case, I'll also make a substitution! Bring in a fresh mon and let my little buddy here have a chance of winning our little side wager! Duke, Return! Ronin, you are up now!"

"Woooooooooooooot!!!!!!"

Having spent some of the journey to Orre observing the sailors and their Pokemon, you know that Ronin is much like Eclipse - a fast and frail attacker. You are not terribly confident that it could take a super effective hit. As duke already moved this round, Ronin finds itself forced to wait for a bit.

"Looks like this is our last stand! Go Petals, try to stop them with Stun Spore!"

"Pluuuuuuuuuuume!"

A truly disgusting aroma fills the air, as a flower Pokemon, slighly larger than Stench, is deployed directly between Ronin and Eclipse! The newcomer's body begins to quiver as it builds up a blast of irritating spores, but one of the wisps conjured by your Vulpix detects the threat and acts first; The small puff of flame flings itself towards the flower, but its aim is off and instead it crashes into the wall.

One wisp has been expended!

Petals then releases the burst of Stun Spore it had been preparing, and both Ronin and Eclipse are caught in the cloud! Luckily, both allied Pokemon are quick enough to avoid paralysis, Ronin by covering its nose, and Eclipse by conjuring up a small flame in front of its face to burn the spores away before they are inhaled.

"Drat. I'm out of Pokemon! Return Stench! Michelle, you and Petals Kick their asses, okay?"

"Will do!"

"Hah! Now its our turn! Ronin, blast that flower with you X-Scissor attack!"

"Wott!"

The Dewott draws its twin Scalchops in the blink of an eye, and lashes out at Petals, gouging the flower's eyes for a critical hit! The attack inflicts serious damage, but also triggers the grass type's effect spore ability, rewarding the Dewott's efforts with the poisoned status.

As Eclipse's turn approaches, The last remaining foe staggers about hurt, with Blue-Green ichor dripping from its wounded eyes! TIME TO FINISH IT!

It is now Eclipse's turn. Eclipse can move up to four tiles per round by walking. Eclipse's Fire Spin attack has a range of 3 tiles (1 Round Cooldown). Eclipse's Energy Ball has a range of 8 tiles. Eclipse's Flame Burst attack has a range of 8 tiles, and inflicts 5 points of unblockable damage to all Pokemon and Trainers cardinally adjacent to the target. Hex, Confuse Ray, and Will-O-Wisp all have a range of 6.

Battle Status:

Game Status:

Simplified Character Sheets:

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:11 pm »

Finish this with a flame burst!
Also I think we might have come close to killing Barbie there. I kinda forgot that death was a thing in PTU. We probably ought to be more careful in friendly battles in the future.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2015, 11:15:34 pm »

Also I think we might have come close to killing Barbie there. I kinda forgot that death was a thing in PTU. We probably ought to be more careful in friendly battles in the future.

+1

Time to get an egg!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2015, 11:45:00 pm »

+1

Time to get an egg!
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:49 am »

+1

Time to get an egg!
+1
+1
I think Eclipse is just somewhat of a sadist, really.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8