Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive  (Read 12510 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 05:44:55 am »

Oh my. A truckload, is it? That is not something we could peddle easily by ourself, possibly requiring a fence instead. Only that we do not have any contacts yet... this might even turn into a honest days work afterall.

A~ctually, we could pull the heist of either way, and if succesfull, phone home. They just might have such contacts, or pointers. Like; "Greetings, Father. It is only my first real day here, and I have acquired a truckload of stuff that I need to fence away. Would you know of any viable contacts in this area that could help me with that?" xD
Edit: Actually, scratch this point. It is more likely we would phone home for this gem. "Father? I... need to leave Orre. Quick."
We might snatch a few things in the confusion of a possible fight, but as we have nothing to fall back on, doing this could turn things ugly veery quick.

As for what to do in the meantime, we might want to consider buying some street clothes. Looking like part of some gang, especially that cipher one, might not be the smartest idea.

Else, fishing by the harbour would fit our expertise spot-on, but if there is any demand for these pokemons, is another matter.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:58:44 am by escaped lurker »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 10:23:59 am »

I say we go to the lighthouse and challenge someone for money -- say, $300. That was a long trip here -- we might as well practice our strategy and see the kinds of Pokemon the trainers in this region use before heading out on a real mission.

And +1 to buying some street clothes. (If you need me to redraw the portrait for Kyurin, let me know.)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:09 am »

I say we go to the lighthouse and challenge someone for money -- say, $300. That was a long trip here -- we might as well practice our strategy and see the kinds of Pokemon the trainers in this region use before heading out on a real mission.

And +1 to buying some street clothes. (If you need me to redraw the portrait for Kyurin, let me know.)
+1

With the possible exception of an an intimidate Qwilfish, none of the Pokemon in the harbor are the physical wall I was hoping for. Unless we run into something spamming power gem, special walls would help very little against rock types.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 02:51:03 am »

(If you need me to redraw the portrait for Kyurin, let me know.)

(I'll take you up on that if clothes are purchased)

---

Your first stop is the local Pokemart, to see if any decent street clothes are sold. To your dismay the only clothing they sell is work clothes: Pristine white and blue uniforms for sailors, and sets of overalls and shirts for the dockworkers. Both sets of clothing sell for 500py each, so you will not have much money to wager at the Lighthouse if you make the purchase. To make matters worse, the smallest size they have for sale would still be loose and frumpy on your tiny frame, which would put you at a disadvantage against opponents who intend to trip or grapple you.

"Hey, shopkeep, where do the locals get their street clothes? You can't tell me they wear this stuff on their days off, or make their spouses and children dress like sailors?"

The store keeper informs you that most locals order their clothes from Phenac City, and either drive over to pick them up, or pay for delivery. There is also an outdoor local market held on the first weekend of each month where clothes are often sold. This market next opens in 25 days, however, so it is not a timely option in your case.

Lowering his voice, the shopkeep informs you that you might be able to get some clothes from a dock foreman named Dallas. Dallas is responsible for arranging the shipment of counterfeit brand name clothing made in Pyrite Town to Hoen, Kanto, and Johto. Dallas usually deals in bulk, so it may take some convincing or exchange of favors to talk him into selling just a few pieces to you. He tells you where Dallas can be found before you go on your way.

---

Perhaps after buying and changing into new clothes, you head to the lighthouse in search of a good battle. You find some trainers on the roof, as the internet implied that you would. You introduce yourself to each, and begin to apply your well honed negotiation skills in search of a wager.

Michelle and Tanya are two young ladies from Kanto are looking for a two on two battle. They claim to be employees of the Celedon Gym, and grass type experts. You would have a heavy type advantage if you battled them, but you would need to find a partner to do so. They are willing to wager up to 1300py over the battle.

Kilen is a well built local woman. She refuses to go into detail about her Pokemon team. She is willing to wager up to 600py in battle, either against you, or as your partner against the girls from Kanto.

Great minds think alike, as Piston has also shown up at the lighthouse in search of a fight. He has no interest in facing his soon-to-be travel buddy one on one, but seems eager to get on your good side. He offers to put up the entire wager against the trainers from Kanto, while allowing you to take half the winnings. His water types would be at a severe disadvantage against the gym trainer's grass Pokemon, so Piston decides to give you incentive to protect his Pokemon; If you take him up as a tag partner, and defeat Michelle and Tanya before any of his Pokemon faint, he will reward you with an Oshawott hatchling.

A suspicious looking fellow by the name of Trudly has an intriguing proposition for you. Although he is not interested in betting money or being your Tag Partner, he promises to offer you a job should you beat him in a Pokemon Battle. You get the feeling that the work in question would be criminal in nature.

The lady from the Krabby Club last night is also around, and she introduces herself as Laken. She is willing to wager up to 1100py either against you, or as you partner against the girls from Kanto. You know she has at least one flying type Pokemon, which would have the advantage against both your bugs and the gym trainers' grass types. She spots the fishing gear on your person, and spices her offer up; Battle either with or against Laken, and if you impress her she will show you her favorite fishing hole.

Choose what, if any, clothes you are buying at the Pokemart, and if you are changing. Then choose who you are battling and how much you are wagering. You easily have time to take more than one battle if you wish.

Game Status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Simplified Character Sheets:

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 08:02:17 am »

Two birds with one stone. Take up Piston's offer. If he's willing to put up the entire wager, we have nothing to lose, even if we lose. We can gain his trust and make up to 650py.

Morever, since this is a race for time battle (we gotta get that Oshawott), make sure to send out our sweeper Tallow first. Overheat can cover two grass-type foes at once and is the ideal move for this double battle.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:44 am »

Two birds with one stone. Take up Piston's offer. If he's willing to put up the entire wager, we have nothing to lose, even if we lose. We can gain his trust and make up to 650py.

Morever, since this is a race for time battle (we gotta get that Oshawott), make sure to send out our sweeper Tallow first. Overheat can cover two grass-type foes at once and is the ideal move for this double battle.
+1

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 08:48:44 pm »

+1
All the +1

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 10:18:23 pm »

+1
All the +1
+1

Does overheat hit allies as well (I forgot)?

If so: Do any of Piston's pokemon know protect or a similar move? If so, tell him to use it in the first turn of battle so that we don't harm his pokemon.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 10:51:24 pm »

Does overheat hit allies as well (I forgot)?

If so: Do any of Piston's pokemon know protect or a similar move? If so, tell him to use it in the first turn of battle so that we don't harm his pokemon.
The battle will likely come with a map I think, so unless Piston's 'mon is VERY awkwardly positioned it will not be a problem. And even if it was, Piston is a water type trainer, so overheat would not be very effective anyway.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 11:50:49 pm »

+1 to freeformschooler's idea. also PTW.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 05:51:08 am »

((what moves does eclipse know? I want to teach her flame charge))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 07:01:01 am »

((what moves does eclipse know? I want to teach her flame charge))

It's under the character sheets. Flame charge would be rather useless as it's a Physical move. She has Flame Burst instead.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 03:52:45 am »

(Note: I'll be traveling next week, and won't have access to the software I usually use to manage graphical maps. Until I get back, I will be using a google docs spreadsheet)
(Note: In general, I will skip Kyurin's trainer turns during friendly trainer battles unless a Pokemon has fainted and needs switching. Please inform me if you plan of having Kyurin act otherwise, so that I can stop the battle sequence on his turn)

"Alright. Piston, ladies, you are on."

Piston Puts up 1300 to match the ladies' wager, and the four of you clear off a portion of the lighthouse roof to host your battle on.

"Tallow... Showtime!"

The Litwick pops out of its Pokeball with a flash, and affectionately snuggles up against your cheek. It takes you a few seconds to get it focused on the task at hand, and by then the others have sent out their Pokemon as well.

"Ahoy Duke! Lets rock and roll!"

To your relief, Piston chooses to lead with his strongest Pokemon. You've seen your fair share of Duke over the course of your time on Hydreigon's Wrath. You have witnessed the Samurott use blizzard before, and suspect that it has at least 10 levels on any of your Pokemon. It is by no means the sort of Pokemon that one should write off just because it is dealing with a bad type matchup.

"Come on Barbie, Lets go Party!"

"Kick their butts Ken!"

The girls send out a matching pair of plant Pokemon, complete with a cute name scheme. You don't recognize the exact species - they are not from Unova, but you would bet your life on the fact that they are grass types. Their small size leads you to believe that they are likely first stage Pokemon with at least one evolution remaining.

---

Friendly Battle, Round 1:

Duke moves first, showing surprising speed for its size. Following a prompt from its trainer, the Samurott dashes foward and thrusts its sharp horn towards one of the plants! The move is a direct hit, and the targeted plant staggers back in shock, hisses in agony, but remains in the fight.

"Uh oh. We could be in fer a fight lad! Duke's Megahorn usually ruins grass types. These ones are tough!"

"Crap. You boys have some heavy duty attacks to throw around, don't you? Barbie, get behind a substitute!"

The slightly smaller of the two plants nods and vanishes in a puff of smoke. An even smaller doll appears in Barbie's place.

"Ken! Strike Back! Vine Whip!"

The slightly larger of the two plants responds to the command by reaching out one of its vines and lashing Duke across the face! The large water-type winces a bit, but remains standing. You suspect that even though the attack was super effective, the tough bastard of a Samurott could take another two or three like it before going down.

"Heh, I've been training Duke here since I was a lad! It will take more than a vine whip to stop us!"

It is now Tallow's turn. Tallow can move up to five tiles per round by levitating. Tallow's Fire Spin attack has a range of 3 tiles. Tallow's Smog attack has a range of 2 tiles, and can hit multiple foes in a straight line. Tallow's Overheat attack has a range of 8 tiles, and damages everything within a 3 tile blast radius of its original target. Hex, Confuse Ray, and Will-O-Wisp all have a range of 6.

Battle Status:

Game Status:

Simplified Character Sheets:

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:32 am »

Alright, so we can't overheat Barbie or Ken without catching Duke in the crossfire, and they might have more Pokemon than just the hell sprout, so we can't risk catching Duke in the crossfire if we want that Oshawott. Tallow! Move to G3 and fire spin Duke!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:10:50 am by nuclearwhale »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 10:05:10 am »

Alright, so we can't overheat Barbie or Ken without catching Duke in the crossfire, and they might have more Pokemon than just the hell sprout, so we can't risk catching Duke in the crossfire if we want that Oshawott. Tallow! Move to G3 and fire spin Duke!

Umm... I'm guessing you made a typo in picking your target man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8