Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive  (Read 12472 times)

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2015, 01:44:37 am »

Finish this with a flame burst!
Also I think we might have come close to killing Barbie there. I kinda forgot that death was a thing in PTU. We probably ought to be more careful in friendly battles in the future.

+1

Time to get an egg!
+1
+1
I think Eclipse is just somewhat of a sadist, really.

Ploos 1!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2015, 01:46:23 am »

Also I think we might have come close to killing Barbie there. I kinda forgot that death was a thing in PTU. We probably ought to be more careful in friendly battles in the future.

+1

Time to get an egg!
+1
+1

Ploos 1!
+1

Sure it wasn't just a critical hit / max attack? She would actually be "Modest", according to the extended sheet.

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2015, 08:12:29 am »

Eclipse is indeed Modest. Could very well have just been a power hit. But take note, Barbie had also cut her own life by a margin due to Substitute. So... that also had a hand in it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2015, 08:17:40 am »

When I say sadist, I was mostly joking around, but with a GM at the hood, Eclipse could totally have a mean streak.
Also, I don't know about you guys but I am going to ask for pokefluff about Tallow and Eclipse the instant the battle is over.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2015, 08:24:09 am »

When I say sadist, I was mostly joking around, but with a GM at the hood, Eclipse could totally have a mean streak.
Also, I don't know about you guys but I am going to ask for pokefluff about Tallow and Eclipse the instant the battle is over.
What do you mean, pokefluff?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2015, 08:30:05 am »

What do you mean, pokefluff?

I think he means how we met them, misc. roleplaying details like that. They are sort of our signature Pokemon, after all.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:44 pm »

+1

Time to get an egg!
+1
+1

Ploos 1!
+1

Sure it wasn't just a critical hit / max attack? She would actually be "Modest", according to the extended sheet.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »

(Note: You guys want some fluff/backstory? Alright, I'll throw in flashbacks every so often)

---

"Eclipse, put it away. Flame Burst attack go!"

"...Pix"

Eclipse inhales deeply before unleashing a blast of powerful red flames in Petals direction. The attack is right on target, and causes way more than enough damage to roast the grass type to a crisp and knock it out cold! Your Vulpix surveys its work and briefly offers a content smile.

The battle has ended! You gain 135 EXP to distribute among your Pokemon as you see fit!

You offer Eclipse a kurt nod and recall her before she remembers that Piston recently said something that may be interpreted as a compliment.

---

No trainer ever forgets the day he or she met his or her first Pokemon, and you are no exception. The day your 8 year old self encountered the bald and heavily scarred Vulpix at the shelter you were volunteering at is still clear in your mind.

The adults wouldn't let you near her - the Fox Pokemon had been abused by the man who bred it, and you were told it would never be able to trust a human again. She was only being kept until one of the DA's staffers could come by and take pictures to use as evidence in the abuse case, and then she would be 'sent off to live at a nice farm in White Forest'.

Something about the Pokemon's plight touched you, and so when you got home that night you begged your father to rescue her from being put down. Your father answered your request by giving you a big speech on responsibility before telling you no, but the next morning you awoke to find a Pokeball containing a hairless and heavily scarred Vulpix on your bedside table.

At first Eclipse was a weak, frightened, and mistrusting creature, but as time marched forward the first two issues resolved themselves almost completely. By the end of her third day with you, Eclipse no longer attempted to hurt you with her puny attacks. By the end of the fifth day, she allowed you to touch her. After a week and a half she no longer panicked upon hearing loud noises, and by end of the third week her puny attacks were no longer so puny. By the end of the first month enough of Eclipse's fur had grown back to completely cover her scars, but no amount of time could ever fully deal with her mental ones.

Eclipse is still very much damaged goods. For some reason you don't quite understand praise, petting, or any other form of positive attention causes her to snap; The only person allowed to be nice to Eclipse is you, and even then only when you are fully alone with her or bribe her with food - Anybody else would get a face full of Flame Burst just for telling the Vulpix 'Good Job'. She is also an utter sadist, although she rarely lets on to the fact overtly, you know for a fact that Eclipse is truly at her happiest when she is hurting others.

In some ways, you have grown more and more like your Vulpix over the years. You are less the child who took pity on a condemned Pokemon, and more the cold and cruel creature that you rescued, who mistrusts the very idea of good intentions  - not that your issues are nearly as bad as Eclipse's, of course. When you reflect on how you have changed over the years, you can't help but trace it all back to that day just after your 15th birthday when Eclipse inadvertently taught you the consequences of kindness...

---

"Wow. You guys are good. I'm beat. I don't think we even stood a chance."

Michelle's concession of defeat drags you back to the present.

"Yeah. We have lots of training to do before we can even begin to dream about clearing all 100 floors of Mt. Battle..."

+650py

"Heh, Somehow you won the side bet AND got my Pokemon to take all the hits for yours, ya crafty bastard. I'm gonna take the ladies down to the Pokemon Center to get all healed up. If you want to pick out an Oshawott from my PC now, you can tag along, but if you want to get some more battles in up here before we have to go to work, I'll see ya later - we can set you up with a hatching tonight when I'm on the PC to deposit my share of the pay."

Is it worth being social, and tagging along with Piston and the girls, to pick up Oshawott right away? Or would you rather take on some more battles right now? Perhaps you want to do something else entirely?

Quote from: Remaining Trainers
Kilen is a well built local woman. She refuses to go into detail about her Pokemon team. She is willing to wager up to 600py in battle, either against you, or as your partner against the girls from Kanto.

A suspicious looking fellow by the name of Trudly has an intriguing proposition for you. Although he is not interested in betting money or being your Tag Partner, he promises to offer you a job should you beat him in a Pokemon Battle. You get the feeling that the work in question would be criminal in nature.

The lady from the Krabby Club last night is also around, and she introduces herself as Laken. She is willing to wager up to 1100py either against you, or as you partner against the girls from Kanto. You know she has at least one flying type Pokemon, which would have the advantage against both your bugs and the gym trainers' grass types. She spots the fishing gear on your person, and spices her offer up; Battle either with or against Laken, and if you impress her she will show you her favorite fishing hole.

Game Status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Simplified Character Sheets:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:27:52 pm by Weirdsound »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2015, 01:24:23 am »

Calllled it.
Hmmm, I think we should tag along with piston, we are going to be working along with him, after all.
Alan help.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2015, 03:03:06 am »

Calllled it.
Hmmm, I think we should tag along with piston, we are going to be working along with him, after all.
+1
Yeah, even if I would vote against stealing the whole truck, we just might get our hands on something afterall. Or just do a honest days work, nothing wrong with that either.

As for the xp, I guess sharing it 50:50 between Eclipse and Tallow should be all-right.

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2015, 06:40:10 am »

Calllled it.
+1
Yeah, even if I would vote against stealing the whole truck, we just might get our hands on something afterall. Or just do a honest days work, nothing wrong with that either.

As for the xp, I guess sharing it 50:50 between Eclipse and Tallow should be all-right.

The XP came out uneven. Gonna need to give either Tallow or Eclipse one extra. 67 XP for Tallow, 68 for Eclipse. Because Eclipse actually got a kill in there. Also, +1 for going with Piston for now. Get a rep with the good crowd, then when 'something happens,' claim innocence. :P Plus, having an Oshawott would not be a bad thing at all.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2015, 11:50:09 am »

I'm in agreement with everyone, go to the Pokemon Center.
EXP split:
The XP came out uneven. Gonna need to give either Tallow or Eclipse one extra. 67 XP for Tallow, 68 for Eclipse. Because Eclipse actually got a kill in there.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2015, 01:00:33 am »

The Exp is distributed: 67 for Tallow and 68 for Eclipse. This causes no level-ups.

The trip to the Pokemon Center is rather uneventful. The girls make conversation among themselves and neither you nor Piston bother butting in, although you do learn a bit about the girls.

-The girls have come to Orre to challenge Mt. Battle, a legendary test for trainers built around and inside of an active volcano in which challengers attempt to defeat waves of ten trainers without rest. The girls have heard a rumor that truly rare, and perhaps even mythical, Pokemon are kept as rewards for trainers who can clear all 100 battles.

-Michelle, the redheaded one, owns a Leaf Stone that she intends to use on Barbie to evolve it to its final form once it evolves for the first time. Evolutionary stones are rather valuable, and this information may be of use to you if you feel like partaking in Petty Theft in the near future.

-Tanya has fallen in love with the sea during the long boat ride she took to Orre, and constantly peppers Piston with questions about seafaring and water type Pokemon. If you put your fishing rod to use at some point, you might be able to sell your catch to her.

Arriving at the Pokemon Center, Piston allows to girls to heal up first and leads you to the PC, where he shows you a box with several Oshawott. It would seem that he breeds the water types, which are uncommon even in their native Unova, and sells them on foreign soil to supplement his income. He gives you your choice of three hatchlings.

"Lanealot here looks ta grow up ta be a good and swift phyiscal attacker, seeing as he has a Jolly Nature. Good choice if ya want to beat fools up close and personal.

Posiden goes the other way, and should turn out to be a good special attacker as his nature is Mild.

Chuck is a bit of a reject, as 'is nature is Bold, which makes him hit less hard. He does know the powerful move Waterfall though, because I got piss drunk one night and wasted a TM on the kid.

You can 'ave any of those ones as yer prize for winning the bet. Choose wisely Kyurin!"

Choices, choices, choices... You also still have some more time before you have to go to work, is there anything else you want to do in town?

Game Status:

Simplified Character Sheets:

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2015, 02:44:37 am »

Hmmm, I would say Lanealot, as we might want to fill in our 'fast and strong' hole in our team, though I do kinda want to grab chuck, waterfall does seem to be a pretty powerful move.

Ah, whatever, Pick Chuck.
Alan help.

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2015, 07:27:50 am »

Hmmm, I would say Lanealot, as we might want to fill in our 'fast and strong' hole in our team, though I do kinda want to grab chuck, waterfall does seem to be a pretty powerful move.

Ah, whatever, Pick Chuck.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8