Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive  (Read 12492 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Pokemon: Team Plasma Fugitive
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:42 am »

Alright, so we can't overheat Barbie or Ken without catching Duke in the crossfire, and they might have more Pokemon than just the hell sprout, so we can't risk catching Duke in the crossfire if we want that Oshawott. Tallow! Move to G3 and fire spin Duke!

I can't remember... does incremental damage e.g. fire spin affect substituted pokemon?

Ask piston if duke has any defensive moves. If so, nudge him to call duke closer to him and use one of those. We can fire spin ken or barbie this turn, but we definitely want a clear shot for overheat
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:14:36 am by freeformschooler »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 10:24:37 am »

Alright, so we can't overheat Barbie or Ken without catching Duke in the crossfire, and they might have more Pokemon than just the hell sprout, so we can't risk catching Duke in the crossfire if we want that Oshawott. Tallow! Move to G3 and fire spin Duke!

I can't remember... does incremental damage e.g. fire spin affect substituted pokemon?

Ask piston if duke has any defensive moves. If so, nudge him to call duke closer to him and use one of those. We can fire spin ken or barbie this turn, but we definitely want a clear shot for overheat

Substitute prevents status conditions, and a fire spin vortex counts as a status condition in this system. The raw damage from the actual attack will still work though, and should easily be enough to break the sub.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 11:28:19 am »

And I just realized that I said Duke instead of Ken. Err... Tallow! Fire spin Ken!

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 11:14:17 pm »

And I just realized that I said Duke instead of Ken. Err... Tallow! Fire spin Ken!
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 02:57:03 am »

(Sorry. Wasn't able to post while out of town like I had planned. Lets get back into things now)

"Time to scorch the earth. Show Ken your Fire Spin attack!"

The Litwick floats south to get into range, before settling in right behind Duke to unleash a rather puny vortex of swirling flames in the small plant's direction... clearly Tallow was a bit off on the execution of the move. Ken is able to fan the small flame away with a single wave of one of its leaves, and the attack misses.

"Wi-wik!?!?!"  :-\

"Goldarn it! Duke, blast both of em with Blizzard!"

The large water type backs away from the fight before unleashing a massive flurry of freezing wind and ice upon the other combatants. The attack nails both grass types for huge damage, destroying Barbie's substitute and nearly ripping Ken straight in half! The heavily damaged male plant collapses to the ground!

"RRRRRRRRRROUGHT!!!!!"

"Yikes! We can't have that beast using blizzard again. Barbie, put the big one down with some Sleep Powder!"

Barbie inhales as if building up to launch a powder attack, but abruptly sneezes at the worst possible moment, dispersing the powder everywhere and spreading it too thin to put anything, much less a creature Duke's size, to sleep.

"Oh crap...."

"Don't worry, we can just bring in the big guns to deal with these trainers! Go Stench, put that fat walrus wannabe down with a Mega Drain! GOOGOOKACHOO!"

A slightly larger flower Pokemon appears next to Duke, and reaches out a tiny arm to drain some of the Samurott's lifeforce with a touch! Duke howls in pain as its vitality is decimated by the powerful grass attack! You can tell at a glance that your chances of winning an Oshawott just decreased drastically - one more solid hit will likely knock out Piston's Pokemon.

It is now Tallow's turn. Tallow can move up to five tiles per round by levitating. Tallow's Fire Spin attack has a range of 3 tiles (1 Round Cooldown). Tallow's Smog attack has a range of 2 tiles, and can hit multiple foes in a straight line. Tallow's Overheat attack has a range of 8 tiles, and damages everything within a 3 tile blast radius of its original target. Hex, Confuse Ray, and Will-O-Wisp all have a range of 6.

Battle Status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game Status:

Simplified Character Sheets:

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 08:02:01 pm »

Have Duke keep focusing on the weaker plants. This plant looked a bit tougher, and would require some special love and affection. Thought it was too early before... but now is a perfect time. Tallow, use Overheat on Stench!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 08:05:50 pm »

Out of curiosity... did Kyuren reroll our Tallow's Fire Spin as per his trainer abilities and miss anyway? Or was that left unused because this is a friendly battle?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:16 pm »

Out of curiosity... did Kyuren reroll our Tallow's Fire Spin as per his trainer abilities and miss anyway? Or was that left unused because this is a friendly battle?

Oops... That was a case of GM was away from the game for a week and forgot about the ability.  ::)

Have Duke keep focusing on the weaker plants. This plant looked a bit tougher, and would require some special love and affection. Thought it was too early before... but now is a perfect time. Tallow, use Overheat on Stench!

Overheat creates a 3m blast. Where would you like to center it?

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »

Does overheat need to actually target a Pokemon or would any old tile work? If it needs to target an actual Pokemon, is targeting ourselves something we can do? If we have to target a Pokemon that isn't ourselves we probably should not overheat, as we cannot do so without the risk of KOing Duke. If we can target any tile, we should back up to E6 and hit tile I6 with the overheat in order to hit the enemy Pokemon and only the enemy Pokemon. If we cannot do that, but targeting ourselves is an option, we should have Tallow move to I6 and target himself, in order to hurt everything but Duke. Otherwise we should just hit Stench with a confuse ray and hope for the best. (Also, there is a possibility I misinterpreted what a 3 tile burst means. Does it mean the explosion reaches 3 tiles from the center of the explosion or 3 tiles including the center of the explosion? If it's including, aim at I7 instead of I6.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:33 pm »

Does overheat need to actually target a Pokemon or would any old tile work? If it needs to target an actual Pokemon, is targeting ourselves something we can do? If we have to target a Pokemon that isn't ourselves we probably should not overheat, as we cannot do so without the risk of KOing Duke. If we can target any tile, we should back up to E6 and hit tile I6 with the overheat in order to hit the enemy Pokemon and only the enemy Pokemon. If we cannot do that, but targeting ourselves is an option, we should have Tallow move to I6 and target himself, in order to hurt everything but Duke. Otherwise we should just hit Stench with a confuse ray and hope for the best. (Also, there is a possibility I misinterpreted what a 3 tile burst means. Does it mean the explosion reaches 3 tiles from the center of the explosion or 3 tiles including the center of the explosion? If it's including, aim at I7 instead of I6.)

Lemee check the official ruling in the pdf on that... Actually they seem to have changed what I've understood the blast keyword meant when the latest PTU Version came out. The move creates a 3x3 Square centered anywhere within its 8 tile range. I'll fix that in the description for next turn.

Edit: Do pardon the sloppiness guys. Part of the reason I'm running this is to learn the new version of PTU. There may be a decent share of glitches like this.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 09:37:54 pm »

Center the blast on J7. This is the only tile that will hit Stench without also hitting Duke, Tallow, or Tanya. Also make sure our rerolling scene perk is active is case we miss on the first roll.

Man there's a lot of stuff to think about in PTU. It's tough to adjust to trainers as active entities on the battlefield that can get hurt and attack.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:41:13 pm by freeformschooler »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 09:42:17 pm »

Center the blast on J7. This is the only tile that will hit Stench without also hitting Duke, Tallow, or Tanya. Also make sure our rerolling scene perk is active is case we miss on the first roll.
+1.

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2015, 12:42:05 am »

What's going on with the grid locations? I'm not seeing a link to any sort of map at all... NVM. Found it. lol

J7, by the map, doesn't hit anything with Overheat. The move, by definition, will only hit 9 spots. J7 hits no enemies. So Center Overheat on I-8 to target Stench only.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:47:50 am by majinonifox1 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:03 am »

What's going on with the grid locations? I'm not seeing a link to any sort of map at all...

Battle Status -> Battle Map

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 12:50:25 am »

I feex'd it. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8