Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 650294 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #16080 on: July 12, 2015, 01:53:53 am »

Kiri is prolly being bored somewhere in the hotel since Pan poofed.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: July 12, 2015, 01:56:07 am »

He may or may not meet Celia on her way out for some fresh air.
I still feel ill. Damn.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: July 12, 2015, 02:02:40 am »

((*looks left*
*looks right*
IKNOWSOMETHINGALCANRULE *sudden explosion; rain of gore*))
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: July 12, 2015, 02:04:00 am »

Plutarch still remains standing motionless in the same spot waiting for Eve to respond.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: July 12, 2015, 02:08:08 am »

((Well I didn't know that. And the train broke down in a place that makes it difficult for other trains to get past without risking a collision. Don't ask me where, I don't know. It was a really low roll, I had to do something more than a 15 minute delay.))

((Obviously there's a temporospatial distortion in place which causes the area they're in to be unable to be reached by trains, but not anything else. Just trains. The story is just a cover :P))

Plutarch still remains standing motionless in the same spot waiting for Eve to respond.

((Apologies, I've been... yeah, pretty wiped recently >___< he wanted to know about the nature of enchantments?))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: July 12, 2015, 02:11:12 am »

"Depends. What hypothetical situation are you two thinking of?"
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: July 12, 2015, 02:12:03 am »

Pandora is back in her Hotel room. She's wearing just her hot pants and compression top due to having taken a shower.

There's a knock on her door.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: July 12, 2015, 02:12:47 am »

((Well I didn't know that. And the train broke down in a place that makes it difficult for other trains to get past without risking a collision. Don't ask me where, I don't know. It was a really low roll, I had to do something more than a 15 minute delay.))
((Obviously there's a temporospatial distortion in place which causes the area they're in to be unable to be reached by trains, but not anything else. Just trains. The story is just a cover :P))
((Or the Principal got drunk and erased the very concept of a train from that specific area, rendering it impossible for them to exist :P))

((It's fine. Plutarch wanted to know, what an enchantment is, how it related to magic being powered by cognition, and what the limits are on what could be enchanted.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: July 12, 2015, 02:21:28 am »

((Or the Principal got drunk and erased the very concept of a train from that specific area, rendering it impossible for them to exist :P))

((It's fine. Plutarch wanted to know, what an enchantment is, how it related to magic being powered by cognition, and what the limits are on what could be enchanted.))

"That depends on the nature of the enchantment. For simplicity's sake, we'll say that there are two basic groups of enchantments. This is, of course, a total fabrication, but it's close enough to the truth. The first is an item with a spell placed upon it. That's what you all are making now, for the most part, using runes and the like to create a spell that affects the item and causes it to work in a specific way. For example, if you create a spell that guides a projectile to its source, you can then apply it to an object, like, say, a bullet. This bullet will then 'curve' toward a target when fired.

The other kind of enchantment is... more complicated than you are really ready for at this time, and is less accurately called 'enchantment' so much as fabrication. Essentially, you alter the structure of the item to contain a certain set of magical circuits similar to those in a magic-user's body, except geared toward one particular affect. That way, when the weapon is used by someone who is capable of utilizing those circuits, generally the creator or one who it was created for and their descendants, it draws on their power when used to produce a specific effect. This kind of item takes much more skill and time to make, but their spells also do not wear down like normal enchantments do. Many weapons one can think of from legend were mad this way... Since we're in Japan, I'll use Kusanagi-no-tsurugi as an example of such a thing.

Do you have any more specific questions?
"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: July 12, 2015, 02:28:12 am »

"So, an enchantment is in effect, a self-sustaining spell? In that case, what are the limits on what can be enchanted? Could say, a gust of wind, or a computer program be subject to enchantment? Can enchantments be designed to replicate themselves and check for errors in their duplicate?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: July 12, 2015, 02:32:33 am »

"So, an enchantment is in effect, a self-sustaining spell? In that case, what are the limits on what can be enchanted? Could say, a gust of wind, or a computer program be subject to enchantment? Can enchantments be designed to replicate themselves and check for errors in their duplicate?"

"It is within the realm of possibility, though a gust of wind could really only be enchanted in the simple sense, as its structure is too fluid to properly hold a fabrication. In a way, some complex spells which manipulate objects are similar to what you've described. You could create a self-replicating spell, though its effectiveness would be limited by the amount of energy available, and as for making them self-improve... while possible in theory, not something to be done easily."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: July 12, 2015, 02:36:46 am »

Yuri and Sabrina....still exist in the lobby.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: July 12, 2015, 02:39:45 am »

"Well, from what sources of energy can an enchantment draw power from? Electrical? Thermal?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: July 12, 2015, 02:46:10 am »

"Well, from what sources of energy can an enchantment draw power from? Electrical? Thermal?"

"If you can build a spell to convert it... well. Energy is Energy."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: July 12, 2015, 02:56:02 am »

thincake
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1274