Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 653396 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #7740 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:55 am »

"Weird, nonetheless."
Her fingers slip back into their normal position.
"Yeah, i guess. Hey, I think I have a book that might help on biology." Etber opens a portal to a pocket dimension, grabs something from inside, then closes it. He hands Cynthia a book labelled 'Humans and all their body parts: Advanced Edition for Expert Abominations' It has two fully naked people on the front, one male, one female. "Sorry if its a bit vulgar, chaos abominations dont really mind that sort of thing. It does have quite a bit on muscular functions however, in between the recipes, and mating processes."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: June 19, 2015, 01:49:17 am »

"In my defence, my abilities have known limits, which I physically cannot surpass under any circumstance. It would be impossible for me to command something I simply cannot command, nor issue a command an object cannot follow, nor can I simply pull out a cruise missile.

I came here to improve the one magic I can improve upon."

"That will come with time, and training."

"I will point out that that's not at all close to what you wanted us to do."

"I will point out that I asked you to demonstrate your proficiency, not your inborn ability. Not a one of you completed the assignment to my satisfaction."
"I would also like to point out that instinct only makes it easier to grasp the concepts. The instinct is inborn, the Patterns are not. All my Patterns were developed through my own work. Not through just naturally getting it."

"You used a power that came from instinct, not skill. You developed it, yes, as did many. But it was not something you developed wholly on your own merits. As I said, your power and control are not to be insulted. It is merely your horizons that are too narrow."

Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 19, 2015, 01:49:42 am »

Releasing a sigh, though it sounded more like the symptoms of severe tinnitus, Plutarch nods curtly.
"Indeed. My physiology is optimized for stealth and survival rather than anything too useful for the modern world aside from violating privacy I suppose, quite unlike related beings (not that their capabilities are too useful nowadays either). I suspect it may be in part due to natural selection. A civilization where hatred of the deceased become vengeful spirits in their own right instead of all consolidating into something such as myself, would likely be destroyed as a result of their more destructive capabilities."

"Indeed. Now. you are a large mass of spirits, all of them so very angry, and thus, powerful. How can we use that?"
"Not entirely sure, I do not have much control over my individual components, though then again, they aren't particularly useful even if I could. Spirits bearing grudges against everything in existence, specializing in collateral damage and too angry to be reasoned with generally won't contribute much to society.

Granted, the standard abstraction used by my species to model their own physiology is based on radioisotopes, which indeed have many applications. Those involving fission are out of the question as that would be tantamount to suicide unless I am somehow able to procure additional mass that counteracts it. Furthermore, in all circumstances I know of, my decay products remain the same, so some sort of replication of a Casaba Howitzer or Project Excalibur unit, does not seem presently possible. Not that either such application is particularly useful either.

The issue I see with myself, and most of the others in this room isn't a matter of output, or lethal capabilities, but rather capabilities that are useful for the modern world."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 19, 2015, 01:50:49 am »

Releasing a sigh, though it sounded more like the symptoms of severe tinnitus, Plutarch nods curtly.
"Indeed. My physiology is optimized for stealth and survival rather than anything too useful for the modern world aside from violating privacy I suppose, quite unlike related beings (not that their capabilities are too useful nowadays either). I suspect it may be in part due to natural selection. A civilization where hatred of the deceased become vengeful spirits in their own right instead of all consolidating into something such as myself, would likely be destroyed as a result of their more destructive capabilities."

"Indeed. Now. you are a large mass of spirits, all of them so very angry, and thus, powerful. How can we use that?"
"Not entirely sure, I do not have much control over my individual components, though then again, they aren't particularly useful even if I could. Spirits bearing grudges against everything in existence, specializing in collateral damage and too angry to be reasoned with generally won't contribute much to society.

Granted, the standard abstraction used by my species to model their own physiology is based on radioisotopes, which indeed have many applications. Those involving fission are out of the question as that would be tantamount to suicide unless I am somehow able to procure additional mass that counteracts it. Furthermore, in all circumstances I know of, my decay products remain the same, so some sort of replication of a Casaba Howitzer or Project Excalibur unit, does not seem presently possible. Not that either such application is particularly useful either.

The issue I see with myself, and most of the others in this room isn't a matter of output, or lethal capabilities, but rather capabilities that are useful for the modern world."

"A practical thinker. I like you. It seems we shall have a project."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:27 am »

"In my defence, my abilities have known limits, which I physically cannot surpass under any circumstance. It would be impossible for me to command something I simply cannot command, nor issue a command an object cannot follow, nor can I simply pull out a cruise missile.

"I will point out that I asked you to demonstrate your proficiency, not your inborn ability. Not a one of you completed the assignment to my satisfaction."
"I would also like to point out that instinct only makes it easier to grasp the concepts. The instinct is inborn, the Patterns are not. All my Patterns were developed through my own work. Not through just naturally getting it."

"You used a power that came from instinct, not skill. You developed it, yes, as did many. But it was not something you developed wholly on your own merits. As I said, your power and control are not to be insulted. It is merely your horizons that are too narrow."
"I would disagree with that. Would a savant with a brain wired for numbers develop the concept of a numbers if they never were taught even the idea of numbers? Maybe, but unlikely, and they would never develop even basic arithmetic in their own lifetime unless they lived for a Very Very Long Time.. All instinct does is makes intuitive jumps easier. If a Kitsune never learns of the concept of an illusion, the likelyhood of them developing even a basic Illusory Patten is very low. I did in fact develop it on my own merits."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 19, 2015, 01:58:17 am »

"I would disagree with that. Would a savant with a brain wired for numbers develop the concept of a numbers if they never were taught even the idea of numbers? Maybe, but unlikely, and they would never develop even basic arithmetic in their own lifetime unless they lived for a Very Very Long Time.. All instinct does is makes intuitive jumps easier. If a Kitsune never learns of the concept of an illusion, the likelyhood of them developing even a basic Illusory Patten is very low. I did in fact develop it on my own merits."

"And yet I still would not accept you. Because as interesting as it may be, it is nothing I have not seen a hundred times by a hundred other kitsune who thought they were special. Show me something new, Kiri, and I will retract my statement."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 19, 2015, 02:03:41 am »

Rosa makes a harsh noise from the back of her throat. "Feh. Not intuitive?  What the hell am I meant to do,fly? Would you prefer me to kick things instead?"
Larissa puts her head in her hands.

Cynthia looks at the book. "O... Kay."
She takes it and flicks through.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 19, 2015, 02:07:16 am »

"And yet I still would not accept you. Because as interesting as it may be, it is nothing I have not seen a hundred times by a hundred other kitsune who thought they were special. Show me something new, Kiri, and I will retract my statement."
"Define 'New.'"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 19, 2015, 02:10:21 am »

"Something novel for your species."

Rosa makes a harsh noise from the back of her throat. "Feh. Not intuitive?  What the hell am I meant to do,fly? Would you prefer me to kick things instead?"

"Actually, with your ability, flying is not beyond your capabilities, after a fact. Are you alright, Larissa?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 19, 2015, 02:12:46 am »

"Actually, with your ability, flying is not beyond your capabilities, after a fact. Are you alright, Larissa?"
"Functional psionics?"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 19, 2015, 02:13:02 am »

Larissa looks up, and nods. Then she glances at Rosa.
She doesn't look impressed. At all.
"Whoa, that'd be useful."
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: June 19, 2015, 02:18:48 am »

Larissa looks up, and nods. Then she glances at Rosa.
She doesn't look impressed. At all.
"Whoa, that'd be useful."

"Indeed."

"Functional psionics?"

"Not magic, strictly speaking. Though I suppose you could be referring to magic which imitates such. Please, go on."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 19, 2015, 02:21:44 am »

Rosa busies herself with getting used to her temporary body.
Heh. I could punch you if I wanted. That's just weird.
Stop being so crude in front of everyone! They might think I'M like that!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:25:58 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 19, 2015, 02:23:28 am »

Rosa busies herself with getting used to her temporary body.
Heh. I could punch you if I wanted. That's just weird.
...Larissa?
Oh, man, I forgot.
Bloody severed mind links.

((actually, they can still talk. She's still in Larissa's head, just with her senses slaved to the homunculus.))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: June 19, 2015, 02:24:01 am »

Cynthia looks at the book. "O... Kay."
She takes it and flicks through.
"Sooooo, how is it?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1274