Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 653285 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #7710 on: June 19, 2015, 12:37:03 am »

Oh, don't go turning away now. You'll not learn something. This lesson is for you, too.

"Good."

Chibeve lifts up a hand, meeting Rosa's fist with what appears to be a light palm strike... and then, for whatever reason, time appears to slow down, and both their arms appear to suddenly become transparent. Larissa would see them, even if she had turned away.

Your technique is sound, I don't see any holes in it in particular. But. It's a bit simple, isn't it?

They'd see colored lines suddenly appear through the translucent skin of Rosa's arm, tracing down through her muscles, showing how the magic flows that strengthens and hardens them.

"A lesson for you. Any magic, once understood, has an opposite. Just as this magic can strengthen materials..."

An answering scattering of lines, these red and black, race down Eva's arm. Some strengthen her own muscle and skin, much less than Rosa had used, and the rest push into Rosa's arm, interlacing between and within Rosa's own magic. Rosa's muscles would then simply... fall apart, suddenly atrophying as if long unused. Chibeve pushes the arm to the side, letting it pass lightly by her as she breaks into a spin, eventually ending up on her behind. Time resumes.

"Try that in the future. And Larissa, later in your training, try to remember this."

"S-so... what happens now?"

"Now? Let's go practice Medicine. Well, After your counterpart demonstrates the use of her abilities for me...

Well.

Then we get to the 'theory' portion of class."

Kiri sits down crosslegged and closes his eyes. A small purple flame forms above his head.

For a moment, nothing happens.

And then reality within the room appears to shatter. Holes seemingly ripped in existence, glowing a violent, sickly purple at the edges.

Worms with many eyes and man sized spiders begin to crawl from the many tears, an oppressive feeling of fear and horror and dread floods the room, and if nothing in the room is stopping the emotional radiation, everybody for a kilometer or so will feel it as well. They won't know what caused it, they'll just feel it.

A moment of this passes before the radiation of emotion suddenly cuts off and reality within the room returns to normal. Kiri stands up.

Kiri then unleashes a series of purple bolts of lightning at the wall, followed by a burst of purple fire and a beam of raw energy. The fire doesn't stop burning for several minutes, as well as being infused with a feeling of nausea and heat. The Beam would likely be more then enough to melt through a foot of steel, and the lightning is actually amped pain infused Foxfire, which would make it severely debilitating to anyone hit.

"Shatter's Pattern is just illusion, extremely well woven and hard to tell, even if you're looking at the threads, but illusion none the less, fed enough energy, the shell generating the entities can create corporal entities. Said entities can actually rend flesh. Takes a lotta energy though to make them even partly physical though and isn't really useful beyond shock value due to its localized effects."

"Horror's Pattern is just me taking some fear based Foxfire, amplifying it tenfold, and then aggressively radiating it into the environment. I can do this with any emotion. Hopefully the room blocked that, any psion is gonna feel that."

"The other ones are just Attack Patterns. I have a few Defense Patterns I use as well."

"You're adept, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a fox of your stature. Do you have anything that may impress me?"
"Shatter's Pattern is actually a Master Level Pattern. Normally onetails can't form it, much less maintain it for the several minutes required to tether it to a person to make it indefinite like I can. It's quite complex. I specialize in illusions."

"Your race specializes in illusions. However advanced you may be, you still seem... Ah. I will explain later, it ties into today's lecture."

She nods, standing up. All the other Chibeves move with her. "Now then." They clap, and the individual rooms seem to spin for a moment before they resolve into a larger room, with several chairs arranged facing one slightly larger one, Eve herself already sitting in it. Around the chairs, all the smaller Eves are kneeling on a set of pillows.

"I've had a chance to observe all of you. I'm not sure what I expected, bu this certainly isn't it."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: June 19, 2015, 12:42:10 am »

Madi smirks.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: June 19, 2015, 12:43:20 am »

Rosa is understandably upset.
"What the hell? This better not be permanent, or I'll...  well, I'll do something. Bloody omnipotent superteachers."
However, the muscle's already filling back out, although she doesn't appear to have noticed.
Larissa looks freaked out by the horribly atrophied arm.
Ugh... Why would I want to remember that?
thincake

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:38 am »

Cynthia smiles again. "It feels weird, knowing there's someone who knows your life story."
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: June 19, 2015, 12:48:43 am »

"Patterns are a Kitsune definition. Normally a onetail Inari can handle Adapt to Journyman Patterns, although they normally don't know many. Twotails usually have a number of Adapt Patterns, with a few Journyman Patterns mixed in. It requires a special kind of flexibility of the mind to handle any Master Pattern. Normally a Kitsune develops their first Master Pattern when they're a threetail. By specialize, I mean I specialize several times more so than most Inari."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: June 19, 2015, 12:54:27 am »

Fred does indeed go to the infirmary, wondering what waits in store.

((What is Derek's second period class again?))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:57:04 am by Pencil_Art »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: June 19, 2015, 01:05:28 am »

Cynthia smiles again. "It feels weird, knowing there's someone who knows your life story."
"I would find it reassuring, so they could not make unjust assumptions."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: June 19, 2015, 01:07:18 am »

"Weird, nonetheless."
Her fingers slip back into their normal position.
thincake

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: June 19, 2015, 01:13:23 am »

Fred feels weird. Looking down, he can see that his body is slowly starting to glow. What? Incandescent energy starts streaming out from him.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: June 19, 2015, 01:13:56 am »

"Patterns are a Kitsune definition. Normally a onetail Inari can handle Adapt to Journyman Patterns, although they normally don't know many. Twotails usually have a number of Adapt Patterns, with a few Journyman Patterns mixed in. It requires a special kind of flexibility of the mind to handle any Master Pattern. Normally a Kitsune develops their first Master Pattern when they're a threetail. By specialize, I mean I specialize several times more so than most Inari."

"In any case, it's nothing beyond that which would be expected of you in due time anyway. Better than most today, I will give you that. Still... lacking something."

Rosa is understandably upset.
"What the hell? This better not be permanent, or I'll...  well, I'll do something. Bloody omnipotent superteachers."
However, the muscle's already filling back out, although she doesn't appear to have noticed.
Larissa looks freaked out by the horribly atrophied arm.
Ugh... Why would I want to remember that?

"Hardly omnipotence. Merely an example of an application you hadn't considered yet."

After the rooms join

"I watched all of you. What you did, your methods, the way you handle yourselves. I will have to be honest... if you were applying to be my apprentices, I wouldn't take a single one of you. Every one of you... Lacked something. Creativity... passion... imagination... drive... or simply experience, all of you are missing something in your use of magic that, were you to be a professional mage, would be completely inexcusable. But. You are not my apprentices. You are my students. And as such, allowances will be made. Those of you that showed skill at the work of magic, but lacked the passion to go beyond that which your nature ascribes, will be taught to broaden your horizons. Those who lack the practical skills of magic, will be taught to harness it. Of course, for many of you, this will not be easy. I will do what I can to assist. Put in an honest effort, and by he end of your first semester... well. Perhaps we will make something impressive of all of you yet."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: June 19, 2015, 01:14:45 am »

"Weird, nonetheless."
Her fingers slip back into their normal position.
"Yeah, i guess. Hey, I think I have a book that might help on biology." Etber opens a portal to a pocket dimension, grabs something from inside, then closes it. He hands Cynthia a book labelled 'Humans and all their body parts: Advanced Edition for Expert Abominations' It has two fully naked people on the front, one male, one female. "Sorry if its a bit vulgar, chaos abominations dont really mind that sort of thing. It does have quite a bit on muscular functions however, in between the recipes, and mating processes."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:25 am »

David rolls his eyes.
"Oh look at miss bigshot over here, raising the dead and healing wounds isn't impressive at all. Let's see her get a god to give her powers like mines see how well she does."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: June 19, 2015, 01:20:05 am »

Fred grits his teeth. His form starts wavering as huge amounts of energy threaten to burst.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: June 19, 2015, 01:22:11 am »

David rolls his eyes.
"Oh look at miss bigshot over here, raising the dead and healing wounds isn't impressive at all. Let's see her get a god to give her powers like mines see how well she does."

"That's exactly your problem, David. Your power isn't yours. You borrow the power of another, using it to do what you cannot. You yourself are almost completely worthless. That is unacceptable."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: June 19, 2015, 01:26:08 am »

Madi is just staring at Eve.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1274