Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 653384 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #7680 on: June 18, 2015, 07:22:05 pm »

Magical Theory
"I am able to cease existing relative to everyone else. Renders me intangible and undetectable. Though judging by an earlier incident, either some can still see me, or the illusion cast on me has a backdoor of sorts. The effect can apply to what I hold. Causes drowsiness though. It is related to my physiology. I also involuntarily irradiate my surroundings with indiscriminate, homicidal hatred under certain circumstances. This is again related to my physiology and is even less useful."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: June 18, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »

"What is it a soul of?" Alice ask while looking for something in her Murder Fun Bag.

Akane Hiyashi takes her scythe and tabs the marble floor and soon after the marble floor starts corrodes at an alarming rate but stops after a perfect circle around Akane's feet is corroded.

"I assume you are schooled in such matters. You tell me."

"Interesting."

David quickly checks to see what made the body dead before fixing that with healing magic. If questioned he just says 'they hold together better this way'. Then he reaches into his robe and pulls out an M1911 before pointing it at the body and channeling the holy magic of his god through it. After that the body gets up and groans in a zombie like fashion.

It doesn't seem to have been killed by anything, just... dead.

"Inelegant, I suppose, and not by your own power, but... Acceptable."

"...thanks.
Now.. MOVE!"

She gestures to the storm clouds, which seem to move only slightly.
Corentine looks confused and continues to gesture at the clouds.

If Eve can sense magic, every time Corentine gestures, a pulse of energy occurs in that necklace she's wearing.

"Hmm... I wonder what you might be doing. Does it have to do with that necklace of yours?"

"Alright, what do you want me to smack up?"
The blood empties the hole and starts circling Madi.

"Whatever you think prudent."

[Trude]
Magic Theory and Basics (Magic 101)

"I have mostly heard of divine and Vættr blessings, and none of those make... this."
Trude raises her arms to point at the walls. Before putting them down again.

[Kumo]

Kumo opens both eyes, his right having been closed because of the blood in his face.
The teacher, she didn't like it?
Kumo bows.
"I-I'm sorry... sorry for m-making you worry, about... me.
I-it's nothing, that you sh-should worry, about.
"

"Words, runes, are just symbols, forms that stand for function. Put simply..."

She gestures, and the wedge-like Rune which symbolizes light appears in the air before her, before beginning to glow with a bright light, quickly transforming into what seems to be a ball of glowing energy bobbing in the air.

"If you know what you wish to do, you need only do it. In fact, language can, at times, be a barrier. In any case, this is a rather complex spell, but there's no outright rule that dictates that it cannot be formed of Runes, or that you cannot use runes to shape magic."

"Kumo, do not misunderstand me. I'm not worried, simply curious. Your mental state is important if you're to be controlling magic."

Magical Theory
"I am able to cease existing relative to everyone else. Renders me intangible and undetectable. Though judging by an earlier incident, either some can still see me, or the illusion cast on me has a backdoor of sorts. The effect can apply to what I hold. Causes drowsiness though. It is related to my physiology. I also involuntarily irradiate my surroundings with indiscriminate, homicidal hatred under certain circumstances. This is again related to my physiology and is even less useful."

"Interesting. It seems that though you posses spiritual traits, the majority of them are... well. Spiritual traits, not magical abilities. An important difference. Indeed, your abilities seem like almost more trouble than they are worth."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: June 18, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »

David crosses his arms and rolls his eyes. One that's paying attention that he's got perfect trigger discipline. Also, he's flicking Eve off.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: June 18, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

"Necklace.. No, of course not. I'm an ala. I do this stuff naturally.
I'm just not very good, I guess."
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: June 18, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »

Madi summons an ogre to fight. She quickly sends bolts of blood that pierce right through its body, and with each pass through, it increases in number and speed. As the beast tried to strike at her, her body glitches and suddenly she's on top of its head, sending a bolt through its skull.
"Anything else you need me to do?"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: June 18, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »

((Wait I GOT IT
MADI CONFIRMED FOR BAD VANELLOPE EXPY))
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: June 18, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »

((What...? Who?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: June 18, 2015, 07:39:40 pm »

Magical Theory
Releasing a sigh, though it sounded more like the symptoms of severe tinnitus, Plutarch nods curtly.
"Indeed. My physiology is optimized for stealth and survival rather than anything too useful for the modern world aside from violating privacy I suppose, quite unlike related beings (not that their capabilities are too useful nowadays either). I suspect it may be in part due to natural selection. A civilization where hatred of the deceased become vengeful spirits in their own right instead of all consolidating into something such as myself, would likely be destroyed as a result of their more destructive capabilities."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:16:04 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:22 pm »

[Trude]

"You can channel the power of the runes? I know them all, but... wow. I've never channeled them."

[Kumo]

"S-sorry for miss... understanding, y-you."
I'm alone with a teacher, and I'm messing up all over the place. I... I am such a failure.
Kumo's azure flames flicker and disappear.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: June 18, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

((V... Vanellope von Schweetz?))
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:46 pm »

"As a better clarification, do you want an output with the potential for leveling the room, or do you want something more controlled?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:37 pm »

((No idea. But after a Google search, I know why. Never seen Wreck It Ralph.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: June 18, 2015, 09:24:13 pm »

Releasing a sigh, though it sounded more like the symptoms of severe tinnitus, Plutarch nods curtly.
"Indeed. My physiology is optimized for stealth and survival rather than anything too useful for the modern world aside from violating privacy I suppose, quite unlike related beings (not that their capabilities are too useful nowadays either). I suspect it may be in part due to natural selection. A civilization where hatred of the deceased become vengeful spirits in their own right instead of all consolidating into something such as myself, would likely be destroyed as a result of their more destructive capabilities."

"Indeed. Now. you are a large mass of spirits, all of them so very angry, and thus, powerful. How can we use that?"

"As a better clarification, do you want an output with the potential for leveling the room, or do you want something more controlled?"

"Trust me, this room could put up a decent effort against me. It will be fine."

[Trude]

"You can channel the power of the runes? I know them all, but... wow. I've never channeled them."

[Kumo]

"S-sorry for miss... understanding, y-you."
I'm alone with a teacher, and I'm messing up all over the place. I... I am such a failure.
Kumo's azure flames flicker and disappear.

"You misunderstand. The runes have no power, of themselves. Runes are only... words. Their importance is not in the words themselves, but in their meaning. I could have just as easily conjured such a light with any language. The importance is in knowing what they mean, and imbuing them with the power to make that meaning a reality. This, I will teach you, if you will learn."

Chibeve hops down from her pedestal, walking up to him. She frowns, then reaches out and pokes him.

"Stop it. You're obviously thinking you've failed. What ever comes from that? You did a start, it's better than some of the others. You'll learn." She grins, a tiny pointed fang showing in her mouth. "Just give it a shot."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: June 18, 2015, 09:34:36 pm »

Madi summons an ogre to fight. She quickly sends bolts of blood that pierce right through its body, and with each pass through, it increases in number and speed. As the beast tried to strike at her, her body glitches and suddenly she's on top of its head, sending a bolt through its skull.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: June 18, 2015, 09:38:41 pm »

She looks... unimpressed, but not exactly disappointed.

"That will do. Unless, of course, there's more you wish to show me."
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1274