Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 652874 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #10035 on: June 25, 2015, 06:12:07 am »

"Not here to see either of them. Potential early signs of Kegare corrupting outer aura. Got abnormally escalated over something I normally would simply remember quietly until a convenient time to wreck the person's day."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:51 am »

"Didn't someone just get purified earlier today? At this rate I'm inclined to believe that some of the other students may just be leaking it. Okay, I'll see what I can do, though Miss Arayama is far more qualified on this side of affairs as you may imagine. Still, if there's enough to influence your thoughts, it should be detectable quite quickly."
Nothing is where it appears to be. No one sees anything. No one sees anything. They are just methods, called by unknowable objects beyond the subjective reality of all. At least, that was what was on Andrei's mind. He gestures forwards and between himself and his current patient, a pointer is created. A pointer towards their aura. It may appear to be a duplicate or representation of sorts, but whatever acts upon the pointer acts upon the object, and as the pointer designates the same object as the patient's own pointer, affecting one will affect the other. Now comes the tricky part. Finding the pointers to the subobjects. Still, not impossible, and years of practice has streamlined the process quite well. The pointer is replaced by a series of pointers, one to each relevant object within the initial object. One by one, the pointers vanish.
"I am effectively dissecting a representation of your aura. Removing each component of it one by one. If something remains after all the normal components are gone, then that should be a good indicator as towards its presence."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:14 am »

"It should be pretty easy to identify. Dissection isn't necessary but makes sense to do so. Just look for something that isn't purple and looks like a mess of colors. That's what linked foxfire starts looking like if the Inner Aura starts to go."

"And wait. Another student got purified today?"

You definitely notice several small areas of what was described in the Outer Aura. Mostly focused around the shoulder area and upper chest area oddly. You don't find anything in the inner Aura.

((Technically any Kegare will influence emotions, normally not severe enough to be noticeable until midstage. Kiri only noticed cause he got way more escalated than normal. It doesn't exactly influence thoughts. People manipulate themselves if they feel certain emotions.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: June 25, 2015, 06:46:47 am »

((Okay, though Andrei probably won't differentiate the two in his dialogue much due to his own world view and whatnot.))
"Indeed. I was not a part of the procedure, as it was undertaken by more qualified members of staff, so I do not know the name of the student in question. You have some of it near the chest and shoulder, nothing in the inner layer. It may be because one of the students who is a potential source of it, underwent a temporary phase of instability, though I do not believe that he is current emitting any, at least not anymore."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: June 25, 2015, 06:50:36 am »

"I would prefer it removed sooner rather than later. Inari are considerably more susceptible to it than normal people. The fallout is also normally considerably worse."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: June 25, 2015, 06:52:38 am »

"I cannot perform a formal purification. But yes, now that I have the pointers I can remove them. Would you rather I do so immediately? Or should I call on a monk to formalize the matter?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: June 25, 2015, 06:58:03 am »

"Would prefer a monk. You can't just remove it. It will grow back. There's a reason Kitsune can't self purify. The ritual is part of what stops it from reforming."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: June 25, 2015, 07:03:03 am »

"Figured as much. I'll go contact them."
Hey Boss, I need someone qualified to purify another kitsune.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: June 25, 2015, 07:31:41 am »

"Figured as much. I'll go contact them."
Hey Boss, I need someone qualified to purify another kitsune.

The monk had not yet left the infirmary. Assuming he was done with Kumo, he walked over to Andrei and Kiri.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: June 25, 2015, 07:32:10 am »

"Hoy."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: June 25, 2015, 07:37:58 am »

"Contamination in outer aura layer. Chest and shoulder region. I think having two incidents in such a short span of time is a coincident. But I shall need to check of course to ensure that an earlier affair did not discharge a potential contaminant into the Self-Defense room. Doubtful though, Pandora would've detected it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:18 am »

The monk nods, bows to the two of them, and gets to work, lighting the incense and such and praying to the gods for purification.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:58 am »

Kiri simply lets the Monk do his thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: June 25, 2015, 07:53:16 am »

Confused, Yuri just wanders off from the seemingly frozen trio in the corridor and wanders around instead.
twin now is your chance for tessa/yuri

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: June 25, 2015, 07:54:29 am »

Nina glances through the door. "Tessa's coming. If you have anything to hide, now's the time to do it."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1274