Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430727 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws
« Reply #7830 on: September 19, 2015, 04:06:32 pm »

dont blame yourself, blitz, it's only half your fault
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws
« Reply #7831 on: September 19, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

dont blame yourself, blitz, it's only half your fault
no, old man wilkers
the one responsible for this game's death...
it was you ALL ALONG
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: September 19, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »

just because i posted my idea for an rp doesn't mean i killed the thread
Black lives matter.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: September 19, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »

I blame the vacation time skip.
We just didn't have anything to go off.

Before the vacation, there was plenty of stuff, but in the vacation, it started to die off.

You need to establish the characters and setting first, then do the vacation.
Sure, it may be slow, but it's either that or it'll die.

Did you ever do a vacation on Twilight Academy?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: September 19, 2015, 05:25:27 pm »

I have no idea what to do with this now, by the way. I would do classes, but I am awful at them. I have ideas for possible plot development, but have no idea how to kick it off or balance it so the not-super powerful people could participate.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: September 19, 2015, 05:29:04 pm »

obviously, the only answer is to kickstart the 'Tessa is Cthulhu on steroids' plot
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: September 19, 2015, 05:29:17 pm »

I have no idea what to do with this now, by the way. I would do classes, but I am awful at them. I have ideas for possible plot development, but have no idea how to kick it off or balance it so the not-super powerful people could participate.
Yeah, you did get some things right though.
The principal being as powerful as he is, no matter how hindering he is to plots, it's almost mandatory in order to do it with other players who might powergame.

But yeah, you can only really teach things which are established, and letting the players mess with it just makes it even more complicated.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: September 19, 2015, 05:37:17 pm »

That's why I made the Principal so overpowered: If he was weak enough that a powerful student could beat him, he would have basically no authority.

obviously, the only answer is to kickstart the 'Tessa is Cthulhu on steroids' plot
The plot I had in mind was related to Tessa. I've actually gotten an idea on how to start it, but the "making sure everyone could participate" was the problem...

Hm... I've now got a couple more ideas. I will ponder.

While I do that, does anyone have any ideas on how to improve the game?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: September 19, 2015, 05:38:54 pm »

Games like this struggle over the long term because the players choose short term gratifications over long term character planning, and this happens every single time.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: September 19, 2015, 06:00:15 pm »

But short term gratification is always better than long term character planning, because it's faster. God, Smurf, it's so simple.
Black lives matter.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:49 pm »

I could make Jason weaker so he will only have flight and demon fire
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: September 19, 2015, 08:13:17 pm »

That has nothing to do with anything that was said...?
Sigtext!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: September 19, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

That has nothing to do with anything that was said...?
"making sure everyone could participate" Isent Jason a little to powerful to join in?
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: September 19, 2015, 08:17:42 pm »

The issue was that the larger part of the characters weren't powerful enough. And that included Jason. But I already said I thought of a different way to do it where that's not a problem.
Sigtext!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: September 19, 2015, 08:23:47 pm »

The issue was that the larger part of the characters weren't powerful enough. And that included Jason. But I already said I thought of a different way to do it where that's not a problem.
Explain the way plz :)
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 534