Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 431001 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

For a more defined reason as to why the Godzilla thing is a nope: The Principal is obscenely powerful. He could snap his fingers and Godzilla would find itself hovering somewhere around Proxima Centauri.
what if i told you
that godzilla is also obscenely powerful
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

For a more defined reason as to why the Godzilla thing is a nope: The Principal is obscenely powerful. He could snap his fingers and Godzilla would find itself hovering somewhere around Proxima Centauri.
what if i told you
Godzilla can be teleported, it's canon. Though sending him to space might just make him into Space Godzilla.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Also, I will probably allow player-run plots... if they are PMed to me first, so I can check it for stupidity, power trip, or being big to the point the Principal would decide it was worth intervention.

what if i told you
As a general rule, the answer to "Who is more powerful, the Principal or X" the answer is usually the Principal.

Also, he's just big and tough. Doesn't mean he has resistance to magic.

what if i told you
Godzilla can be teleported, it's canon. Though sending him to space might just make him into Space Godzilla.
Proxima Centauri is a star. You don't survive being in close proximity to a star.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Also, I will probably allow player-run plots... if they are PMed to me first, so I can check it for stupidity, power trip, or being big to the point the Principal would decide it was worth intervention.

what if i told you
As a general rule, the answer to "Who is more powerful, the Principal or X" the answer is usually the Principal.

Also, he's just big and tough. Doesn't mean he has resistance to magic.

what if i told you
Proxima Centauri is a star. You don't survive being in close proximity to a star.
Space Godzilla grew up in a black hole, and then left it. Because Japan needed to be destroyed yet another time.

Eh, I'm not good with plots.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

The problem with plots is that there's no actual inherent risk; the Principal will always be able to intervene the instant the situation turns for the worse. Where's the fun in that?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

The problem with plots is that there's no actual inherent risk; the Principal will always be able to intervene the instant the situation turns for the worse. Where's the fun in that?
IKR, that's why I don't like OP characters. Every plot will be shortened exponentially without no real action or any character development, lol. The Principal would just intervene in anything. An OP character like him should no intervene at all, just like Rosario+Vampire's principal. ((Please don't beat me to death with this example. lol))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They could feasibly happen if something big was going on somewhere else that needed his full attention, or take place somewhere he wouldn't be able to easily reach them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

It's a school, not a meat grinder.
If we make it so plots can lead to death, it can also lead to people making mary sues with the sole purpose to kill all the other characters.

Edit: Then again, the fact that broken bones can be healed in an instant kinda removes all the risk of getting hurt.
Seriously, if you get stabbed in the arm, that will most likely weaken that arm for the rest of your life.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:30:36 am by Happy Demon »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

It's a school, not a meat grinder.
If we make it so plots can lead to death, it can also lead to people making mary sues with the sole purpose to kill all the other characters.
I wouldn't make the plotlines to fight eachother as an RP PVP, but working together to combat outside threats to the school. Using their talents, skills, thinking, etc to fight the threats.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Personally, I think it'd be interesting if the problem was a thing that simply could not be fought, possibly because of the masquerade or somesuch, and so the characters would have to figure out another way to 'solve' the problem, be it by convincing/bribing(if it's a person) or doing everything short of actual combat to prevent it(if it's an event of some sort). You know, force the characters to put their thinking caps on or something.
The problem being, of course, the Principal but it's probably not impossible to make it so he can't involve himself.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or if it's not some actual threat to their health, in which case he probably has better things to do.
Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Or if it's not some actual threat to their health, in which case he probably has better things to do.
Or that, yes.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Or, of course, Rosa and Torimus' sojourn in Scum Central.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Of course, we run the risk, if we were to throw Godzilla into a star, of Godzilla coming back, on fire, and pissed. :P

Should totes make Jana think someone will steal Yuri away from her though. Watch the yandere ensue.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile

If Godzilla attacks cant Jana and ethon handle him/her
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 534