Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432883 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

There's also the explanation that Magic is a phenomenon that is defined by being something that shouldn't exist, so she might just be emanating some sort of field that enforces reality.

Hell, that might be the actual source of their Edges Boons and their rituals just shape it into specific things :P
Sabrina is Edgelord Supreme, accept no substitutes
I suppose. Primarily because unlike you people I don't put all that much thought into crap; I just do it and hope it works. :P

Oh and something ripped off from one of my own setting: self replicating spells. Sort of like how viruses and prions are just masses of chemicals that happen to hijack cells, forcing them to create more of them and thus proliferating them. Except in this case, it's a spell. She continuously emits spells that hijack whatever the hell people cast magic using, forcing them to continuously cast copies of themselves, thus rendering them unable to cast anything else.
Except she can't even use magic, unconsciously or not.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Then how does Celia's antimagic work?
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the opposite way; if Sabrina's is a dampener, Celia's overloads magic circuits or something.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, I forgot she's unable to be contacted with telepathy. Gonna hafta retcon that.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She doesn't need to be. Those magical viruses just need to have infested her for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:16:01 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She doesn't need to be. Those magical viruses just need to have infested her for whatever reason.
It's also an inherited trait.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would postulate that the infection could be bloodborne and thus explain why her blood is toxic, but by that point it'd amount to an STI :P

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

The original infection could have been mutagenic, permanently making that bloodline good at killing monsters. It might have been an intentional infection.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would postulate that the infection could be bloodborne and thus explain why her blood is toxic, but by that point it'd amount to an STI :P
To vampires and other bloodsuckers, very toxic.

To everything else, unless you're made of magic, it's totally fine.
The original infection could have been mutagenic, permanently making that bloodline good at killing monsters. It might have been an intentional infection.
Possibly.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And then Sabrina became the protagonist of Bloodborne :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I now need to give her a whip sword or something :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait. It actually would be possible for the effect to be of some sort of magical nature if it's produced by some sort of parasite/symbiote/virus/etc, or her very cells so long as she herself is unable to actually direct it in any meaningful manner.

I now need to give her a whip sword or something :P
It's more of a pimpcane.

There are also two lance-like weapons. The saw-spear, and the rifle spear.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

I read up about the world's most effective symbiotic relationship between cats and Toxoplasma today.

Toxoplasma is a pathogen that lives inside cats, usually emitted in their excrement. The pathogen then screws with the brain chemistry of any warm-blooded animal unlucky enough to catch it, making them attracted to felines. The cat then usually eats the unlucky rodents with the disease, completing the cycle.

Up to half of the world's human population is estimated to carry a Toxoplasma infection. The only reason we tolerate cats is because our brains are compromised.

Dimitri's gunblade is practically a Blazefire Saber. Those things are freaking nice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:33:50 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cue the Weiss bloodline possessing something like that, only causing magic-disablement near members of the family instead*

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Well, only if they use a litterbox. :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 534