Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432805 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Didn't say it was safe. Just said that about six-seven times out of ten, Monster Hunters tend to win. It's why Monsters don't rule the world right now. Probably. :P
Are you sure? Or it is because we have Deity-like people, "the Principal" that prevent them from doing so, in addition monsters tend to have low birth rates due to their longevity while humans multiple like rabbits just sending in numbers. And I would bet a large amount of this world is secretly control by the supernatural. Monster Hunters are probably a dying breed due to the Mixing of Supernatural races and humans.
I'd say the monster hunters are winning, if anything. The masquerade makes the monsters far more vulnerable, as they can't turn themselves in.
The requirement of hiding makes it hard to tell absence from kidnapping, or assassination.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Didn't say it was safe. Just said that about six-seven times out of ten, Monster Hunters tend to win. It's why Monsters don't rule the world right now. Probably. :P
Are you sure? Or it is because we have Deity-like people, "the Principal" that prevent them from doing so, in addition monsters tend to have low birth rates due to their longevity while humans multiple like rabbits just sending in numbers. And I would bet a large amount of this world is secretly control by the supernatural. Monster Hunters are probably a dying breed due to the Mixing of Supernatural races and humans.
-The Principal is not omniscient, nor is he capable of doing so. Twin said as much, otherwise the Masquerade would be moot.
-The likes of the Order of Saint George say otherwise about the Supernatural Illuminati.
-Unlike supernaturals, Monster Hunters can refresh their boons with magical rituals.
-Also unlike supernaturals, they have access to monster slaying weapons. Y'know, like Balmung.
-What Happy Demon said. A monster hunter can easily strike against a monster. Monsters can't risk the same.

If anything, if people keep breaching the masquerade, there will likely be more monster hunters because people are just dicks.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

I wonder how many graduates are still alive, since once they leave, they're prime targets for monster hunters.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder how many graduates are still alive, since once they leave, they're prime targets for monster hunters.
Probably higher than if they hadn't attended, all things considered. For one, you have the ones like Wiles and Yuri, supernaturals with no clear weakness and adaptation to modern life. They're the ones who the monster hunters will likely have to explain killing and risk being arrested by normal human police for killing or attempting to kill- that is if they don't themselves die in the attempt. Genre savviness, yo.

For two, you have training to fit into the masquerade here. The more snugly you fit, the less likely you are to get spotted and die.

For three, there's always retreating straight into a purely supernatural community, where monster hunters stick out like a sore thumb.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:50:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

-The Principal is not omniscient, nor is he capable of doing so. Twin said as much, otherwise the Masquerade would be moot.
-The likes of the Order of Saint George say otherwise about the Supernatural Illuminati.
-Unlike supernaturals, Monster Hunters can refresh their boons with magical rituals.
-Also unlike supernaturals, they have access to monster slaying weapons. Y'know, like Balmung.
-What Happy Demon said. A monster hunter can easily strike against a monster. Monsters can't risk the same.

If anything, if people keep breaching the masquerade, there will likely be more monster hunters because people are just dicks.
Never said he was omniscient only deity-like meaning he shares some of their qualites, second what is the Order of Saint George?  Third what is stopping Monster from using magical rituals to benefit themselves? I agree that weapons give some strength, but what is preventing Monster making weapons or magical artifacts that help kill monster hunter and such? Also monsters can easily strike humans down if they don't care for the Masquerade, not all of them live on earth so they have little to no need for it.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

What's stopping the monsters from making weapons to kill humans (monster hunters are human)?
The humans.

If monsters were allowed to make anti-human weaponry, who would control the monsters?
I'd think the monsters would be banned from making anti-monster-hunter weapons, because the line between a monster hunter and an empowered human is a thin one indeed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Principal can't stop all the monster hunters in the whole world.
The Order of Saint George is a huge organisation of monster hunters who hunt down dragons. They are also basically the Illuminati IIRC.
Antimagic. Monster hunters tend to like that. Supernaturals can't use it all that much due to, well, it being fucking kryptonite to ninety percent of the population of monsters.
Yes, there are weapons that can kill monster hunters. They're called guns. Which monster hunters also use. And likely have protection against. Also, you'd have to distinguish between monster hunters and those humans with anti-magic or similar magical enchantments who are on your side.
If they don't care for the masquerade, which gets them targeted by monster hunters and very quickly lynched.

Not all of them live on Earth, true, but why would the elves of Midgar matter? As long as they're not here, they don't matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

They're really just XCOM, but if XCOM covertly fought dragons instead of aliens. And they don't get lasers and shit either.
Black lives matter.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Order of Saint George is a huge organisation of monster hunters who hunt down dragons. They are also basically the Illuminati IIRC.
Antimagic. Monster hunters tend to like that. Supernaturals can't use it all that much due to, well, it being fucking kryptonite to ninety percent of the population of monsters.
Yes, there are weapons that can kill monster hunters. They're called guns. Which monster hunters also use. And likely have protection against. Also, you'd have to distinguish between monster hunters and those humans with anti-magic or similar magical enchantments who are on your side.
If they don't care for the masquerade, which gets them targeted by monster hunters and very quickly lynched.

Not all of them live on Earth, true, but why would the elves of Midgar matter? As long as they're not here, they don't matter.
-Again Elf you are not reading what I typed properly, I never said he ever fight against Monster Hunter I merely stated that he prevents Monsters from killing humans.
-Antimagic is a high level type of magic, not many tend to have abundantly. And it is not 100% effective it can be overcome with Extremely powerful Magics.
-Guns are not the only things that can kill them, poisons, diseases, explosives, sharp point objects.. etc. Not all monsters are wild beasts, a large amount actually have Intelligence to use more than their innate abilities. Like Eve how she criticized the magic students for only relying on their supernatural magic abilities, she is a good example.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

-Again Elf you are not reading what I typed properly, I never said he ever fight against Monster Hunter I merely stated that he prevents Monsters from killing humans.
-Antimagic is a high level type of magic, not many tend to have abundantly. And it is not 100% effective it can be overcome with Extremely powerful Magics.
-Guns are not the only things that can kill them, poisons, diseases, explosives, sharp point objects.. etc. Not all monsters are wild beasts, a large amount actually have Intelligence to use more than their innate abilities. Like Eve how she criticized the magic students for only relying on their supernatural magic abilities, she is a good example.

Um, no. Antimagic isn't magic, it's not even a form of magic, it's antimagic.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, then even more reason for the monster hunters to be winning. They don't have a restriction.
Antimagic is....the opposite of magic.
Also true, but most monsters also tend to have inherent weaknesses to stuff like silver, salt, running water, cold iron, holy water, fire and so on and so forth. The likes of, again, Wiles, Yuri and the Kitsune are the exception to having no weaknesses or as much weaknesses as a normal human rather than the rule. And unlike poisons, diseases, explosives and sharp objects, those weaknesses could be picked up by a kid doing a grocery run- certainly no problem for a typical monster hunter to pick up some.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Well, then even more reason for the monster hunters to be winning. They don't have a restriction.
Antimagic is....the opposite of magic.
Also true, but most monsters also tend to have inherent weaknesses to stuff like silver, salt, running water, cold iron, holy water, fire and so on and so forth. The likes of, again, Wiles, Yuri and the Kitsune are the exception to having no weaknesses or as much weaknesses as a normal human rather than the rule. And unlike poisons, diseases, explosives and sharp objects, those weaknesses could be picked up by a kid doing a grocery run- certainly no problem for a typical monster hunter to pick up some.
Well, I'd say the cold iron would be the hardest to acquire, as it's not just iron.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, but no object to a determined monster hunter who hates the Fae. Or Scandinavian-folklore elves.

Hell, Vampires are most at risk, because they are almost literally surrounded by Kryptonite. :P

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, no. Antimagic isn't magic, it's not even a form of magic, it's antimagic.
Sorry I meant to put high level ability not magic, not everyone can use it was the point I was trying to get across.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

True, but no object to a determined monster hunter who hates the Fae. Or Scandinavian-folklore elves.

Hell, Vampires are most at risk, because they are almost literally surrounded by Kryptonite. :P
Well, it's certainly obtainable if you make it, it's just a different way of forging (no melting), it still only needs iron.

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 534