Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433750 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

If he doesn't know what something is supposed to do to his body, it can't affect him. That's the impression I get, at least.
So the solution is to act like an anime villain and explain your powers in a grandiose manner?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

If he doesn't know what something is supposed to do to his body, it can't affect him. That's the impression I get, at least.
So the solution is to act like an anime villain and explain your powers in a grandiose manner?
Exactly.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Kiri most certainly had a way to get John into the room. As well as repeatedly bash. Based on how John Caught cold foxfire tossed by Kiri earlier, he's physically affected by foxfire. Not to mention lightning is still lightning. Even if generated by foxfire. Same goes for fire and heat. Both burn. John isn't immune to very much.
That doesn't mean it can actually harm him. It may have all those properties but he does not recognize it therefore it cannot harm him. It's basically weaponized solipsism.

Exactly.
May not work, John was stated to be assuming it was a bluff already.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

You are a fucking genius Xan.
Also Kiri most certainly had a way to get John into the room. As well as repeatedly bash. Based on how John Caught cold foxfire tossed by Kiri earlier, he's physically affected by foxfire. Not to mention lightning is still lightning. Even if generated by foxfire. Same goes for fire and heat. Both burn. John isn't immune to very much.
That doesn't mean it can actually harm him. It may have all those properties but he does not recognize it therefore it cannot harm him. It's basically weaponized solipsism.

Exactly.
But he still 'knows' what it's supposed to do, no?
Because otherwise it's basically 'I don't believe it so it can't hurt me'.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exactly.
"YOU FOOL DONT YOU KNOW I AM OMNIPOTENT"

More seriously, it's a shame John isn't mentally retarded or something, he'd be invulerable to pretty much anything.
Sig! Onol

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exactly.
Wrong. He gets hit by lightning, he gets zapped by it. He doesn't need to see it. Same reason he can get shot by a bullet without seeing the bullet. Bullet still damages him.

Also you're the infirmary person right? Kiri is waiting for whomever is the infirmary person. He went to the infirmary for reasons.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

So he's simultaneously the hardest and the easiest to beat.

Just tell him mistletoe is a deadly contact poison and stab him with it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just tell him mistletoe is a deadly contact poison and stab him with it.
It's funny because Norse myths.

Except it's not really funny.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But he still 'knows' what it's supposed to do, no?
Because otherwise it's basically 'I don't believe it so it can't hurt me'.
Judging by what's happening, no he doesn't seem to. Not too surprised considering that, kitsune are better known as tricksters and illusionists than entities that cast highly destructive spells. Reading on them might have just made it even harder to affect him if he becomes inclined to assume that everything is an illusion.

Wrong. He gets hit by lightning, he gets zapped by it. He doesn't need to see it. Same reason he can get shot by a bullet without seeing the bullet. Bullet still damages him.

Also you're the infirmary person right? Kiri is waiting for whomever is the infirmary person. He went to the infirmary for reasons.
He can hear a bullet. He may even be able to detect it, not too sure how much his weapon detection covers.

I'll search up your post and get to it then.

Possibly, yes. Because Andrei might be incapable of healing him at all, due to his equipment and personal abilities acting instantly on their target without anything to hint at what it does.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:05:55 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In theory, Yuri could convince him, after he drinks some tea, that Yuri's tea is poisonous. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In theory, Yuri could convince him, after he drinks some tea, that Yuri's tea is poisonous. :P
Considering the current situation, good luck with that. He doesn't seem to believe much, not to mention that his ability is unknown to even himself.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think John's player needs to give a multiple paragraphs long description of everything he recognizes or does not recognize. As well as how it specifically works. Otherwise he can just asspull.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sure with some convoluted acting and deft use of his spirit abilities Yuri could do that. Including the aforementioned 'shucking of physical bodies' available to most spirits.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

So bleeding him dry still works.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also there's the issue of attacks that target John's spirit/soul and not his body. An example would be some Foxfire Patterns.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 534