Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433499 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Because HE WILL BE
...no. Bad Elf. Bad.
*sprays water at Elf*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Then he should stop perving over tough girls. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Then he should stop perving over tough girls. :P
Then you should stop mentioning them.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

This one was your fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
Just think of Sully, mate.
Ah, but I beg to differ.
I would have never known about Sully if you hadn't mentioned her in DBB, after all.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still. This was all you.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Still. This was all you.
You indirectly caused it by telling me about it, and I refuse to believe anything else.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still. This was all you.
You indirectly caused it by telling me about it, and I refuse to believe anything else.
nah.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Still. This was all you.
nah.
ye
is all your fault
*puts hands over ears*
NANANANANICANTHEARYOU

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still. This was all you.
Yes and Elf only found out because SB would have reacted to it earlier. Thus by that logic it's SB's fault for revealing it to Elf who revealed it to you :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I'd assume that the number of transferring people would be pretty tiny.

Also there's always the potential of the next universe not sustaining the laws allowing some people to exist from last iteration. I'd assume that eventually the mechanics change too much and certain types just stop working within the confines of the new existence.
Why would the transfer population be tiny? What's the reasoning behind that? Sure some of the population will be sick of life, but I'd presume that as reproduction continues on, there'd be plenty of ones that haven't lived for that long.

Also, chances are the, the universal constants alone would have so much room to differ that nothing will survive any transition.

Or the Kitsune need to adapt to the new universe somehow.

Such as through merging with newverse souls. Odds are is eventually a universe would show up that prevents that from happening.
How? Merging with the new souls requires their stuff to work. But they won't need to unless their stuff doesn't work anymore. And they'd be all dead before they can as a result.
The transfer population would likely be tiny due to the sheer power requirement for even attempting to transfer. I doubt a minor deity could manage it. Ninetail+ Kitsune could probably manage, but at that point they're deific in power, although the powerdrain would be severe enough to put them in the same boat as transferred deities. Principle could definitely manage it, no idea how his energy functions. Eldritch creatures that spawned from The Void could manage it at any power level due to not technically existing. Major deities could probably manage it, but they'd be in the same boat as new deities in the new universe, lack of followers to fuel themselves. Probably similarly powered creatures could manage it.

As for why they would merge with newverse souls, I would assume mechanical deviations aren't so severe as to disable transfers from the prior verse, but may disable transfers from multiple iterations prior. Merging would align them with the most recent iteration and make it safer for offspring transferring to the next verse at the end of the newverse.

This debate is fun by the way. Giving me ideas for a game once I finish Unraveling.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This debate is fun by the way. Giving me ideas for a game once I finish Unraveling.
Well, then let's continue.

Issue I see is that, there is no guarantee that the reset will result in laws and constants that are remotely similar to the current one. Actually, one cyclic universe model if I recall correctly involves two 4D branes colliding in a 5D negative-pressure false-vacuum with collision and repulsion determined by energy quantity. Which means that either by the time a transition is about to occur, there won't be enough energy to do anything. Or, there is the chance that having the enormous amount of energy required may actually prevent one from occurring which means that the universe will just remain dead and empty.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

You mean 6D, but whatever.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Correct. There is no guarantee that it would actually succeed.

Although insetting, based on how multiple characters are from different dimensions, there are likely ways to transfer over, provided they can handle the insanity caused by ending up in the Far Realm or wherever the crap, even if newverse turns out to be a deadverse.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 534