Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433184 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Also KJ seems to have taken the 'actually describe your attacks' thing somewhat to heart. Good job, KJ.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

ROUNDHOUSE KICKS
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's actually possible to get quite a lot of detail about a melee attack if you have enough time to type it all up. For example:

"Arms in triangular formation, one in front of the other with hands on the centerline (imagine a line going down your body, bisecting it, basically that). Feet below shoulders, forwards and nearly parallel, though slightly angled so that if lines were projected from them, they would intersect near where the opponent is. Head up, shoulders back, body straight up and chest slightly up. Hips forward slightly, and backside slightly tensed.

When in range, perform low-heel kick aided at shins. Swing foot up in an arc, emphasizing speed to bringing heel at target. Stomp downwards and use to quickly move forwards, bringing other leg back into position when position. Intercept incoming punch or guarding arm with horizontal parry (somewhere between a slap and a palm strike), simultaneously, use other arm to deliver a straight punch along centerline. Aim forwards, likely will head towards some part of the body vertically located between the head and chest. No tensing, no drawing back the arm. Shoulder and elbow kept loose, forward motion only to maximize velocity, tense up only at impact and immediately retract when the punch stops. Body posture is used as a shock absorber to absorb reaction force. Punch is prioritized over the parry as if it impacts, it will rob the opponent's attack of strength. Parry should guide incoming punch away, and immediately cycle back into the centerline behind bunching arm. Ideally, punch and parry should coincide with stomp. If successful, perform a straight centerline punch using parrying arm whilst other arm is cycling back. Perform a series of 3-4 punches as in quick succession.
"

Assuming I didn't fuck up the description, the above should specify a beginner-level non-committal attack against someone in a certain side-on stance.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:36:26 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

A bit sparse flair wise, and probably actually pretty overkill, but yeah Emp that is more than acceptable.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

I would greet that with a take down and an arm bar... But I love it .
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

kick the guy in the face
that's real combat right there
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I would greet that with a take down and an arm bar... But I love it .

Yeah, detail-wise, it's awesome :3

kick the guy in the face
that's real combat right there

Technically, but it's hard to understand exactly what you're doing in order to write a good response with just that.

Is it a kick from the side? Axe-kick? Toe kick under the chin?

How fast is the kick moving, how much force is behind it (important if they go for a block), etc.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Side kick, intended to reach the apex of its arc just before impact and hit the opponent right in the neck with the front of your ankle. I don't know much terminology, and the little I do is in Thai and I can't spell it.
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Side kick, intended to reach the apex of its arc just before impact and hit the opponent right in the neck with the front of your ankle. I don't know much terminology, and the little I do is in Thai and I can't spell it.

Dat's cool.

Honestly that's enough information, though speed and force are still important for defensive maneuvers. Too fast, they can't dodge properly, and may not even be able to block. Too forceful, and they can't block it without taking damage anyway.

Though

With you the answer to 'is it forceful enough for defense not really matter' is 'yes', but speed is still a thing. :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sleepy Time, I shall continue combat tests in the morn.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Goodnight.
thincake

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Jesus freaking christ guys:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

NOW YOU KNOW MY PAIN
Seriously, yesterday alone I was posting something only to be Ninja'd by 15 replies so hard that the post was basically irrelevant.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

rip
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 534