Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432730 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

when did my megic kids turn into this
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

when did my megic kids turn into this
weapon fuckery? in MY eclipse heights?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Ok, not so easy. First, a video of spear fighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUJ-IMknsN0

Anyway, daggers shouldn't be your primary weapon, it's a secondary and always has been.
You use your sword to block, then get closer, and use your dagger. Now the opponent have to worry about your dagger while his sword has been stopped by your sword.
But it doesn't always work out.

Also, if you have a spear and a dagger, then when your opponent closes distance, you can do so too, and end up being able to use your dagger in a range your opponent can't use his sword.

Basically, it's not that simple, it's a fight, and in a fight, a novice can beat a master. You just don't know everything.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...of course, this gets all thrown out the window when one guy's a dragon and the other guy's an embodiment of kill everything.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Eh, not necissarily kill. Possess everything works too. It the one that isn't allowed on the forum, though that isn't really his thing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

...of course, this gets all thrown out the window when one guy's a dragon and the other guy's an embodiment of kill everything.
Of course.
But there are like 4 sword-wielders and one gun-wielder (and some chick, who lugs an empty gun around in her murder fun bag) on campus...
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

weapon fuckery? in MY eclipse heights?
It's more common than you'd think.
Also, yeah. There's that. Scales > puny metal toothpicks.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course.
But there are like 4 sword-wielders and one gun-wielder (and some chick, who lugs an empty gun around in her murder fun bag) on campus...
And most of them except one are either mages or supernatural creatures. And that's five, counting the presdigitating trap who ripped off Fantasia. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except Matt, and Milenko, who are probably going to be the first casualties. :P
Dejavu has been gone a while, though.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody cares about Matt. :P

Milenko's probably going to die from a heart attack when he realises the 'girl' he's been drawing and making jokes about Torimus with is actually a guy. :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I don't know.
Larissa is the easiest to kill provided she isn't angry.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but wouldn't trying to kill Larissa kinda MAKE her angry?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Scared, yes.
Angry, maybe.
Rosa would be absolutely livid, and besides, she hasn't been attacked by someone other than Trude yet :P
thincake

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Close quarter combat weapons aren't completely useless. Just look at the Battle of Stalingrad, with the sharpened shovels.
Though firearms are generally better, no doubt about that. An uzi could do great damage in close quarters, there's just the problem of ammo.

The biggest problem with guns is that they use ammo, so you'll last as long as your ammo does.
If you ever end up with logistical problems, knowing how to use a melee weapon is the best thing you can hope for.
Well, except knowing how to make the supplies, and maybe some other things.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

So, while this debate is great and all, you do realise I was joking around with the knives thing, right...?
Objectively, the best weapon is a button which launches an enormous bomb at wherever your opponent is located, or something similar, while there's no one around and you're a hundred miles away or so.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 534