Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 431805 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Speaking of Rag torturing us all with ~~MAGIC~~ Finals, how do I go about getting Milenko enrolled in some classes?

Periods are in one of the OPs.

Pick one for each period and just say that's your schedule.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

Easy as that? Alright, going with Species Studies, Supernatural Communities and Self Defense.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

also bwahaha you think those are finals.

Nah

They're going to be handed out on the first day of class.

Torture though?

Yes.

Eve does not believe in mediocrity.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in other words, complex powerful spells are practically impossible since Sorcery can't keep up with the variables, and Magecraft would probably misplace a pointer somewhere and memory leak itself into oblivion.
no, they can. They just take a LONG time to develop since generally the only safe way to do so is to test each independent subroutine for compliance before attempting the final spell.
So once a spell has been created, it can be perfectly replicated for subsequent castings? Because otherwise, there could be errors in trying to recast every single subcomponent.

So what the hell IS magic precisely? Does all magic just boil down to an arrangement of <insert generic fantasy term here> that can thus have transformations applied to its structure to change its effect thereby facilitating the usage of the UNIX philosophy? Or is it more just a catch-all term for various reality distortions?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

So in other words, complex powerful spells are practically impossible since Sorcery can't keep up with the variables, and Magecraft would probably misplace a pointer somewhere and memory leak itself into oblivion.
no, they can. They just take a LONG time to develop since generally the only safe way to do so is to test each independent subroutine for compliance before attempting the final spell.
So once a spell has been created, it can be perfectly replicated for subsequent castings? Because otherwise, there could be errors in trying to recast every single subcomponent.

So what the hell IS magic precisely? Does all magic just boil down to an arrangement of <insert generic fantasy term here> that can thus have transformations applied to its structure to change its effect thereby facilitating the usage of the UNIX philosophy? Or is it more just a catch-all term for various reality distortions?

At least the way I use it?

Magic is the manipulation of energy to manifest change in the world.

What you call that energy, as well as how that energy behaves, can vary depending on the user, but it's still just energy.

So, closer to the first one.

Of course, some people might use the second one, and I'm not the gm anyway.

First is easier to write for, though.

As for repeatability, it can if you make the framework properly. That's why spell circles and other such tools exist, rituals, incantations. All to help someone form the basic framework of a spell before actually releasing the energy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:55:35 am by ragnarok97071 »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

Thank God Milenko's not in Magic Theory, hes too laid back for that shit.

Also he has not inherent magical abilities and Qurtiz works really fucking weirdly.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

But we cannot forget that Kitsune are deadly afraid of dogs.
I mean, seriously, if you're gonna be a character from folklore you need to have all the ridiculous weaknesses too.
Actually, I'm doing the ridiculous foxball weakness for Kiri. I'm not gonna elaborate on what it is. You need to do your own darn research~

Or have an ability like Eve's that lets you detect the composition and any flaws within a spell as you cast it, which at least for ones own spells is something that dedicated mages generally figure out pretty fast, though the act of putting together spells still takes time, even with something like that.

But yes.

Powerful and complex spells are very rare outside of rediculously powerful spellcasters.

also, Re:Kevak Oh. So they're actually sorcerers, just that generally they don't bother learning more than what comes natural because what comes natural is pretty damn good.

My god I know what your end-of-semester project is going to be >:3
Pretty much. Inari tend to branch into orderly magic at tail4, cause that's when they can actively make foxrunes for themselves. Yakko tend to branch into the realm of mindfuckery auras and vaguely eldritch stuff at tail4. Basically more chaotic for Yakko and more Order for Inari. At tail 7 Yakko get Foxrunes and Inari get mindfuckery auras.

Whacha think the end of semester project'll be~?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I know about the ball, man. Not that dumb.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So doesn't that mean that Magecraft is closer to shell scripting than coding an actual program then?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kiri is quite willing to gut anyone who touches that~ Dun touch if you can't keep~

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

But we cannot forget that Kitsune are deadly afraid of dogs.
I mean, seriously, if you're gonna be a character from folklore you need to have all the ridiculous weaknesses too.
Actually, I'm doing the ridiculous foxball weakness for Kiri. I'm not gonna elaborate on what it is. You need to do your own darn research~

Or have an ability like Eve's that lets you detect the composition and any flaws within a spell as you cast it, which at least for ones own spells is something that dedicated mages generally figure out pretty fast, though the act of putting together spells still takes time, even with something like that.

But yes.

Powerful and complex spells are very rare outside of rediculously powerful spellcasters.

also, Re:Kevak Oh. So they're actually sorcerers, just that generally they don't bother learning more than what comes natural because what comes natural is pretty damn good.

My god I know what your end-of-semester project is going to be >:3
Pretty much. Inari tend to branch into orderly magic at tail4, cause that's when they can actively make foxrunes for themselves. Yakko tend to branch into the realm of mindfuckery auras and vaguely eldritch stuff at tail4. Basically more chaotic for Yakko and more Order for Inari. At tail 7 Yakko get Foxrunes and Inari get mindfuckery auras.

Whacha think the end of semester project'll be~?

Well, your one for magic class is pretty much set at this point.

I'd say you'll find out on class day but screw it.

Basically, abusing sorcery for fun and profit.

So doesn't that mean that Magecraft is closer to shell scripting than coding an actual program then?

Depends on the usage.

Personally, I think it's like designing a program, but if you fuck up one line instead of crashing your computer it turns you into snazzy new paint on the walls. You design a precise series of steps to achieve a particular goal and then execute it. AFAIK, that's programming.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Kiri is quite willing to gut anyone who touches that~ Dun touch if you can't keep~
Why do you say that?
I Iiterally just said I know about it. Not that we'd try and steal it.
Damn.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh~

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Also
what if I told you Cynthia was actually a man this whole time
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

But yeah.

Kev we are going to have so much fun.

And you are probably going to have SO MANY visits to the damn teacher's room if you intend to actually pass her class XDDD

Since you, as a race, have a hard time consciously learning new spells, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 534