Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430524 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

What happens if the entity affected by it literally has no emotions other than anger?

Well, other than the mutagenic aspects of it...

You know Torimus' berserker rage in combat thing?

That.

But remove the 'in combat' part.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

What about someone like Larissa or Selina, who don't have as much anger?
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, in that case, I guess Plutarch can safely nom on him then :P Considering it is powered by rage, constantly in rage and able to maintain a facade in spite of it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

The fox wouldn't be Trying to control it. It would be Digesting it. Malice can't Alter Anything while it's being Eaten. Nothing can Touch the inner aura without shit starting to get exponentially more explosive. You'd end up with a recursive loop of feeding until either one of them decides to warp away, likely with soul altering effects for both or everything Explodes.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

You're trying to dictate Malice's powers, Kevak.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

No, I'm dictating how they can affect something that is literally built for eating shit.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of all the matters to argue about, apparently it's digestion that is sparking debate.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

What about someone like Larissa or Selina, who don't have as much anger?

Larissa - Since she's still a human, comparatively little, actually. It'd probably force her into her other personality though, temporarily making it dominant.

Selina - Since she's a ghost, and ghosts are about the most susceptible things ever to being corrupted by negative emotions...

Well, we've discussed what would happen if she suddenly got an infusion of Malice.

It ends badly most likely.

The fox wouldn't be Trying to control it. It would be Digesting it. Malice can't Alter Anything while it's being Eaten. Nothing can Touch the inner aura without shit starting to get exponentially more explosive. You'd end up with a recursive loop of feeding until either one of them decides to warp away, likely with soul altering effects for both or everything Explodes.

... let me put it like this.

Your foxfire is the equivalent of a firework, just for example.

The equivalent amount of Malice is essentially the Czar Bomba in comparison.

if you try to digest an amount of malice large enough to produce much foxfire at all from its raw emotion, it would be enough to at least mutate you, if not outright kill you. And considering you're a spirit-type being and it's a type of energy that is specifically good at corrupting spirits...

Well, in that case, I guess Plutarch can safely nom on him then :P Considering it is powered by rage, constantly in rage and able to maintain a facade in spite of it.

Honestly my headcanon has him already using it. A LOT of monsters like that do in the canon it's from, so why not him and creatures like him? He's just not MADE of it and doesn't have the sheer mass of it that Tor does.

Basically it's the difference between having a furnace that burns it to power other stuff and, you know.

Being a star.

The problem with him isn't that he's not powerful, it's that it's physically impossible for him to USE it in any way even remotely useful.

Even in combat, since at the point he's using enough to do extensive damage he can't exactly aim very well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:56:59 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly my headcanon has him already using it. A LOT of monsters like that do in the canon it's from, so why not him and creatures like him? He's just not MADE of it and doesn't have the sheer mass of it that Tor does.
That's basically what I was thinking anyway. Which means that Tor is basically like the forbidden fruit walking around trying to tempt Plutarch into eating him from it's point of view.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Seeing as negative emotion makes the switch both ways, theoretically Torimus could toggle the personalities at will.
HINTERESTING
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

That's basically what I was thinking anyway. Which means that Tor is basically like the forbidden fruit walking around trying to tempt Plutarch into eating him from it's point of view.

This is hilarious to me because even if he did try to eat him it'd be like trying to stoke a furnace with the sun.

Technically possible!

PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN for the simple fact of not being designed to handle such stresses.

Seeing as negative emotion makes the switch both ways, theoretically Torimus could toggle the personalities at will.
HINTERESTING

MOVE ALONG, ELF.

But yes, that would be amusing if he figured out he could do that.

Though in order to straight up dick with her emotions like that he'd need either physical contact or some kind of contract in place letting him stoke her furnace from afar.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More of case that it will completely burn out since there would be nothing preventing Plutarch from just trying to self-destruct in a blaze of glory with all the stored power just to spite everyone else.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

HINTERESTING
DELICIOUS

i mean what?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that your character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:33:49 am by Gamerlord »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that you're character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.
Nah, just can't feed off him.
He can still get mindscrewed, though.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 534