Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430383 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

CYBORG
is better because it is part human
and humans are the most magical creatures

Magitech cyborg that survives by consuming spinal fluid by crushing SPIINEESSSSSS?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

CYBORG

Magitech cyborg that survives by consuming spinal fluid by crushing SPIINEESSSSSS?
YES!
It's not Raiden, it's Reiden. There's a difference!
thincake

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

CYBORG
Haha, no.

Humans are one of the weaker ones in terms of magic. But they're incredibly adaptable.
So a Fox of Nine Tails outmatches them in raw power, but the Humans can train their magic output and become much more efficient (though it takes time, lots of time).
So basically, Humans have to work for their power, supernatural creatures... not so much.
I mean, you don't definitively know that since you are the GM...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

You don't definitively know that's not true, because you aren't the GM either.
Black lives matter.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

CYBORG
Haha, no.

Humans are one of the weaker ones in terms of magic. But they're incredibly adaptable.
So a Fox of Nine Tails outmatches them in raw power, but the Humans can train their magic output and become much more efficient (though it takes time, lots of time).
So basically, Humans have to work for their power, supernatural creatures... not so much.
I mean, you don't definitively know that since you are the GM...
It's a general rule in fiction, the supernatural beasts gain power, while the Humans earn it.
I see no reason why it wouldn't apply.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

I'd assume Humans are Weak, but Skilled compared to Supnats, who'd be Unskilled, but Strong, with Empowered Humans (James, Larissa, Aulus, Yukari, Demetri) being anywhere along that gauge depending on how and what their powers came from.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Thing about humans is, we're not the strongest motherfuckers on the planet.

We're just kinda the most ruthless.

Why do you think Hunters are such a problem?

Because unlike every supernatural being out there, we don't have a weakness.

Yes, we're weak compared to the supernatural assholes, but we can at least eat garlic without killing ourselves, walk on holy ground and in broad daylight without harm, and silver is about as dangerous to us as any other metal.

Compare this to nearly any other species and we are surprisingly resilient, since we require overwhelming force to kill us instead of just some material that gimps the hell out of us.

Also, guns.

Guns are good.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We're talking about some guy that lives in the middle of the woods. He's either crazy or a master at fighting in some way. And niether are something you attack.))
Or, at least, attack without a very good reason. There's a reason Vampires tend to live in cities nowadays- easier to target a random schlub in an alleyway than a guy who's probably a VERY good survivalist and athletic enough to keep off you.

Even if you WOULD eventually kill him, he'd have shotgunned or battered you hard enough that you'd better be hoping that meal's enough to last for, say, the three or so days it takes you to recover from the beating the humie just gave you in his death throes. So you'd have to be pretty desperate to go after a guy like that.

And if you WERE powerful enough to shrug off that, then what the hell are you doing feeding off random humies in a forest, you can probably do it off some asshole in a nightclub and nobody would give a damn due to dominate.
(("Single man living alone in countryside with no family members found missing yesterday."
"OH SHIT JENNY THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT THINGS LIKE VAMPIRES ARE REAL!11"))
Well, there's enough people who think like this to get SupNat hunters.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((well what the hell is a house-sized dragon doing there anyway, trying to break the masquerade? :P))
((We're talking about some guy that lives in the middle of the woods. He's either crazy or a master at fighting in some way. And niether are something you attack.))
((I r8 8/8.

No, but seriously, this is like rolling for three crit in a row on a d20. Humans, even paranoid ones, are still rather defenceless against supernatural beasts.))
Oh, you mean like this? :P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the fuck
a one piece rpg
i want to play that

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Or, at least, attack without a very good reason. There's a reason Vampires tend to live in cities nowadays- easier to target a random schlub in an alleyway than a guy who's probably a VERY good survivalist and athletic enough to keep off you.

Even if you WOULD eventually kill him, he'd have shotgunned or battered you hard enough that you'd better be hoping that meal's enough to last for, say, the three or so days it takes you to recover from the beating the humie just gave you in his death throes. So you'd have to be pretty desperate to go after a guy like that.

And if you WERE powerful enough to shrug off that, then what the hell are you doing feeding off random humies in a forest, you can probably do it off some asshole in a nightclub and nobody would give a damn due to dominate.
(("Single man living alone in countryside with no family members found missing yesterday."
"OH SHIT JENNY THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT THINGS LIKE VAMPIRES ARE REAL!11"))
Well, there's enough people who think like this to get SupNat hunters.
Conspiracy theorists aren't the most defended people.
They expect the baddies to hand the good guys the weapons they need to beat them.
Corporations make chemtrails, so we must use vinegar to remove them... which is sold by corporations.

As for shotguns, some supernatural creatures aren't very threatened by that. Actually, I'll list a few (do note that this applies to some kinds, not all).
Vampires are only permanently harmed by oak and running water.
Werewolves are either damaged by silver, or oak and running water (some Vampires can transform into Werewolves).
Kitsune have illusions.
Dragons have scales harder than steel.
Undead creatures can only be killed with either cold iron (iron that's never melted) or something holy (good luck getting that in the middle of nowhere).
Generally you can't trust a shotgun when dealing with supernatural entities.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

OK. Finally caught up on the IC thread. So what is being discussed in the OOC?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Illusions don't prevent a kitsune from being shot. They make it HARDER to hit you, but you're still going to be bleeding and sore if it hits you. :P
Vamps and werewolves, while not permanently harmed, are still going to feel that shit in the morning. I mean, you DID just get a ton of sharp metal in your face, even WITH healing that's gonna hurt.

Why would a dragon be invading a random humie? He's got better things to do, like run corporations to do that for him. He's a freaking dragon.
And the undead thing depends on the undead-pretty sure bog-standard zombies just die if their heads get blown off or their torso disappears, while stuff like mummies, ghosts and other more advanced undead like liches are harder to kill off.

I'm also pretty sure the cold iron weakness/holy weakness is Fae rather than undead, though, but we need GM confirmation.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:21:32 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'm also pretty sure the cold iron weakness/holy weakness is Fae rather than undead, though, but we need GM confirmation.
It depends, really. I'm letting you guys pick any supernatural creature from any mythology, or making your own; not every mythology has it's fae being weak to cold iron or holy.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Illusions don't prevent a kitsune from being shot. :P
Vamps and werewolves, while not permanently harmed, are still going to feel that shit in the morning.
Why would a dragon be invading a random humie? He's got better things to do, like run corporations to do that for him. He's a freaking dragon.
And the undead thing depends on the undead. I'm pretty sure the cold iron weakness/holy weakness is Fae rather than undead, though.
Yes they do, in that it prevents the Kitsune from being shot (provide something else to shoot).
While a Werewolf or Vampire may be in pain afterwards, that's irrelevant. And Vampires can just turn into mist, making the shot miss.
Irrelevant, if a Dragon attacked him, he'd be screwed.
Most traditional undead in Germanic folklore are fae based.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 534