Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 431176 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm just gonna explain it as best I can from my chatting on Skype.

Time has passed, techniques have developed, so more have formed and some don't require material components anymore.
Also, all Kitsune can transform into humans (still have problems hiding their tails and ears though), even the Yakko.

Kitsune-tsuki is a weak first form, the actions they do here dictates what they become. You become what your behavior is closest to.
Inari are warm and kind, though still mischievous by nature.
While the Yakko are more mischievous, and naughty (may be why Kiri almost became one).
I'm unsure if he kept the "Yakko are colorless" thing though. It's not set in stone, you can make up your own details.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:54:09 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I am writing up a big post on kitsune. You're off a bit.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Ah, Wikipedia led me to believe that the "tsuki's" are humans possessed by a fox spirit.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, Wikipedia led me to believe that the "tsuki's" are humans possessed by a fox spirit.
They are. Or at least some of them are.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

They are. Or at least some of them are.
But there's also liberal alterations.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, the whole Kitsune thing has sorta been modified as well. The ones that Kevak uses, that is.
I'm using one that has more specifics, since lorewise, Kitsune are varied from *gets raped and beaten cause can't hurt anyone* to "Too OP, plz nerf, it just turned me into a goatcatpotatothing"

So I went through and specified a lotta things to prevent weird shit and OP shit.

As for the lore being used.

There are four types of Kitsune.

There are spirit foxes, which have like twenty different names depending on general alignment. They either possess someone or a fox or they follow someone who ticked them off and curse them and their family with various bodily ailments. Primarily alignment defines which they do. Spirit foxes are normally nonsapient. Excluding Inari or Yakko who died Whom are still sapient.

Then are Kitsune-Tsuki. Which are either possessed humans/natural foxes by the previous fox spirits or born from Tsuki/Inari/Yakko parents. Kumo is a born Tsuki. Tsuki do not generate their own energy. A Tsuki requires a certain level of energy to become Yakko or Inari. They normally eat emotions to achieve this, normally this happens around age 30, eating emotions is harmless to the food. They are simply eating the projected energy of the emotions, not draining from the mind or source. Areas of high saturation tend to have lingering emotions, which Kitsune can eat. Although they technically can eat lifeforce, it isn't pleasant and to most it's outright disgusting. Tsuki can convert the emotions to foxfire and use them for various things. Primarily illusion, as illusion is what comes naturally. Repression of emotion is literally the worst possible thing a Kitsune-Tsuki could do. They cannot eat emotions if they cannot emphasize with them and therefore cannot grow as people, Kitsune need the emotional input to catalyze several things for progression. Hence why Kiri is inwardly horrified that Kumo's dad made him do that. They need some of everything to fully catalyze.

Then there are Kitsune-Inari and Kitsune-Yakko. Both of them can produce energy on their own. Unlike Tsuki who cannot.  Kitsune-Inari are normally worshipers of a certain deity that I totally forgot the name of and in some places are considered vulpine angels. However generally the trademarks of Inari are "They are the good and nice foxes" However Inari operate on a morality system that isn't exactly human. An eye for two eyes is how they roll, and on the flip side, an Inari as a friend is a very good thing to have. Hence why Kiri chose to infuriate Jana when she was prickish to him and why he's more or less been nice to everyone else. Kiri specifically believes in blunt honesty, which is a viewpoint many Kitsune, both Inari and Yakko share, which is why he was so brutally honest with Kumo. Inari and Yakko share the same abilities, however Yakko tend to use a lot more energy then Inari do, and as such, tend to progress slower. Yakko tend to be mischievous and playful, although they they occasionally shade to rather malicious. The difference between Yakko and Inari are how their souls are formatted. They are predisposed to one set of behaviors over another. Technically a Yakko could be super nice, however it would still be predisposed to be hedonistic and occasionally just a dick for the sake of being a dick. Same with how Inari are predisposed to be nice and pleasant and outgoing but occasionally shade to the more wild side of things, as shown with Kiri. Kiri does things primarily for the emotional reaction, although he does legitimately care. The main reason he was so harsh towards Jana is because he needed a rage input due to lacking a lot of energy of that type. Both Inari and Yakko gain tails as they get more and more energy. A new tail is gained each time they catalyze, as well as new powers. Inari tend to progress faster due to being more conservative with their energy then Yakko tend to be. Yakko tend to throw around their energy. If Kiri were a Yakko, rather than just berating Jana, he would have fucked her sense of direction and balance so much she couldn't stand, and then kept it that way until she stopped feeling anger, frustration, and rage by simply having the emotion generated by her fuel her own illusion.

Kumiho are basically a cousin race from Kitsune. They aren't Japanese. They're Korean. And as Smurf said. Don't fuck with the Kumiho.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:30:45 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They aren't Kitsune.

Don't call them Kitsune.

Ven would like to have a word with you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

S-sorry, um. Kumiho. Lemme edit that...

plsno ven-senpai
Black lives matter.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Well, technically fox spirits started in China, but they got much nicer when they got to Japan. Maybe because the Japanese are nice to their foxes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I wonder how much a kitsune tail would sell for....

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably as much as a magic sword plus the arm it's attached to.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

S-sorry, um. Kumiho. Lemme edit that...

plsno ven-senpai

"There is a nice plate for your liver to go on. It's fine china."

I wonder how much a kitsune tail would sell for....
You'd probably get killed by the resulting fox spirit.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Eh, I think the Japanese prefer their foxes as pets, not pelts.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TT^TT;;;
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 534