Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls 3  (Read 26026 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls and Metal Gear Rising Revengence.
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2015, 02:14:07 pm »

Teleglitch just doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy playing. There were a few on your list that I'm looking forward to see you "let's give away", though.

I also looked up a second player perspective of ornstein after you mentioned his moveset. Does ER have something that let's you hovercraft over the floor at sanic speeds while homing in on your target? Because it seems pretty darn effective.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2015, 02:52:28 pm »

I'm the kind of guy who will jump at the chance to get free games, but as I said previously, I already own Teleglitch.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2015, 03:05:03 pm »

Hey piecewise, have you ever played System Shock 2? I notice you don't seem to have that in your Steam library.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2015, 03:16:21 pm »

It feels kinda weird accepting a free game. I mean, what if someone else needs it, man! What if they'll die if they don't get it! I'll die of guilt!

Well, not really, but it feels a bit awkward to me. Was considering asking for Human Revolution's director's cut since I can't be arsed to buy it myself, but then quickly reconsidered.
see this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2015, 03:58:29 pm »

It feels kinda weird accepting a free game. I mean, what if someone else needs it, man! What if they'll die if they don't get it! I'll die of guilt!

Well, not really, but it feels a bit awkward to me. Was considering asking for Human Revolution's director's cut since I can't be arsed to buy it myself, but then quickly reconsidered.
see this.
I don't know why you guys would feel weird. I'm not buying these to give them away, I literally just have the keys. I can't do anything with them except give them away.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2015, 04:02:56 pm »

I don't know why you guys would feel weird. I'm not buying these to give them away, I literally just have the keys. I can't do anything with them except give them away.

Some people just don't like to ask for gifts, especially from non-immediate acquaintances. It feels wrong.

If that doesn't make sense to you, well, it's a neurotic thing. Neurotics handle feelings of debt poorly (and feel that asking for a gift makes them indebted rather than if they happened to get it without asking, which just would make them grateful), or at least that's the conclusion I've arrived at after a moment of thought to explain my gut feeling. You could also say that specifically requesting a gift (that it comes from a non-friend further amplifies this) taints the good faith with which a gift should be given.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:08:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2015, 04:13:46 pm »

Some people just don't like to ask for gifts, especially from non-immediate acquaintances. It feels wrong.

If that doesn't make sense to you, well, it's a neurotic thing. Neurotics handle feelings of debt poorly (and feel that asking for a gift makes them indebted rather than if they happened to get it without asking, which just would make them grateful), or at least that's the conclusion I've arrived at after a moment of thought to explain my gut feeling. You could also say that specifically requesting a gift (that it comes from a non-friend further amplifies this) taints the good faith with which a gift should be given.
It's not a gift, it's a bribe for you to watch more of my videos  :P

Anyways, I clearly need to target more greedy people.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls and Metal Gear Rising Revengence
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

Again, people might feel less weird if they feel it's like a transaction. Demand they write you a poem describing your manganimous manhood or whatever. Make them feel they earned their game.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »

I already own Teleglitch, but you can give it to me if you want.  ;)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

I already have teleglitch as well, sooo XD

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »

Welp

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2015, 10:04:24 pm »

Welp
Maybe drop a link to the vid in the OOC thread? I don't think everyone in ER is aware of this thread, so doing that might get it to a slightly wider audience who still knows who you are.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2015, 02:17:04 am »

Just watched the teleglitch vid.  It's not a game that I really really want, but I'd like it if nobody else expresses a desire for it.  I like roguelikes.
Take it then, I mean the whole point of giving things away is to get rid of them because they are getting in the way somehow.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2015, 03:28:23 pm »

Looks like syv called dibs, but I'll take it if he doesn't want it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17