Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls 3  (Read 26033 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Piecewise: COME VOTE FOR WHAT I SHOULD PLAY!
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2015, 12:57:24 pm »

Only flimsy cover doesn't do anything, and crouch is sneak mode, basically. You're harder to spot.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

The gem known as Age of Mythology might be worth playing. Old, but wonderful. Magic death meteors, anyone? ((You can do that.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2015, 01:14:21 pm »

Only flimsy cover doesn't do anything, and crouch is sneak mode, basically. You're harder to spot.
How do you define flimsy? Because arrows will drill straight through tree trunks and stone block walls.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:01 pm »

Depends, like everything else, on how powerful the weapon being used is, and how skilled the user is. Foliage doesn't stop anything, but a tree trunk can stop a pistol shot or a crossbow bolt fairly well. Most projectile weapons can knock out a block of wood though, but one at a time, and in my experience a stone wall is excellent protection from an archer.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »

Depends, like everything else, on how powerful the weapon being used is, and how skilled the user is. Foliage doesn't stop anything, but a tree trunk can stop a pistol shot or a crossbow bolt fairly well. Most projectile weapons can knock out a block of wood though, but one at a time, and in my experience a stone wall is excellent protection from an archer.
If you say so. All I know is that for me at least, block walls didn't stop bullets and bullets where basically the only ranged weapon I was up again.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2015, 08:31:57 am »

I tried out Enemy.
Turns out you can just turn to face another direction while moving. With the middle mouse button. You can also crouch and sprint. Among other things. Fun little game.
Sprint I knew about, but rarely got the chance to use it since all my characters were ranged. Not sure how Crouch would help you since it's not like cover does anything. But that middle mouse button thing would have been helpful to know.

In other news: FUCK YOU ZENO CLASH

I only watched the first video. What happened?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:36 am »

More interesting things about Enemy. Endurance is OP. With every point in Endurance, you get 5 extra jump damage. Starting with 5 points in Endurance basically gives you a Mario. About 30 damage per jump, and you can get around very quickly. It's a good idea to grab a point in melee and a weapon of some sort quickly though, because you have no way of attacking otherwise.

Sprinting is ridiculously useful if you've got ranged attack characters, since then you don't have anything else that uses stamina besides jumping, and you have no reason not to sprint when you can, to conserve TU.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 11:25:29 am »

I tried out Enemy.
Turns out you can just turn to face another direction while moving. With the middle mouse button. You can also crouch and sprint. Among other things. Fun little game.
Sprint I knew about, but rarely got the chance to use it since all my characters were ranged. Not sure how Crouch would help you since it's not like cover does anything. But that middle mouse button thing would have been helpful to know.

In other news: FUCK YOU ZENO CLASH

I only watched the first video. What happened?
You'll see soon enough. The short story is that the last levels are rather annoying and I had to play them repeatedly due to technical problems.

More interesting things about Enemy. Endurance is OP. With every point in Endurance, you get 5 extra jump damage. Starting with 5 points in Endurance basically gives you a Mario. About 30 damage per jump, and you can get around very quickly. It's a good idea to grab a point in melee and a weapon of some sort quickly though, because you have no way of attacking otherwise.

Sprinting is ridiculously useful if you've got ranged attack characters, since then you don't have anything else that uses stamina besides jumping, and you have no reason not to sprint when you can, to conserve TU.

I've been playing more of it and sprinting does seem useful, though jumping seems like a great way to get yourself murdered by leaping into the wrong area and aggroing 5 guys.

I recorded some non-comentary play of it yesterday and lost on the first screen when a vampire thrall with a chainsaw murdered my entire team, partially through hits, partially through weird physics that blew up our entire fucking house when he swung.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2015, 04:09:30 pm »

Rejoice! (?) My internet is no longer as shit and now the uploading shall start. I've got 10 videos, all hammerfight and Zeno clash, including several videos of me screaming only semi-coherently at Zeno Clash for not being very good.

Also that ER thing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 06:06:35 pm »

Sweet, new videos!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 01:08:52 am »

Edited. Ignore this... Whoops D=
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2015, 09:55:34 am »

I've found the depths of hell in Overgrowth before.

Turns out the arena mode has a system that procedurally increases the size and muscles of your opponent.

I'm re-uploading a video that seeks to find how far this can go.

Now with appropriate music.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:29:22 pm by piecewise »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2015, 09:59:53 am »

I've found the depths of hell in Overgrowth.

Turns out the arena mode has a system that procedurally increases the size and muscles of your opponent.

I'm uploading a video that seeks to find how far this can go.

I'm getting a strange sensation of deja vu.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2015, 10:09:19 am »

I've found the depths of hell in Overgrowth.

I'm uploading a video that seeks to find how far this can go.

I'm getting a strange sensation of deja vu.
Yep. I actually found that footage again sitting in a disused folder and decided to reupload it. With some appropriate music this time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17