Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls 3  (Read 26034 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Piecewise: Dark Souls and Metal Gear Rising Revengence.
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »

That, or we could do a group LP like Geop or Slowbeef do, getting a group of people together to commentate on a single person playing. That would be fun.

Piecewise plays kaizo mario, with audience commentary.

Yes. It must happen.
Your desire to simply hurt me is becoming more evident.

Took you long enough to figure it out.

(( ~ <3 ~ ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2015, 01:28:40 pm »

Piecewise doing poorly and then cursing about it is much more entertaining than piecewise doing well.  This is why I suggested XCOM: Long War.  Really, nobody should be surprised that I enjoy causing pain.

Oh!  I know!  We should do a group tinker voicechat!  I wouldn't actually be able to participate due to a ping of >700, but I'd love listening. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2015, 01:49:51 pm »

Minecraft server!  We build something way too big and fail hilariously!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »

Let's build the sword! With vr machines! That are secretly bottomless pits full of creepers! And then put some monsters down there with the tinkerers!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »

"tinkerers" includes you, you know.  You've made plenty of designs.

@Piecewise

Currently going through your Dark Souls videos.  I'm fairly surprised at how your overall opinion seems to be "Eh, well, these games aren't very good.  Lots of issues."

Could you do more online-related stuff?  Maybe invade somebody?  Run around while human, maybe attract or summon some phantoms?  I've never played online, so I'd like to see it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2015, 02:14:33 pm »

Oh I know, Syv. My soul is forfeit. So best pull others down with me so it won't get lonely in hell.

Edit: we still could play cards against humanity with the gang. Or maybe some afwul FTP Korean shooter.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:22:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »

Worry not, my own example shows that redemption is possible. Who else has ever risen from such depths as binge-deathtube-tinkering to having tinker fever completely under control, doing only benevolent non-deathtube equipment designing and even that sporadically at best? Falter not, and you might yet save your soul from the depths of Tinker Oblivion!

On topic: It happens that I am personally more a fan of strategical games and such, so I am mostly refraining from suggesting things, knowing that PW's tastes differ. But I'd second syv's suggestion of Xenonauts/XCOM Long War, if you ever consider it. Or hell, maybe Deadnaut which you brought up earlier - it would be certainly fun (and slightly LP ER: Player Side-like, which is largely impossible for various reasons).  :P
By the way, how about we clone Piecewise so we could have him play ER and LP it from player's perspective, versus genuine Piecewise GM? And afterwards, they could GM together (thus doubling the GM post rate/allowing for twice the threads we currently have)!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2015, 03:11:24 pm »

I suppose the issue would be how long the long war is. How long is it?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2015, 03:30:10 pm »

Two years, on average?  I think?

Dynamic war shortens it greatly.  IIRC, by default it shortens it by 50%, and that can be altered.  I wonder what the game's like if you set it to 99%. "Why are there thirty elite mutons on the first mission?" perhaps?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »

Two real-life years?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »

"tinkerers" includes you, you know.  You've made plenty of designs.

@Piecewise

Currently going through your Dark Souls videos.  I'm fairly surprised at how your overall opinion seems to be "Eh, well, these games aren't very good.  Lots of issues."

Could you do more online-related stuff?  Maybe invade somebody?  Run around while human, maybe attract or summon some phantoms?  I've never played online, so I'd like to see it.
When did I say the souls games aren't good? I really like them.

Online stuff huh? I'll try it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »

When did I say the souls games aren't good? I really like them.

You are just point out differences between Dark Souls I, II, Demon Souls and Bloodborne very often. It is rather comfusing for a person who has never played any of those, like me.

I watched all the Dark Souls videos so far by the way, they are good. It is cringy to see you make mistakes, like that purchase of two pairs of pants, but it is mostly fun.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »

Well, you never said you dislike them, but you point out a lot of problems.  You're constantly saying things like "Dark Souls 2 did X better", yet you often point out issues that DS2 has too.  Most of your comparisons are negative; You say "The second half of the game [after the Lordvessel] feels really lackluster." rather than saying the first half is good.  You mention most flaws that show up, but rarely seem to mention things that the game does well.

Normally, I'm used to fans of games just worshiping them and being blind to the flaws.  Maybe I'm just used to automatically adjusting people's opinions to compensate, so "honest about flaws" turns into "tired of the many problems".

@Hap

Yes, Long War is a commitment.  You don't just start it up and then win easily like default XCOM, you have to stick with it for a significant portion of your lifetime.  Only a couple truly dedicated heroes have actually survived the gauntlet, although that's mostly because it was created in 2013 so their two-year campaigns have just ended.

It doesn't matter anyway.  PW will lose within the first few hours.  I just want to listen to him cursing, and maybe laughing at player deaths if he names characters after us.

@Comrade

I, for one, was laughing uncontrollably as PW bought the second pair of pants.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2015, 04:53:55 pm »

Well, you never said you dislike them, but you point out a lot of problems.  You're constantly saying things like "Dark Souls 2 did X better", yet you often point out issues that DS2 has too.  Most of your comparisons are negative; You say "The second half of the game [after the Lordvessel] feels really lackluster." rather than saying the first half is good.  You mention most flaws that show up, but rarely seem to mention things that the game does well.

Normally, I'm used to fans of games just worshiping them and being blind to the flaws.  Maybe I'm just used to automatically adjusting people's opinions to compensate, so "honest about flaws" turns into "tired of the many problems".

@Hap

Yes, Long War is a commitment.  You don't just start it up and then win easily like default XCOM, you have to stick with it for a significant portion of your lifetime.  Only a couple truly dedicated heroes have actually survived the gauntlet, although that's mostly because it was created in 2013 so their two-year campaigns have just ended.

It doesn't matter anyway.  PW will lose within the first few hours.  I just want to listen to him cursing, and maybe laughing at player deaths if he names characters after us.

@Comrade

I, for one, was laughing uncontrollably as PW bought the second pair of pants.
Yeah, I'll admit I tend talk more about flaws then I gush about good things. Some people really fanboy out, but I tend to sort of just accept good things and only feel the need to mention things that are going wrong. I'll try to remember to point out the good bits. Though, since I've played it so much, I'm clearly a lot less enthusiastic since I know everything that is going on.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2015, 05:17:58 pm »

Just finished the last dark souls video.  Yes, I think you should do the painted world, if only to show it off for those who haven't played.  I also think revisiting the undead asylum would be good, even ignoring that you need to to access the painted world.  You should get the lordvessel first, of course.  That should be done ASAP just for the ability to fast travel.

And, since you asked people to yell at you for stat distribution... uh, pump endurance more so you can fast roll?  Continue to not waste points on vitality because it's a useless stat?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17