Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Temple of armok - Suggestions  (Read 3288 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Temple of armok - Suggestions
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:06:47 pm »

I want to make a fortress/monastery to Armok. What should it look like + what should I have inside? Once I get enough suggestions I will post pictures of the first few years and such.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
Re: Temple of armok - Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:23:42 pm »

I want to make a fortress/monastery to Armok. What should it look like + what should I have inside? Once I get enough suggestions I will post pictures of the first few years and such.

A massive dwarf face, weeping tears of magmatic joy into a glorious moat.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 03:00:55 pm »

Gratuitous sacrifice, obsidian. (death by 10 *obsidian short sword* weapon traps)?

++EDIT: Cannot coherent sentence++
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:49:38 pm by Insert_Gnome_Here »
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:40:49 pm »

Build a magma pit in such a way that you can both drop prisoners in, and use it to power forges.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »

I'd recommend waiting 2/1 months when Toady is probably going to be releasing the tavern update which includes making temple zones. Then after the second tavern update he's going to be adding embark profiles where you can designate that your fort is specifically a monastery, but that'll probably be a year or more from now so it's not worth waiting for.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

acmuseum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »

Magma cast and carve giant (30+ urist) statues of your starting 7 to guard the temple.  Or make it giant statues of your legendary warriors to defend the temple.

Like the following, only much bigger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:45:49 pm »

Gratuitous sacrifice, obsidian. (death by 10 *obsidian short sword* weapon traps)?

This.

Armok = gawd o' blood, so you have to create blood. Best way is a trap room - drop the sacrificial victim down, have blades o' churning do what's right. I'd have 3x Large Saw blade + 7x lesser cutting blades, but ymmv.

A not-impossible path out would not be inappropriate. Fair is fair.

++EDIT: Cannot coherent sentence++

aka "I has the dumb" - been there. ;)

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »

Like the following, only much bigger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army

I'm going to assume you know there are like thousands of those statues in one vault, each with individualized faces. And I'm going to appreciate what you just told him to do :P 16x16 map size not big enough! XD

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 03:14:23 am »

Open up Hell and let the demons go where they please. The resulting carnage is all the temple Armok desires.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 05:11:19 am »

Sacrifice demons using absurdly complex traps. Supersonic minecart collider or something.
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 05:37:13 am »

-Make it out of cast obsidian
-Skull piles everywhere
-MAGMA.
-Do NOT clean blood. (Hence it is easier to make it outside)
-Corpses littered about. Alternatively, make quantum stockpiles of bones and skulls.
-Iron menacing spikes. Lots of spikes. Preferably with goblins/elves/kobolds impaled on them.
-Fire. (Burning lignite is good)

How to check if it is good or not : If your temple looks like something out of Warhammer, you're doing it right.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 10:48:31 am »

I've always considered a chamber filled with adamantine or steel serrated spinning discs, flooded with water and walled in with windows. Offering is dropped from the top, gets blended, chamber fills with blood - a good dedication to the blood god.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 12:40:51 pm »

Can you chain up demons?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »

I suggest a long sacrificial drop,  deep enough to cause body explosion.

Points for making it land somewhere significant, like an altar, or on another sacrifice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 05:40:43 pm »

Basement has 150+ barrels of blood.

(mod a workshop that converts bodyparts to blood? And actual altar workshop, 5x5 size, that takes in blood and rarely gives gems/blessed axes.)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884