Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unusual siege  (Read 740 times)

kemoT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unusual siege
« on: May 16, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

Hello everyone, I just got a siege. It was announced with "Vile force of darkness has arrived!", so I expected gobbos. Instead I got this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did something like this happen to anyone else? Will I get loyalty cascade if I attack them?
Sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my native language.
I greet
kemoT

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual siege
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

Dwarves? Its probably dwarves that were caprured an now serve the goblins. No, you ate not looking at a loyalty cascade. Good job on getting more than 6 enemies, by the way.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 03:53:55 am »

I've had humans attacking as "goblins" but never dwarves. Since dwarven undead and necromancers don't generate cascades I don't think dwarven enemies serving goblins do either. You will have another problem though: dead enemy dwarves are NOT considered refuse->corpses-dwarf, despite the existence of that selection, but are stockpiled under the top level of corpses. Enemy dwarves also cannot be moved between cages or be pitted, because they simply don't show up in the selection.

As an aside, my first "goblin" siege of a fortress has so far always consisted of exactly 10 invaders.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:50:53 am »

Just had one with around 30 humans from a gobbo civilisation. They were all rubbish crossbowman squad leaders or recruits: not even wrestlers. My sewcond siege, the last one had like 10 goblin weapon users, kiled some dwarves. This, time, just a bunch of terrified captured civilians. Funny old goblins  :D!

They faced slavery and death.
One wheel short of a wagon

kemoT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:21:45 am »

Thanks for answers. It wasn't my first siege, so my military dealt with them without even a scratch. Fortunately no loyalty cascade occurred. I'm only surprised that even squad leaders were dwarfs, all the previous sieges consisted only of goblins and trolls.
Sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my native language.
I greet
kemoT

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:05:42 pm »

The worlds of Dwarf Fortress are a lot less black and white than your usual fantasy works.
My current world has a couple of Dwarf sites that for historical reasons are almost 100% goblin (and are constantly being attacked by 'real' goblin civs). I've also got a couple of notable evil Dwarves on my hitlist that are in charge of goblin groups. So it's not inconceivable that a 'goblin' siege squad including their leaders would be 100% Dwarf.