Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Imagine the new possibilities? What will be your first pick?  (Read 10891 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mentioned in some Future of the Fortress or other that ethics and values don't instantly assimilate when you grant resident or citizen status to a visitor that petitions to stay at your fortress, and that we'd make sure to have some definite evidence of that fact. I started by diversifying the "work satisfaction" thought by feeding in the job type and filtering it through the individual. In particular, any elves that have the misfortune of signing up for dwarven life can now emotionally process the experiences of tree felling, butchery and animal caging. We trust you'll respect this new situation in your labor settings.

Imagine an Elven Woodcutter? Elven Carpenter? OR would you put your Pointy ears down into the mines ?
Or , Human Labor! Put those Alcohol haters to work 24/7 in the mines with minimal supplies and happy faces!

Ah the possibilities...

I will definitely use the Elves and perhaps even asign them to the military , would be pretty nice to have an elite squad of Archers equipped with Bows and chain "mithril" armor!
As for the other races I have not really thought much about their "possibilities" , perhaps an Goblin cook ( Could probably make some delicious "humanoid" meals if they are not entirely restricted he he ) , any good ideas?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:37:02 am by malvado »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine the new possibilities? What will be your first pick?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:31:46 pm »

Anyone else thinking about setting up a "Prison Camp" for the Elves and forcing them to chop every tree in sight?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

Animalman butchers.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »

Seeing as we haven't gone full mermaid farm yet, allow me to get the ball rolling.

You can construct a seperate fortress and burrow elves in it en mass. Make sure they get fed on a diet of meat (variety discouraged) and water (alcohol is for the dwarves). They don't get rooms, but place wooden furniture everywhere in the burrow. Your elves are to be restricted to hunting (for more meat, but this goes to the fortress - they only get farmed meat of a single variety) and tree-cutting. They are not allowed to have a temple. They are not allowed back into the tavern once 'settled'.

Essentially, you've become an Elf Internment Camp

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 01:22:35 pm »

Elves are cannibals, they like meat, feed them plump helmets and water, issue them wooden training axes and have them wage war on the trees in your embark, above and below ground.

Make a slight raw tweak and rename "mask" as "fake beard" and make them wear them along with copper armor forged using charcoal forges which they operate and power with charcoal they burn themselves.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 02:30:01 pm »

You can make your own clothing in the raws, so there's no reason to remove masks.

In fact, make a fake beard clothing item that is only craftable by dwarves... and make them only out of wood.  (Animal fur would make sense, but this is crueler.)

Also, since when are elves against animal caging?  They come to trade with elephants in wooden cages stacked on the back of their donkeys!  That's two forms of animal cruelty in one!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:42:26 pm »

I see no value in torturing them.

Pair each Elf with a Dwarf to spar for years. Turn them all into Legendary fighters, clad in the best metal equipment you can put together. Assimilate them so thoroughly that they look upon their former civilization not with contempt, but with pity, as they realize how wrong they were and how wrong the rest of the Elves still are.

When an Elf strides into battle in full Adamantine and carrying a skin of Dwarven Wine, that's when you know that your civilization has achieved total superiority over the lesser ones.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »

Get one human ranger, one elf archer, and one dwarven axeman to sprint across the map in adventure mode.

To epic accompanying score
One wheel short of a wagon

EpicOrange

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 08:54:54 pm »

"Prison Camp" for the Elves

Aye, the final solution to the Elvish question.

(I apologize -- it was inevitable.)
¼╚ O ⌂▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼███████
▼¼ë ¼ · ·  ·  ·  · ▒▒▒▒ ² ²█▐▀ \ ☺ó
· ë ·  · ═ « ▒▒  , ` U ▒▒ ╬◄═« ·  ·
· ·  ·  ë ·  ·  ·  · ·  ·  · ▒▒▒▒ █▐▄/  · ·
· ·  ·  ·  ·  · ·  ·  ·  · O ·  · ▒ ████ ==

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »

Personally my first elf is going to be a butcher. It seems likely that elven butchers will be able to butcher sentient corpses so then I can make elf bone crafts, and elf meat roasts.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 09:16:07 pm »

I see no value in torturing them.

Pair each Elf with a Dwarf to spar for years. Turn them all into Legendary fighters, clad in the best metal equipment you can put together. Assimilate them so thoroughly that they look upon their former civilization not with contempt, but with pity, as they realize how wrong they were and how wrong the rest of the Elves still are.

When an Elf strides into battle in full Adamantine and carrying a skin of Dwarven Wine, that's when you know that your civilization has achieved total superiority over the lesser ones.

Dear Armok.  Mass production of Cacames.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 10:04:29 pm »

Get one human ranger, one elf archer, and one dwarven axeman to sprint across the map in adventure mode.

To epic accompanying score

Dwarves are natural sprinters!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 02:59:22 am »

Personally my first elf is going to be a butcher. It seems likely that elven butchers will be able to butcher sentient corpses so then I can make elf bone crafts, and elf meat roasts.

I seriously doubt the presence of an Elf visitor will enable a 'butcher sentient creature' ability at the workshop. At least not before the whole knowledge thing gets implemented allowing new additions such as high boots, morning stars and (possibly) Goblin roasts. But, hey I could be wrong.

tahu16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 07:38:46 am »

I just want a fortress where the only citizens are batmen.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 08:24:27 am »

"Prison Camp" for the Elves

Aye, the final solution to the Elvish question.

(I apologize -- it was inevitable.)

I have many, many holocaust jokes pertaining to elves circling in my head right now.
Pray I never find the stomache to utter them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4