Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stress of Nobility?  (Read 824 times)

Priavem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stress of Nobility?
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:06:49 pm »

So I started a new fortress in a Haunted biome, where it rained goblin blood (an improvement to regular rain), and things were going smoothly throughout the first year, aside from mild starvation, until some far off baron died and one of my migrants was the next in line to the barony. I was a bit confused but nonetheless unconcerned with the sudden appearance of nobility, as winter was fast approaching and we still needed a fresh water source. But, on a whim, I investigated the new baroness, and found that every body part was bruised and or injured, except for the upper body, and lower lip which was actually cut off. It wasn't a result of any syndromes from the biome and all the other dwarves were perfectly healthy, aside from my tree feller who was crushed by a falling tree. Even her husband was perfectly fine.

Has anyone else seen something like this before? I thought maybe she was just stressed out or something.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Stress of Nobility?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »

Might make any mandates hard to understand. Just sayin'

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:35:27 am »

I've seen this happen from evil rain quite commonly. Maybe everybody else just avoided the rain somehow.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:12:23 am »

Are you sure she didn't simply migrate to your fort in this state?
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:09:29 am »

Lots of migrants arrive with everything except the upper body showing up as mildly wounded. It doesn't seem to have any effect on gameplay, but I don't know what causes it.
Could be old age?
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 04:11:53 am »

Sometimes you travel upon evil biomes, and you get dwarves covered in deadly cloud material even if there are no deadly clouds in your biome.

Priavem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 09:02:59 am »

I've seen this happen from evil rain quite commonly. Maybe everybody else just avoided the rain somehow.
Sometimes you travel upon evil biomes, and you get dwarves covered in deadly cloud material even if there are no deadly clouds in your biome.

Could be. I never considered that it might've been from the neighboring weather. I just thought it was weird how no one else had the injuries since the baroness was the only one with bruises out of her entire migrant wave.