Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Born Today (SG)  (Read 2554 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Born Today (SG)
« on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:12 am »

Setting
Generic fantasy setting with a huge unexplored wilderness filled with places to explore. Every kind of mythical creature i can think of.

The balance between humanity, elves, dwarves and orcs the four main races, was balanced for centuries.

Elves, defensive and unambitious they wanted nothing more than to inhabit the wilderness and live care free without disturbances. Spread though out the continents vast wilderness, still untamed they seemed to be low in numbers. But the wild is their territory and the wild is vast, every corner inhabited by the Elves. They do not mind when individuals and small groups travel in their territory but any sort of large war party would face fierce resistance from not only the Elves but the land itself. In time of need the Elves form an elder council.

The Dwarves, ambitious and inventive. They live in the mountains. They had been caught up in a war against the denizens of the underground, mainly trolls. It was a defensive war with impenetrable armoured steel Dwarves facing against the nightmarish sickly green trolls with unnatural strength. This was lucky for the other races as it stopped the Dwarves from expanding and kept their population down. The Dwarves do not see race, they see skill and usefulness because of this dwarves can welcome people into their forts only to kick them out again when they have no use. They are united under a King and Queen.

Orcs, war obsessed but not ambitious. They live in the great plains. Tribal and nomadic in culture, the interior tribes are constantly fighting amongst them selves, while the exterior are raiding human villages and towns. They travel around the plains constantly on the move, they use Dire wolves to carry their things and as mounts during fights. They are respectful of fighting skill so any visitors must first prove them selves in combat before being allowed in.

The Humans the most ambitious. They were formed into individual city states, each completely independent and constantly waging petty wars to claim villages and towns. The exterior city states fended off the raiding Orcs as best they could. They allowed most traders and visitors into their towns and cities without trouble. The second most technologically advanced after the Dwarves, the second most populous after the Orcs and the second most adept at magic after the Elves. They were a jack of all trades.

But then the "Expansion" happened. The Humans had been united under a strong leader. They massacred any Orcish raiders attacking their borders before sending a massive army to subjugate the Orcs. At this same time the Dwarves managed to mount a large offensive against the trolls and decrease their numbers drastically. They soon were looking elsewhere for expansion and sent a elite Dwarves force into Elvish territory. The Dwarves also started supplying arms and armour to the Orcs as they were getting increasingly worried about the Humans. The Elves seeing what was happening formed an Elder council which came to the conclusion that all other races must be weakened indefinitely as they could not be trusted when strong.

The Gods
Humans: They worship different deities depending on the city state
Orcs: Sacrifice food and valuables to the god of war
Dwarves: They do not have gods
Elves: Worship the Dark elves

Dark Elves:
8 Dark elves each have mastered a form of magic. Most live in solitude while some move around under illusions.

----------------------------

Choose what Age
Before the Expansion
During the Expansion

Choose your fathers race

Choose your mothers race

Choose where you were born
Caravan
Human town
Orcish tribe
Dwarven mountain hall
Elvish mother tree
Any other suggestions

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:36:26 am by Generally me »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Born Today (SG)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:03:06 am »

I was born during the Expansion to a Dwarven father and Orcish mother, in a Dwarven mountain hall.
Black lives matter.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:20:08 am »

Era:
Expansion
fathers race:
Ork
mothers race:
Ork
born in a:
Dwarven mountain hall

Nme: Urist Fardelver (born Udugar of Deer Clan)

Char history: Udugar is a 2 generation Orkish immigrant into the mountain-homes, born into the family of displaced orks turned mercenaries in the dwarven underground war (orks are used to travel and aren't generally suited to either craft or cultivation.) Having absorbed much of the Dwarven meritocratic culture, Urist (as he now calls himself) has set out to become the first Warboss.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:58 am »

Choose what Age
During the Expansion

Choose your fathers race
Dwarf
Choose your mothers race
Elf
Choose where you were born
Caravan

Name: Urist Omansen

Character History
Urist was born in a mixed-race caravan, and is tolerant towards all races. He inherited his mother's talent for magic and his father's aptitude for technology.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:29 am »

still even when someone break the tie plez.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:56:47 am »

Era:
Expansion
fathers race:
Ork
mothers race:
Ork
born in a:
Dwarven mountain hall

Char history: Udugar is a 2 generation Orkish immigrant into the mountain-homes, born into the family of displaced orks turned mercenaries in the dwarven underground war (orks are used to travel and aren't generally suited to either craft or cultivation.) Having absorbed much of the Dwarven meritocratic culture, Urist (as he now calls himself) has set out to become the first Warboss.

+1

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:58:09 am »

Era:
Expansion
fathers race:
Ork
mothers race:
Ork
born in a:
Dwarven mountain hall

+1
+1

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 12:36:51 pm »

Fathers Profession
Mercenary (i assume)

Mothers Profession
Mercenary

What were you most skilled at:
Swords
Strongest
Fastest
Brawling
Charming the ladies
Persuading
Just general small talk
Magic (specify kind of magic)
Blacksmithing
Any others you can think of, these are just examples

What were you worst at
Same as above
Any others you can think, these are just examples

Did you have a best friend
yes
no

If so what were they best at
Same as before
Any others you can think, these are just examples

What was your average day like for the first few years of your life.
Most of my time was spent playing in the rivers, talking with friends, having foot races and practicing alchemy with the witch
I spent my time wrestling with my friends, practicing with swords, shooting animals with my bow and impressing girls
I spent most of my time wandering the forests, identifying plants, camping with my friends and climbing trees
Any others you can think of

List of magic
Illusion: Creating illusions
Healing: Healing stuffz
Necromancy: Raising dead, soul stealing and increasing lifespan stuff
Conjuration: Fire balls and ice blasts stuff like that
Divination: Finding where people are and just generally knowing stuff you shouldn't
Enchantment: Messing with peoples minds
Summoning: Summoning demons and weapons or rabbits if you're boring
Transmutation: Turning one material into another

((all you said for era was "expansion" Before or Now?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:49:46 pm by Generally me »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 01:17:14 pm »

After the Expansion.

My best friend was Urist Mcdonald son of the Captain of the Guard at our fortress. We both spent our time playing in the near by underground rivers, talking with friends, having foot races and practicing alchemy with the witches. The witches were human (an unbeknownst to us also half Dark Elf) who were in the Queens personal retinue as Royal Magicians.

Our best skill was Magic, specifically in the school of Conjuration and to a lesser extend Divination. I no longer wanted to be another front line flounder, I wanted to be the Royal Spymaster for the Queen. To that Extent I joined the captain of the guard with Urist who practiced Conjuration mostly but also dabbled in healing. We were part of a very small corp within the Guard of the city that was rarely called into a fight. Most of the time it was when a mercenary band got to rowdy and coudn't be dispatched without great losses.

However, Now the Fortress is at war with not only the Human Empire but relations are turning very sour with the Elves. Theirs rumors that are enemies are infiltrating our Fortress (And other fortresses) and sabotage our way of life. The Urists brothers of the Guard are however on the case and neighter of us will stand for this. It's also nice that his father lets us take whatever cases we desire and that we run around mostly indepandant with the Guards resources at the ready when we need it.

We have only a year of light experience under our belts but in that time we both have girlfriends who happen to be witches. Neither are part of the Queens retinue and their jobs are mostly as teachers in the Magical Guard school.

I was never good at blacksmithing though and people still make fun of me for it. I hope i'm not kicked out for it...

((The Dark Elf is there to help spice things up and could be there to help the Kingdom or not. Or Personal ends. Our friend is best at magic and bad at brawling.))

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 01:23:22 pm »

this is the first few years of your life around like 1-10 i will be doing 10-17 next, which is when the actual game will start after a some fluff about your childhood.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 01:36:35 pm »

After the expansion.

My best friend was Urist Mcdonald son of the Captain of the Guard at our fortress. We both spent our time playing in the near by underground rivers, talking with friends, having foot races and practicing alchemy with the witches. The witches were human (an unbeknownst to us also half Dark Elf) who were in the Queens personal retinue as Royal Magicians. The Queen was very well known across the world for her cunning and heavy expansionsit policies. Her repuation for installing an organized magical force was very new and dangerous. What with Wizards and Witches pointed at for starting blights by accident or uprisings to take thrones.

Me and my Friend Urist Mcdonald were both VERY good at Conjuration in our school. We even made friends with some Human witches who fled the Empire after some magical ban by the Emperor. We practiced alchemy together but neither of us was any good at it but we did make good friends with the Witches.

In fact, I think my friend may be on the verge of having his first girl friend if school rumors are to be believed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:49:42 am by 3man75 »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »

Joining in a bit when I have time to think out a char
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 03:10:57 pm »

... /boolean(SG=true)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 03:13:13 pm »

yeah, like FoU said.
This is an SG, ergo not something you can join.
Well, you technically can... just not as a seperate character.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 03:35:21 pm »

Forgot to put gender so what gender?
Pages: [1] 2 3