Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Ymir - City Builder/Civilization 4X/Pigmen  (Read 11061 times)

Polochon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Ymir - City Builder/Civilization 4X/Pigmen
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:48:12 am »

This game has been recently submitted on the Steam Greenlight and looks great. Here is what we now so far by reading the presentation page on steam - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439259948

"Ymir is a 4X multiplayer strategy game combined with a city builder where each player develops a civilization of pigmen starting at the Stone Age.
The game is divided in 2 main interfaces: a world map view and a region view. Each world tile matches a unique procedurally generated isometric zone that can be explored, settled and built on by players. In each one players can find random resources such as ores, animals or plants depending on the climate, relief and vegetation of the region.

It features:

- Multiplayer on local or persistent servers.
- Complex socio-economic simulator for a challenging city-building experience on its own.
- Fully procedural worlds where each region is unique.
- 7 biomes, each one with its own specific resources to favor player-trading.
- Custom settings control to setup real-time or 24/7 games.
- WILL remain free of any pay-to-win.
- Advanced diplomatic tools to setup flexible alliances or treaty-binded trade routes between players.
- Wars and battles that can be witnessed in real-time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6BKZChhNY

Polochon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ymir - City Builder/Civilization 4X/Pigmen
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:16:25 am »

Hum ? What is the matter ?

These usernames sound similar indeed but they belong to two distinct human beings, i can ensure you :p

Although I wish I could make games, I'm only a player...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:33:18 am »

It is still frowned on to make an account just to post a game here.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Polochon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:28:44 am »

Apologize if it seems not appropriate. I just wanted to support a game that deserves it, just as I support Dwarf Fortress whenever I can with my surroundings.

I joined these forums first of all because I play Dwarf Fortress (since several years on fortress mode but still novice on adventure mode) . 

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:50:13 am »

Looks like a promising game. i am mostly curious about their economy ideas and obviously the multiplayer part. i wonder if a combat oriented multiplayer will actually fit within the genre.. i'd be kinda pissed if another player could simply destroy all of my kingdom after i put a lot of time building it.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 03:26:26 am »

- City Builder
- 4x
- PIGMEN

INTO WHICH ORIFICE CAN I INSERT MY MONEY?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 04:45:47 am »

Into your own arsehole, since it's early access it's likely more productive going up there.

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:57:00 am »

Do you create this city by building a bunch of houses on the borderland? Hahahaha. I kill me.

Anyhoooo... looks interesting but why is there no single-player? I don't like people.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:19 am »

Into your own arsehole, since it's early access it's likely more productive going up there.

Probably true, but god damn do I love pigmen.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 03:31:36 am »

Wouldn't supporting the team by giving them money be more productive, to help it in getting out of early access?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 03:52:29 am »

Well, unless this turns out to be shit or vaporware, like so many other early access games.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »

Judging by there being mention of "no pay to win" I expect it will have some sort of micro transactions at some point...someone is looking to make this a cash cow

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

Judging by there being mention of "no pay to win" I expect it will have some sort of micro transactions at some point...someone is looking to make this a cash cow

I don't know, with so many micropayment-based multiplayer games out there now, some people feel it's worth saying even when there's no way it could apply.  I think the locally-hosted server aspect supports that.

I also like how the graphics and interface look like a combination of Caesar's 2 and 3.

That said, I despise multiplayer strategy games and almost every early access game I've ever played, so I'll just keep an eye open for now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 01:16:05 pm »

Rise! RISE FROM THE DEAD!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/378360/Ymir/

What does everyone think of Ymir now that its out? Most curious about the city building/management aspect of it?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 07:07:51 pm »

I think that the fact it's advertised as multiplayer only is a huge turn off still. The world map and combat shown in the video looks like one of those crap freemium games where you spend energy attacking each other for minimal gain (Clash of Clans, Stronghold Kingdoms, Forge of Empires and the like).

It's also only just now hitting Early Access 3 (nearly 4) years later. I wouldn't mind that so much if it didn't look like a PC build for a mobile game though. If you want a good single player city builder, check out Banished for more recent fare, or the old Sierra games on GOG (Pharoah/Cleopatra, Zeus/Poseidon and Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom have all held up surprisingly well).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5