Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.173.38a Released  (Read 15832 times)

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.173.38a Released
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

Sigh.
You do this right before I go to Italy for a week?
 find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

Toady you are the god of win!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

I like this version.  Plus I refuse to have the old version topic be bumped above this version's topic.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 01:20:00 am »

You really need to get rid of "You cannot travel until you stop bleeding".
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »

Then we have the prolem of adventurers healing peirced hearts and slashed throats. Mortal wound = YOU DIE NO EXCEPTIONS
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

"Problem"? How often do YOU survive a pierced heart/slashed throat? Hmmm?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

That's what he means. If it allowed you to travel while bleeding, you could theoretically insta-heal a slashed-out throat through travelling.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 01:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tahin:
<STRONG>That's what he means. If it allowed you to travel while bleeding, you could theoretically insta-heal a slashed-out throat through travelling.</STRONG>

Get a slashed/poked out throat, it doesnt bleed. It also doesnt heal.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »

Well, DF could check if the wound is mortal and then insta-kill your adventurer if you try to travel.
urrently digging fortress #9.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

Nah, keep the bleedng thing. Bleeding for anything other than mortal wounds stops rather quickly.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2008, 11:10:00 am »

Made init option for rent to always be 0??  Toady!!  You might have just made the economy actually usable now!  I'm very very excited about the next version.  Now all we need are working sieges for forts of any population and we'll be good to go!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Hi!

I am really impressed. The colored personality screen is really nice.

And I just looked at the current developments and started to drool:

Even though you are currently working on the Army Arc, you have just made some major additions to the relationships in dwarf mode, including marriages. This is just wonderful news.

I have not really played much with the current version, so I actually have no feel for the additions since the initial 3D version. But these news have made me already look forward to the next update (^_^;; (okay, so I am a greedy bastard)

Anyhow, the game as it stands now is already great fun, and seeing such good news like that developments log entry today are really great.

Another thing I can really recommend (I did mention it in the 2D vs. 3D thread) is that the 3D version gives the player a lot more control over the difficulty level of the game, which will definitely help getting more people hooked, I think. I mean, now people can start at the calm banks of a surface river growing crops on the surface, or they can try to carve out a living in a small section of sinister wasteland with no water in sight. And anything in between is possible with many different variations. This is really great.

Deathworks

verdigriss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »

WOOT!  Bad thoughts from worn clothing being off!?  Dwarves getting married!?  Toady you are the man!  I hope we get more bug fixes to polish up this great game.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »

Impressive! I know there's no deadline (thanks god) but when can we expect at least some intermediate ver. with this fixes? They're really already awesome! Toady! :THUMBS UP:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

I was thinking tomorrow.  It might be Saturday since TT's day's off got changed to Sunday/Monday, but who knows how long they'll be changed, since they like to mess with his schedule, so I'm not sure.  Anyway, you won't have to wait very long.  It's easier to do frequent releases when I'm making minor changes.  It's only when I'm gutting large portions of the game that you have to wait a month or two or nine.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6