Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31164 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:29 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:23 am »

Geez, one guy? Only Toaster?  My side games here are having a bad habit of not keeping up.  OH well, more chance for me to slack off!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2015, 12:45:47 pm »

Go loot the bodies.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2015, 01:17:55 pm »

Tell the bird to guard the entrances, hide behind a rock again.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »

Geez, one guy? Only Toaster?  My side games here are having a bad habit of not keeping up.  OH well, more chance for me to slack off!

Don't worry, since the players demanded the "brilliant" decision to enact seperate rooms, now they don't have to interact with each other, so it'll be another month or three before I get to play.

I'm tempted to withdraw from the waitlist.  There's a lot of fun stuff I want to do, but none of it matters because this is a game where everyone hides in a room and buffs endlessly.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:10:00 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2015, 07:09:21 pm »

That technically wouldn't be interacting with each other.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2015, 07:22:21 pm »

It would be an attack, though.  An attack with a chance of resulting in a player death.

There was also the guy who summoned an unfriendly raptor, too.  He could die.

Both of those might speed the waitlist, which seemed to be your complaint.  Sure, there's no direct interaction, but you seemed to be thinking about how soon you get to play, rather than how the game got there.

Not to mention, this is a testing game, not a game for fun.  PW is experimenting.  If you're right, and the game never goes anywhere because people turtle too hard, then the test taught us something: don't do multi-room arenas.  Plus, you're making a fairly knee jerk analysis.  Only two turns have passed.  People might start attacking on the fourth, especially if they're smart.  Turtling is only beneficial to people who have high pool, because they get more benefit for every turn they can cast.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »

Or people with low pool who happened to burn it to summon a bull in power armor and now need to recover. Totally worth it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »

Yeah, keep hiding, wait for pool to recharge.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2015, 11:48:51 pm »

-snip-

I am being a bit knee-jerk.  I'm a little frustrated over Monster Mash, and am just kinda anxious to actually play something while it still is something I want to play, y'know?  I'm worried that by the time I'm in, every player will have spent ten, fifteen turns pre-buffing.  I don't want to play that.  It'd be like that other perplexicon where two-thirds of the players were all on the same team.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:07:06 am by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2015, 06:38:35 am »

It was actually two different teams, plus team Sky-Pirates who were mercenaries of sorts. Although Syv had a hand in both honey pots with his double agent stuff.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2015, 03:06:59 pm »

I think Dev's actually referring to one of the spinoff games; The original only had maybe half of the players in teams, and even then a good chunk of them were sleepers who weren't publicly affiliated.

Dev, I can understand your worry.  I felt like that when I missed initial signups for this game, and back then people weren't spending as much time on buffing as they are now.  I suggest you just remember that this is a test which PW is running, and the enjoyment of the testing players is entirely incidental to the purpose; If you get in and have fun, you're lucky, but otherwise everything is simply the status quo.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »

I'll update this when I get home.

Dev: Clearly we need to add exploding collars that go off if you don't kill someone every 10 rounds.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22