Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31159 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2015, 09:33:41 am »

Sy, choose a room or I'll choose one for ya so we can get this shit started.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »

"Raptor (2) power armour (2)" Poke my head around the spheres and see if anyone is coming towards me.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2015, 10:49:40 pm »

Texas (2) Power (3) Armour. Then look around for threats.

((I was so tempted to use "Become Walker, Texas Ranger"))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:05 am »

Toaster and doc?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2015, 10:32:33 am »

Hide behind one of the stones, and watch the exits.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2015, 10:36:21 am »

Guess I was expecting to know where I was first.

Also, do I have 6 or 8 pool?  Can't remember at this point.

Bone Armor (2 or 3, depending on if I have 6 or 8 pool)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2015, 11:25:39 am »

Alright, assume you're all back to normal, human, uninjured form. You've lost your inventories, but not your levels.

Library.

First things first: say "Self living(2) mercury".  Then go grab a few books and rip out some blank pages.
You pop into existence on the ground floor of the library, in the center of the room between two rows of shelves.

[4+1]

You speak your words and they flow out of your mouth as a luminous stream, wrapping around you and transforming your flesh into pure mercury.  That done, you turn to the nearest shelf, grab a book and tear out some pages.

"Raptor (2) power armour (2)" Poke my head around the spheres and see if anyone is coming towards me.
[6+1]
Your words flow forth and take the form of a horse sized velociraptor wearing fallout style power armor. It screeches at you and starts to approach in a very menacing fashion.

Also you only have 4 pool, so your thing didn't have emphasis on armor.

Texas (2) Power (3) Armour. Then look around for threats.

((I was so tempted to use "Become Walker, Texas Ranger"))
[6+1]
You summon a long horn steer wearing glorious power armor that is covered in "Keep Honking I'm Reloading" and second amendment bumper stickers. It turns and faces you, heavy armor clanking and hissing with hydraulic force.

"THESE COLORS DON'T RUN!" it screams at you in Charlton Heston's voice. 

Hide behind one of the stones, and watch the exits.
You hide behind a rock. Nothing happens.

The garden is lovely though.

Guess I was expecting to know where I was first.

Also, do I have 6 or 8 pool?  Can't remember at this point.

Bone Armor (2 or 3, depending on if I have 6 or 8 pool)
You have 6

You appear in the library, same as sy, but on the third floor, west balcony, with a good view down on the rest of the library.

[3+1]
You summon up a set of armor made of bone. It's a sort of llamellar armor, made of a large number of bones of different sizes and types. It looks fairly sturdy, but not plate mail sturdy. It's comprised of a helmet, gauntlets, chestplate and pauldrons, with nothing for the legs.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:22 pm »

((Wait. I should have 5 pool. First kill had points into awareness and pool, second was points into Strength and pool. I mean, I'm not really going to complain about the raptor having weaker armour right now, but yeah.))

"Waitwaitwait. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck. Um...idea. Hang on."

Point at it, "Raptor obey". If that doesn't work get the hell out of the zero-g room.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:27:06 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2015, 12:26:33 pm »

"Obedient Hawk(4)".

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2015, 04:18:44 pm »

The door to the scrap room is on the ground floor with me, right?  Go through it.

If Toaster attacks me:
->With a ranged weapon?  Say "Mercury Shield".  Twice if it fails the first time.  If it works, say "Mercury weapon".
->At close-range?  Say "Mercury Entomb(2) Toaster".  Then force my arm down his throat.

If he leaves me alone (Thank you):
->Say "Mutable(2) Mercury Weapon"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2015, 02:45:06 am »

Does "of" count as a word?
Like if the spell were "Laser (1) (of) Thermite (2) Bees(1)", would that be 4 or 5 pool?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2015, 11:23:16 am »

Like if the spell were "Laser (1) (of) Thermite (2) Bees(1)", would that be 4 or 5 pool?

((Thermite Bee Laser..  Just rearrange it.))

Equip that armor.  Say "Tame Bear(2)"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:27:05 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2015, 04:12:35 pm »

"Heya. Sorry to bring you here unannounced. Since you are here, want to help me out? I think some of the guys in the other room were talking about how they wanted to ban guns and put outrageous restrictions on buying ammo."

Look around the room for anything interesting. Dodge if attacked.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2015, 10:06:21 am »

((Wait. I should have 5 pool. First kill had points into awareness and pool, second was points into Strength and pool. I mean, I'm not really going to complain about the raptor having weaker armour right now, but yeah.))

"Waitwaitwait. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck. Um...idea. Hang on."

Point at it, "Raptor obey". If that doesn't work get the hell out of the zero-g room.
Well thats a will roll to control it.
[2]
NOPE.
Lets see about that Speed roll.
[3+1]
You manage to get out of the room, Throwing yourself through the far door and into the miniature city room.

"Obedient Hawk(4)".
[1+2]
You get yourself a quite large obedient hawk, in fact it's about the size of a horse. Unfortunately it appears to be molting, as it is completely unfeathered and very weird looking.

Still, it is at least obedient, and quite large.

The door to the scrap room is on the ground floor with me, right?  Go through it.

If Toaster attacks me:
->With a ranged weapon?  Say "Mercury Shield".  Twice if it fails the first time.  If it works, say "Mercury weapon".
->At close-range?  Say "Mercury Entomb(2) Toaster".  Then force my arm down his throat.

If he leaves me alone (Thank you):
->Say "Mutable(2) Mercury Weapon"

You run into the scrap room, staying on the outer edge, away from the hulking piles of rusted metal that are built up nearer to the center of the room.

[2+1]
You get yourself a mutable mercury weapon already. A little tiny mutable mercury knife.

Of does count. Because it can change the meaning.

((Thermite Bee Laser..  Just rearrange it.))

Equip that armor.  Say "Tame Bear(2)"
You put your armor on and move on to the next spell.

[1+1]
Your words flow out weakly and begin to form a bear like shape before shivering and bursting like a soap bubble.

"Heya. Sorry to bring you here unannounced. Since you are here, want to help me out? I think some of the guys in the other room were talking about how they wanted to ban guns and put outrageous restrictions on buying ammo."

Look around the room for anything interesting. Dodge if attacked.

"DON'T TREAD ON MEEEEEEEE"

The bull screams and runs off into the library.

You shrug and look around. The room is fairly empty, save for the tree and the corpses on it. Maybe you could do something with those corpses?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22