Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31233 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2015, 10:37:41 pm »

((So Fullbody is a word? this is a thing?
I am a little upset.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

((Hey Toaster, it's like TiM. Remember?))

((Errr... no?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2015, 12:07:30 am »

Run upstairs with my fancy sword to find someone to deliver justice to.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:26:51 am by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 12:38:58 am »

((Errr... no?))
((Like Systar, but with explosions instead of negative matter.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2015, 08:05:18 am »

Trade out "knife" for "sword". Recharge "organic" and "armor". Get away from the stairs. If attacked point into Dex and Strength. Counter attack and defend as needed.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2015, 11:46:49 am »

Attempt to fire one of my massive arrows at Hapah
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2015, 01:02:42 pm »

I'm instating a new rule for the sake of balancing:

Self transformations and similar effects last a number of turns equal to the pool used to create them. So something like "Self iron(3) skin" would last 5 turns then revert.

Run around towards Thrakor just close enough to be in breath range and hit him with my breath. Hope to evolve a better breath weapon.
((I guess hidden actions aren't a thing, Piecewise? And did I evolve any more?))
You trundle over to Thrakor and vomit a bunch of purplish liquid on him before you suddenly revert to your old human form.

Go to where Bei and Toaster are.  Look at them and say "Wide Gaze Break".  If I have eight pool points, put one point of emphasis on break.
You spawn on the third floor, in the center area, and promptly run for the fourth. You make it up the stairs and get a good look at Bei and Toaster before shouting your words at them.
[1+1]
Nothing happens.

Trade out "knife" for "sword". Recharge "organic" and "armor". Get away from the stairs. If attacked point into Dex and Strength. Counter attack and defend as needed.
Trading and recharging.

You run into the center of the room, across the rope bridges and onto the top of the gazebo. At least here you can see anyone coming...and cut the bridge away as they try to get here.

Run upstairs with my fancy sword to find someone to deliver justice to.
You run one story up and look around.

There's no-one here...huh.

Explosive Orbiting Armor Fullbody Clockwork +2 End

"Ouch!"

Fullbody(2) Clockwork(4) and let's hope this stops the whole "bleeding to death" thing.

The purple goo Beirus coats you in burns and stings like crazy but doesn't seem to be anything but very very uncomfortable. Your spell transforms you into a clinking, clanking clockwork golem; Ever seen the "Iron Giant"? Like that; but more human sized.

Attempt to fire one of my massive arrows at Hapah
You died a few turns back. Unfortunately I couldn't wait any longer to do the turn since everyone else had already posted and it had been a day or two. I had you defend yourself as best you could but he just plain rolled better.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2015, 01:19:27 pm »

Beat the fuck out of Beirus for blowin' me legs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2015, 03:25:07 pm »

Continue the search for someone to poke with my pointy metal stick!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:55 am »

"Organic (2) Sword". Pick up resulting sword, find someone to murderize with it, preferably on the same level as me. Point into Strength, if I do find someone.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:44:01 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2015, 11:28:24 pm »

((I just realized that I should have gone with 'heavy' over 'wide'.  More useful.))

Question: My pool is listed at 4.  If it recharges at the end of a round, then it should be 8.  Or does it recharge at the beginning, before any casting takes place?  In either case, as long as I have 8  pool by the time I cast, do the below:

Recharge break and gaze, then follow Bei and wait for someone to come along and stab me.  Glare at any stabbers and say "Gaze Break".  If nobody stabs me, look at Beirus instead and say "Gaze Break".

If I wouldn't have eight pool by the time I cast, for some reason, wait around until I do.

Question 2: Would killing Beirus instead of Toaster have any disadvantage for me?  Would I get less points since Bei hasn't killed anyone?  You didn't specify in the OP.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2015, 11:32:00 pm »

((Darn you balancing. How am I supposed to use my evolution to the fullest if it doesn't last long enough to evolve anything good? Will I have to start over if I do the transformation again, or does it save the form? What if I were to add the word Permanent?))

Pokemon (3) Ally. Order it to attack Toaster while fleeing from Toaster and away from others. Or just flee if I don't have the pool for it..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:42:40 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2015, 05:57:16 am »

((Darn you balancing. How am I supposed to use my evolution to the fullest if it doesn't last long enough to evolve anything good? Will I have to start over if I do the transformation again, or does it save the form? What if I were to add the word Permanent?))
((Add a middleman and summon a suit of armour that evolves or a sword that evolves or even an ally that evolves. Then again, having them separate from your body might lead to unfortunate consequences, since they might get hungry...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2015, 08:16:24 am »

Go for "symbiotic" then.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22