Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31207 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2015, 12:13:06 am »

Aww, I like my wordlist too..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2015, 12:18:58 am »

Well we'll keep it as it is for now then

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2015, 12:22:49 am »

It's all the same to me.

Just lemme know when I'm spawned in!

Or, if I'm already in, action sent!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:30:11 am by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2015, 12:24:34 am »

Hmm, let's see. +1 to awareness and +1 to pool

And other stuff
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2015, 12:27:27 am »

Newer system sounds fun. Memorize an attack or healing spell, or make word soup and memorize it if it's neat. Then we could summon a huge train of stealth bombers and fire them at somebody who transformed into a giant monster without having to wait three turns in between attacks. I think it would make it more like that video, PW.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:06 am »

I'm down for whatever.

Speaking of whatever, Self Incomprehensible(5)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2015, 09:11:10 am »

What new modes would there be?
Oh, like I said, Higher pool, no word lists, use memory to memorize spells for later use without requiring pool (Ie, summon a knife, then "memorize" it using one point of memory and summon it back at any time).

So, you'd be able to pluck words out of thin air? It would be fun to mess around with, but something tells me it would soon devolve into a game of "find the next black hole."

In any case, oversized pool seems pretty hard to balance. With a communal list, your players may not be able to create rings of control everything, but nigh-unlimited magic provides them with the resources to break just about any tidbit you put in front of them.

Personally, I think the wordlists add a feeling of specialization and strategy to the game. Unless you want your stats to suffer, you must build a minimalist wordlist that still accomplishes something useful. That means weighing the value of each word, deciding what your character will do, and coming up with creative ways to capitalize on your investments.

That's my two cents, anyway. It may be biased, considering I've put a lot of thought into my list as well.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2015, 12:22:30 pm »

What new modes would there be?
Oh, like I said, Higher pool, no word lists, use memory to memorize spells for later use without requiring pool (Ie, summon a knife, then "memorize" it using one point of memory and summon it back at any time).

So, you'd be able to pluck words out of thin air? It would be fun to mess around with, but something tells me it would soon devolve into a game of "find the next black hole."

In any case, oversized pool seems pretty hard to balance. With a communal list, your players may not be able to create rings of control everything, but nigh-unlimited magic provides them with the resources to break just about any tidbit you put in front of them.

Personally, I think the wordlists add a feeling of specialization and strategy to the game. Unless you want your stats to suffer, you must build a minimalist wordlist that still accomplishes something useful. That means weighing the value of each word, deciding what your character will do, and coming up with creative ways to capitalize on your investments.

That's my two cents, anyway. It may be biased, considering I've put a lot of thought into my list as well.

I agree. Also, sorry if my last post sounded a bit melodramatic.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »

By the way, Toaster, your choosable words are:
1:Forward
2:Backward
3:Left
4:Right
5:Bullet
6:Gun
7:Short-range
8:Long-range
9:Explosive
10:Shield
11:Fire
12:Knife
13:Armour
14:Self
15:Full Body
16:Stop
17:Clockwork
18:Organic
19:Orbiting
20:Silent

And you can grab up to 5

And Ren, your choosable words are:
1. Acid
2. Fire
3. Sword
4. Armor
5. Deflect
6. Summon
7. Bow
8. Arrow
9. Shield
10. Strong
11. Self
12. Mend
13. Electric
14. Water
15. Cloaking
16. Trap
17. Teleport
18. Forward
19. Back
20. Right

Target Pointing Explode(3) pointing at Toaster if I can see him. Otherwise, Pokemon (4) Ally. And maybe try to climb one of those pillars if not attacking Toaster's guy.

If I jump around enough, will I evolve wings?
[5+1]

I'm down for whatever.

Speaking of whatever, Self Incomprehensible(5)
Thrakor sees the lizard thing point at him, and immediately tries to run. However, he trips over his own feet and falls face first onto the ground.

The exposion is powerful, but not monsterously so, and lacks shrapnel. Still, it manages to blow both of Thrakor's legs off like a landmine.

Move up the stairs looking for other people. Try to stay out of sight/out of their way.
You move up to the third floor and you're on your way to the fourth when something explodes up there. You immediately reconsider your plans.

Accurate Holy (2) Sword

I'm not sure what the syntax is, but I'm trying to put 2 into Holy. If I got it wrong, lemme know.
You appear down on the first floor, in the center of the room.

You summon up a blade, a longsword that is fairly unremarkable in shape, but appears to be made of solid gold, and glows faintly.

Someone go tell Sy he's up.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »

I see, I see.  Just busy ATM.  Will post sheet soonish.

Edit:Done.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Also, was there a reason for Paris to get skipped?  He waitlisted before me and Hap, but hasn't spawned yet.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »

Are the maps static links that you update, or will there be a new link for each turn's maps?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2015, 09:40:38 pm »

Explosive Orbiting Armor Fullbody Clockwork +2 End

"Ouch!"

Fullbody(2) Clockwork(4) and let's hope this stops the whole "bleeding to death" thing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:47:56 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2015, 09:47:07 pm »

Are the maps static links that you update, or will there be a new link for each turn's maps?
They update.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2015, 10:13:57 pm »

((Hey Toaster, it's like TiM. Remember?))

Run around towards Thrakor just close enough to be in breath range and hit him with my breath. Hope to evolve a better breath weapon.
((I guess hidden actions aren't a thing, Piecewise? And did I evolve any more?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:15:29 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2015, 10:37:04 pm »

((Hey Toaster, it's like TiM. Remember?))
TIM? (I've wasted hours of my youth in that game. I always liked the fact that there was more than one ways to solve a problem. If anyone likes good puzzle games, I recommend it. Although you'd probably need a DOS emulator.)

Also, was there a reason for Paris to get skipped?  He waitlisted before me and Hap, but hasn't spawned yet.
I'm a bit busy in RL right now, so even if I wasn't skipped I would had probably asked to be put at the end of the waitlist. So it's like PW read my mind. I'll make an application when I'm less busy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22