Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31231 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2015, 10:17:04 am »

Also, would you guys like a different arena? And if so, what kind?

THE THUNDERDROME.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:31 am »

I think this game would benefit from a lot more cover and separate rooms.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2015, 12:15:58 pm »

Name: Herbert Pocus
6 potency
4 memory
5 pool
0 Everything else

Word list PM'd. It has a few fun ones, methinks.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »

Recharge Break.  If anyone attacks me, recharge gaze then gaze break them.  If nobody does, go find renegade and say "break(2)  held" while strangling his throat.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2015, 02:14:59 pm »

((At first I thought that rolling a 1 on 'gaze break' would break your gaze instead, making you blind. Is that a thing that can happen, pw, or are interpretations of words fixed?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

((That was my intention/hope.  Being blind is better than blowing a limb off, and probably easier to fix.

I really, really hope that meanings aren't fixed.  I deliberately tried to choose vague words, so that I could have a wider range of functionality due to context.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »

PM'd.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »

((That was my intention/hope.  Being blind is better than blowing a limb off, and probably easier to fix.

I really, really hope that meanings aren't fixed.  I deliberately tried to choose vague words, so that I could have a wider range of functionality due to context.))
((At first I thought that rolling a 1 on 'gaze break' would break your gaze instead, making you blind. Is that a thing that can happen, pw, or are interpretations of words fixed?))
Meanings aren't fixed, they're very open to interpretation, potency roll and situation. I will often be literal in their interpretation though, unless there are other ways to take it that make sense. In this case I took "Gaze break" to mean "Break what I'm looking at" however, it could also mean:
1. Break the target's eyes and render them blind, ie break their capacity to gaze or look.
2. Break your own eyes, since "Gaze break" has no target.
3. Break someone's line of sight on you, ie deflect their gaze, become invisible to them, etc
etc.

And, depending on the situation, some spells might take on different meanings For instance, toaster at one point summoned a window. If he had summoned a window and just set it down somewhere, as long as it was the only window, if he used the word "Defenestrate" it would automatically target that window. So if he had said "Defenestrate (insert name)" either they would have gone flying across the room and through that window, or the window would come flying over to them.

Oh and I think this would work best, so I'm going to say that you can target things by using their proper noun name as though it were a word.  So "Break toaster" would be a 2 point spell. Alternatively, you can dump more points into the name to make the targeting better.

You don't have to have the names in your list, anyone can use them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »

Enrage(3) and this time for real beat the fuck out of him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »

((So what you're saying is I should keep my name secret?  ;)))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »

Would the method of delivery alter the potency of the spell? As an example, assuming equal pool spent, would "Break Toaster" be weaker than "Gaze Break" while looking at Toaster, be weaker than "Touch Break" and actually touching him? It's a bit of a crude example but I think you can see where I'm going.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2015, 06:49:38 pm »

Would the method of delivery alter the potency of the spell? As an example, assuming equal pool spent, would "Break Toaster" be weaker than "Gaze Break" while looking at Toaster, be weaker than "Touch Break" and actually touching him? It's a bit of a crude example but I think you can see where I'm going.

Actually yes. In that given example, think of it like a sort of finite amount of energy.  When you do the touch break, it would put all that energy into a relatively small area, meaning less would be effected but the effected things would be broken more completely. Gaze break spreads it out over a larger area, meaning it does less to any individual thing hit.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:58 pm »

((Ha! Ah, Larry's fucked))

Trade "sword" for "sword", one point into Strength, one into pool. Try and wake up! If awake, recharge "organic", then "organic (3) armour". Maybe it'll help stabilize me? Who knows!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:29:26 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

If I use someone's name to target them, would I have to recharge the name?

Does using 'gaze X' to target with your gaze require a dex roll?  Does it allow a dex roll to dodge for people who are aware?
No, you don't have to recharge the name.

Yes, looking at someone with gaze does require a dex roll.

No, but only because it doesn't use dex. They get an awareness roll to notice you shouting at them, and then a speed roll to try and dodge it. Their speed vs your dex for aiming. Spells are basically always considered to be being "Fired" as opposed to just appear "on" someone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22