Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31217 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2015, 10:59:13 am »

Note that technically parasitism is a symbiotic relationship; what you want is a mutualistic relationship.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Lexicon
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2015, 12:45:33 pm »

((I just realized that I should have gone with 'heavy' over 'wide'.  More useful.))

Question: My pool is listed at 4.  If it recharges at the end of a round, then it should be 8.  Or does it recharge at the beginning, before any casting takes place?  In either case, as long as I have 8  pool by the time I cast, do the below:

Recharge break and gaze, then follow Bei and wait for someone to come along and stab me.  Glare at any stabbers and say "Gaze Break".  If nobody stabs me, look at Beirus instead and say "Gaze Break".

If I wouldn't have eight pool by the time I cast, for some reason, wait around until I do.

Question 2: Would killing Beirus instead of Toaster have any disadvantage for me?  Would I get less points since Bei hasn't killed anyone?  You didn't specify in the OP.

I just forgot to update the sheets. You're at 8. And no, you'd get more points by killing toaster. He's killed what, 2 people? So you'd get 6 points.

You recharge your words and then look at bei and say them again.

[3+1]

Bei seems to notice you looking at him while you speak and he immediately hurls himself backwards and out of your gaze. The stone where he was standing cracks violently as though someone smashed it with a sledge hammer.

"Organic (2) Sword". Pick up resulting sword, find someone to murderize with it, preferably on the same level as me. Point into Strength, if I do find someone.
[2+1]
Your spell summons a large...ok there's no getting around this. It's a horse dick. A big flaccid, floppy horse dick. You Ever read "Crossed"? Anyways. You grab your questionable weapon and look around for someone to murder. Luckily for you, a man has just made it up to your floor.
Continue the search for someone to poke with my pointy metal stick!
You climb up to the third floor and find what looks like a giant cockroach man holding a severed phallis. Clearly, this is something worth smiting. He's even steaming! Clearly the work of the devil.

Hap charges across the bridge at Larry, holding his glowing holy blade above his head and shouting a war cry. Larry just stands there, perfectly still, and waits. Hap closes the distance but Larry swings first, a super powered cock slap to Hap's head. The blow causes both Larry's "weapon" and hap's jaw to shatter apart. Larry's weapon bursts into nothingness, vanishing in a poof of magic, while Hap's pulverized jaw hangs off his face like a skin bag filled with raw hamburger and gravel. The blow flings him face first into the ground, not quite dead, but rapidly approaching it.

Beat the fuck out of Beirus for blowin' me legs.

((Darn you balancing. How am I supposed to use my evolution to the fullest if it doesn't last long enough to evolve anything good? Will I have to start over if I do the transformation again, or does it save the form? What if I were to add the word Permanent?))

Pokemon (3) Ally. Order it to attack Toaster while fleeing from Toaster and away from others. Or just flee if I don't have the pool for it..
Beirus ducks Thrakor's punch and yells a few words of his own...unfortunately nothing happens because he rolled a 1+1.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

"That wasn't...I didn't mean...heh, I think the universe was fucking with me right there."

WELP TIME FOR ANOTHER BEAT DOWN! Point back into Strength and beat him to death.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2015, 11:32:52 pm »

HERESY!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2015, 11:51:15 pm »

Why didn't you put this in the main rtd section? Derm and I didn't know about this game until we were told about it in a different thread. Anyway:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If I'm understanding this correctly, I use pool to "charge" words? Does a zero in a stat equal a -1?

Words pm'd.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2015, 12:58:03 am »

Why didn't you put this in the main rtd section? Derm and I didn't know about this game until we were told about it in a different thread. Anyway:

(( I believe it's cause PW is just doing some testing with it, and doesn't want to allow it to balloon into the massive size of the original Perplexicon right now. ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2015, 08:14:54 am »

Smash his bleedin' 'ead!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2015, 02:27:57 pm »

Ah, this is where it is. Same as ATHATH as far as finding it goes.
I'll be waitlisting, I guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »

I'm already on the waitlist, but I suppose I should go ahead and post my char sheet.

Name: Herbert Pocus
6 potency
4 memory
5 pool
0 Everything else
Spoiler: Wordlist (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »

Recharge "gaze break".  Say "gaze break" at Beirus if B retreats or attacks me.  Say it at Toaster if B attacks Toaster.

Quote from: ATHATH
If I'm understanding this correctly, I use pool to "charge" words? Does a zero in a stat equal a -1?

Zero gives a +0.  After using a word, it's considered expended, until you spend another pool to ready it.

Also, PW has said that he isn't keeping track of sheets, and probably words too.  You'll probably have to repost it when you spawn, if the game even lasts that long.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »

Recharge "gaze break".  Say "gaze break" at Beirus if B retreats or attacks me.  Say it at Toaster if B attacks Toaster.

Zero gives a +0.  After using a word, it's considered expended, until you spend another pool to ready it.

Also, PW has said that he isn't keeping track of sheets, and probably words too.  You'll probably have to repost it when you spawn, if the game even lasts that long.
Ah. That's good, because I'm thinking about changing my words.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:40 pm »

Dodge everything! Use pillars for cover!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

Oh dear. New people applying. Just to remind everyone, this is a test, not a game. I do intend to do a full game using this system, but I have to work out the actual rules of the system first, hence this thread. Speaking of rules, here are the ones I've got worked out so far.

Putting emphasis on a word by spending extra pool on it, which is shown by placing a (X) with X as the number spent after the word, you can increase the effects of that word. So "Explosion" might be like a firecracker going off, while "Explosion (3)" would be more like a hand grenade.

Powerful words, like Explosion, Black hole, Death, etc, need lots of emphasis to actually be as powerful as you think they should be.  A “Black hole” will be quite tiny and only dangerous if someone is right up next to it or it appears in them. A “Black hole (5)” will be very bad for just about everyone anywhere near it.

Transformations last the same number of turns as pool spent on them. "Transform Self Bear" will turn you into a bear for 3 turns.

Objects which have magical properties, such as being imbued with lighting or having the ability to shoot fireballs, use the pool that was used in their creation as a sort of battery, with the number of pool used in their creation equaling the number of times they can be used. An electrified blade would be used every time it connects with anything and electrifies it. After these uses are up, the object will vanish. Using the powers of objects requires will rolls, if applicable, like with a wand. If the object is projecting a continuous effect, then the battery is drained at a rate of 1 per turn. Players can chose to use up more of the battery then a single use when they use an object, which will increase the power of that object's effect. A staff that shoots fireballs can be drained of several points to shoot a giant fireball, for instance.

Summoned creatures follow basically the same rules as transformations and objects with magic properties. They exist for a number of turns equal to the amount of pool used to make them.  Summoned creatures come in as neutral entities if they don't have a word like “friendly” or “Ally” affixed to them; but the summoner can bind the creatures to their will by using a Will Roll and rolling 5 or higher.

It is possible to infuse more power into transformations, objects and summoned creatures, to increase their duration. Doing so, however, requires double the amount of pool then it would when being originally created. Ie, infusing one point so that it will last one more turn costs 2 points of pool. Infusing 2 points costs 4, etc.

Points of Pool can be used to increase stats to superhuman levels. The more points spent, the more the increase, though it only lasts a single turn. Note that while your stat is increased, your skill with it isn't, so you still roll with the same bonuses or penalties. You can dump 5 points into strength and become the hulk, but if you have 0 points in str, you're more likely to just punch yourself in the gut and explode like a soggy sausage.

When two objects are clashing, such as someone trying to cut through armor, assuming the person's rolls are effective, the effect depends on the amount of pool used to create the objects. “Hard (4) armor” vs a “sharp sword” will be a 5 vs 2 comparison. You can consider that the amount of points in each object is something like HP, so a hit from that sharp sword will reduce the armor's effective HP to 3. Which means that it would take 3 hits for the sword to break through the armor. Note that not all clashes work this way (A “Delicious (5) sandwich” will not smash straight through a “Steel Armor” and a “Lightning (2)” will just travel through metal armor regardless of numbers). Use your best judgment.
Dodge everything! Use pillars for cover!
You run off and hide behind the nearest stone pillar.

Smash his bleedin' 'ead!
You run after Beirus and take another swing at him. He ducks your haymaker punch and your metal fist smashes the stone just above his head, blowing out a small crater and filling the air with fine grayish dust.

HERESY!
I just noticed that Hapah's word list has some very wrong words.

"From right hand" isn't a word hap. Thats three words. I'm charging you for the use of all three individually and if you survive this turn you're gonna have to change your list.

Your spell fizzles anyways.

Well, you recharge your words but Beirus has already run out of your line of sight and getting him back into your vision would require getting much closer.

"That wasn't...I didn't mean...heh, I think the universe was fucking with me right there."

WELP TIME FOR ANOTHER BEAT DOWN! Point back into Strength and beat him to death.
Hap somehow manages to roll out of the way of your strikes, even after his spell fizzles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:30 pm »

Balls. I'm so dead!

Stab him with the stabby stick!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2015, 10:57:51 pm »

Point into Speed for dodging, point into Strength for face punching! Yay!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:38:38 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22