Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25832 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2015, 01:26:07 am »

In the center of the cylinder is a 7-foot tall man wearing power armor reminiscent of the Roman Lorica Segmentata, and wielding gladius with a red glow around the blade. As the three killbots enter the cylinder he raises his arms parallel to the ground with his open palms facing them and slowly walks towards them, slightly gesturing to the surrounding debris. “Think the three of you will fair better.”

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:28:09 am by armach »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2015, 01:29:15 am »

The traveller holds very still.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:13 am »

Koi scans the room.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:53 am »

Cobb sniffs the air to fulfil a similar purpose.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2015, 01:39:59 am »

Titus turns around and spots those who fell into the room. He seems briefly surprised but then tightens his grip on his sword. "Ah, so they finally send in organics. It's has been a bit boring without seeing blood get spilled." He waves his left hand over the light on his sword and the color changes from red to gold. 

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2015, 01:40:43 am »

Koi scans the room.
The floor and ceiling seem to be the same white substance as everywhere. The walls are black yet slightly reflective, like polished obsidian, but aside from that it seems to have more in common with the other surfaces. The robot parts littering the floor seem to contain evidence of surprisingly few ranged weapons, indicating melee bots (and thus likely built for sport), though there are a few broken, short-range DEW parts amongst the litter. The active ones that just entered appear to be a tanklike design with several arms, each tipped in a different weapon, a rather dinosaurian shaped one with many sharp edges and some kind of thermal weapon mounted on the arms, and another that looks like a cannon on legs. The bots are around 7 feet tall.

Titus turns around and spots those who fell into the room. He seems briefly surprised but then tightens his grip on his sword. "Ah, so they finally send in organics. It's has been a bit boring without seeing blood get spilled." He waves his left hand over the light on his sword and the color changes from red to gold. 
"Ahp! Wait! This is a rescue!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2015, 01:44:14 am »

Koi goes and kicks the bot with the thermal weapon. Heat is the only real danger.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2015, 01:47:59 am »

(I should clarify: the room is about the diameter of a soccer field, making for a decent sized arena. There is some distance to close to meet the bots, while Titus is probably the more imminent aggressor.)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2015, 01:50:04 am »

He seems a bit skeptical. "Rescue? I thought this was a some kind of vacation I won in a lottery. Your probably trying to trick me into letting my guard down." He keeps his battle stance.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2015, 01:50:31 am »

((Then assume Koi sprinted. It's not like he needs to limit his running.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2015, 01:59:40 am »

He seems a bit skeptical. "Rescue? I thought this was a some kind of vacation I won in a lottery. Your probably trying to trick me into letting my guard down." He keeps his battle stance.
Cobb fishes out a beer bottle from his pouch and offers it to Titus.
"Take that, you'll be needing a stiff one."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2015, 02:01:41 am »

(Titus should probably react to the sprinting)

"You think they'd send in a short guy with a missing hand, an old man, and an unconscious lady to put up a fight against someone who's obviously capable of tearing killbots apart?"

Koi goes and kicks the bot with the thermal weapon. Heat is the only real danger.
The bot nimbly jumps out of the way, delivering a small cut to Koi's scalp with its tail as it does so. The walking cannon swerves around and crouches to take aim. Koi picks up the telltale hum of magnetic coils, indicating a kinetic weapon, though who knows what it's loaded with?

"... though, granted, we did bring a bodybuilder, a talking bear, and a heavily auged midget."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2015, 02:11:26 am »

((Koi ain't a midgit. Gotta be smaller than 4 feet for that.))

The cut heals nearly instantly, Koi shifts his primary awareness mode to his sensor suite, allowing 360 visibility in all spectrums before dashing at the cannonbot, should it engage firing, there should be a small increase in energy output before the round actually goes off, he leaps over this if it happens and smashes it's legs upon landing. And if not, he ducks under it and smashes the legs.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2015, 02:17:26 am »

Titus prepares to fight as Koi sprints but is surprised to see him run past him towards the machines.
Cobb fishes out a beer bottle from his pouch and offers it to Titus.
"Take that, you'll be needing a stiff one."
"Uh, no thanks." He answers dumbfounded. After listening to the Traveler, Titus relents and relaxes. "Fine, but at the first sign of treachery I won't hesitate to cut you all down. Now if you excuse me." He turns and charges the Dinosaurian bot, his sword still supercharged with energy, planning to cut it in half. He makes sure to dodge a ranged attack and deflect a melee attack.   

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2015, 02:28:48 am »

(The traveller's got a facetious streak. In truth, he's not much taller than Koi, being under 6 feet. Though to Titus most of the party probably seems rather short.)

The cannon-bot compensates for this and fires upwards, catching Koi with a net of some kind, but on landing it seems that only his upper body is ensnared, leaving his legs free. The theropod-bot seems to have begun leaping about in a circle around this new fighter. The many-armed bot begins trundling around to position Koi between itself and the cannon bot.

"Fine, but at the first sign of treachery I won't hesitate to cut you all down. Now if you excuse me." He turns and charges the Dinosaurian bot, his sword still supercharged with energy, planning to cut it in half. He makes sure to dodge a ranged attack and deflect a melee attack.   
However, as Titus charges in to engage, the armbot points one of its appendages at him, firing a (easily deflected) harpoon. The theropod-bot leaps away from him as he approaches, and the cannon sidesteps away from Koi. Of the bots, that one seems the slowest.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34