Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25906 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 12:32:09 am »

"You're telling me. Is that a fairy flying about us?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2015, 12:33:20 am »

The older man, currently not entirely responsive, is smoking an ape-shaped pipe with an intrigued expression on his face, smiling faintly. When picked up, he orients his head in a mechanical way to look at the strange kidnappers, his eyes scanning them in their entirety. Taking a long drag off the pipe, he sighs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2015, 12:45:59 am »

The stranger with the bag slaps Axel across the face. "Nope. Sorry to say, doesn't look like you're dreaming. Oh, and look who's come to! Yeah, sorry about the weird introductions, but believe it or not this is a rescue. What's your name? Also, not a fairy. Well, technically. Wings are totally fake. Well, they work. But they're artificial. Still trying to figure out cat-boy there. Some kind of genetic graft, I'm guessing. So, Fune was it? Can you be a dear and fetch my thingamabob from the ceiling? We're kind of probably going to need it again."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2015, 12:56:37 am »

After rubbing his cheek from the wake up call Axel began to speak solemnly however his tone begacame more jovial, "That must mean I am far from home! No more tyranny,  ha ha! This isn't America is it? Oh I could kiss you -- your nams was? all whilst -bear- hugging his savior but not before gently letting the older man down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:59:24 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2015, 12:59:40 am »

"Tiny? You do see this little ol' wound from my wrist to my elbow yes? True, it'll clot soon but it's still bleeding."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 01:11:34 am »

"You're some sort of magician, aren't ye? Either that or the mead was mouldier than I thought.

Or was it beer? I can't bloody remember...."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 01:19:47 am »

"No, no. I'm pretty sure these two are magic." He pats the lizardman and the upright robed man on the shoulders. "But I mostly run on tech. Mostly. Doesn't hurt to have some of everything. Never know what you might run into. Anyways, nothing to do with the beer I'm afraid. Some jerkovs with probably stolen hardware are grabbing random people from different universes to... I dunno, probably petty entertainment, if I read the handbill correctly. Metaphorically speaking. They don't seem to have any scientific equipment lying around, at least not any to take seriously."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 01:27:58 am »

"Feh. Just an occupational hazard of being a connoisseur of fine drink, getting kidnapped while yer drunk out of yer skull...."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 02:04:57 am »

"Tiny? You do see this little ol' wound from my wrist to my elbow yes? True, it'll clot soon but it's still bleeding."
"I see it. It's absolutely tiny. Do you have a genetic defect or something?" Koi pulls up his sleeve, extends one of his fingerclaws, and slices longways from his wrist to his elbow. Very little blood comes out, and the gash can be seen visibly closing and healing. "Tiny."

"Really, do you have a defective genome? They can fix that."

((Koi hasn't interacted with humans before, he thinks it's normal to be able to get hit by a car, get up, and keep walking.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:40:31 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2015, 02:24:10 am »

"Yeah, you're definitely genetic graft. I'm guessing you're some kind of 'been in space for ever' type. And what with the magic, I'm guessing he's from a 'plane,' not a 'brane,' so chances are 'they' don't know what a gene is where he comes from."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 03:29:01 am »

"Not grafted. Born as. Grafting means chimeric. Part one genome, part other. Mine is fully one genome. Chimaric grafting of genomes is wasteful and prone to cellular level rejection. More efficient methods exist. Ancestors were altered. Fully one genome. Not chimeric. They produced offspring. Said offspring produced offspring. Externally decided tweaks made each generation. As well as internally decided tweaks. Eventually ended up with me."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:40:59 pm by Kevak »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2015, 04:02:36 am »

"I see it. It's absolutely tiny. Do you have a genetic defect or something?" Koi pulls up his sleeve, extends one of his fingerclaws, and slices longways from his wrist to his elbow. Very little blood comes out, and the gash can be seen visibly closing and healing. "Tiny."

"Really, do you have a defective genome? They can fix that."

((Koi hasn't interacted with humans before, he thinks it's normal to be able to get hit by a car, get up, and keep walking.))

Sheotl hadn't spent much time in with these so-called scientists ever since he fell into the Rift, but he did no genomes were something important. "My people do not...heal so easily. We usually spend some time waiting to heal or asking the spirits for help. Some folks use a bit of the arcane, although personally I never trusted it myself. Not my style. You can reason with a spirit, not so much with pure magic."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2015, 04:14:47 am »

"That sounds annoying. How do you survive getting stabbed thirty seven times in the chest if you don't heal it within half an hour?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:41:35 pm by Kevak »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2015, 04:20:16 am »

"I must be drunker than usual if I just heard that correctly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2015, 06:15:36 am »

"I do enjoy being carried," the old man says, becoming slowly more articulate as he experimentally strides about in long, highly precise steps, speaking mostly to himself as he does so. "I rode in a beetle-lifted palanquin once, you know. Marvelous beetles those were, all shining synthmetal, silver-plated and gem-encrusted. A smoother or more stylish ride you could only dream of in my day. Shame I couldn't rent it for longer."

He smiles and blows purple smoke out of his nostrils.

"Are we going somewhere?" he asks, turning his head to the others.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34