Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25900 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2015, 05:22:53 pm »

"It's quite understandable. So... what should we do now? Other than not die or get hurt, that part is obvious."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »

"Get out of here. Maybe break some more people out. Possibly bring this whole place crashing down." They turn a corner, and find themselves overlooking a large, square room, with a huge cylinder in the middle. The cylinder seems to be translucent from the outside, and opaque from the inside. Inside, a young woman seems to be in a room with antique furniture, looking somewhat confused as she drinks tea in company with a Mlrmnk. Several other Mlrmnk seem to observe this scene from the outside, murmuring in their strange voices. The man holds up a hand for the others to stop.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2015, 06:01:26 pm »

"The words you use, they carry no meaning to me, but if there is one thing I understand that would be a girl in trouble. And you just cannot expect me to sit by!" Belaying the traveler's gesture for the group to stop the strongman sprints forward and looks upon the fuzzy cone creatures. "You will let that young lady go!" he shouts.
I've lost control of my life.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »

EDIT:
Apparently the lady in question doesn't see any of this going on and doesn't comment after all.

No tea for you, then.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2015, 06:11:41 pm »

The man knocks on the air in front of him, making a thunk thunk! sound. Apparently, not a ledge dropping into the room. "Viewing balcony, it seems. We've wandered into the expensive seats. I don't think they can hear us up here."

The lady in question looks surprised at the newest guest, but after a moment smiles and speaks with a British accent.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized we were expecting company. Do have a seat. The tea is still warm. Would you have one lump or two?"
(She can't see anything outside the cylinder, which seems to have wallpaper on the inside)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »

"Well we cannot just let her be subjected to those -- things!" Axel appears visibly upset, even over someone that he doesn't even know. He speaks up again, "Damn it, find a way to help the poor girl!".

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2015, 06:36:07 pm »

The lady is seen laughing at something the Mlrmnk sitting across from her says, then pours him...her? It? ...some more tea.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2015, 06:45:14 pm »

"You fools! She is clearly under a spell- or just under the influence of drugs or a hologram projector. If you don't mind, I'm going to try a little experiment."

No looks very strongly at the alien the trapped woman is drinking tea with. No blinking happens whatsoever. After a few seconds, the alien begins to shake, quivering rapidly.

"It's usually a bit more powerful... maybe I just need to make a few essences."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2015, 06:47:07 pm »

"Or they're simply being nice to her."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:43:36 pm by Kevak »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2015, 06:50:35 pm »

"That seems unlikely. More likely they're brainwashing her for their entertainment."

The gaze continues, the alien shakes faster. No's eyes water slightly.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2015, 06:58:07 pm »

The lady sets her tea down and reaches out to pat the poor Mlrmnk, thinks better of it and instead looks on with concern.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2015, 07:00:37 pm »

"From the looks of it, it's either an experiment or some form of entertainment. Maybe both. Wouldn't make sense to brainwash her; would confound the whole thing...and ruin the entertainment value in my opinion."

Sheotl looked at No and waited. Still nothing. This is why he never liked dealing with the arcane.

"I wonder if that creature's blood would be serviceable for a sacrifice. Hmm..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »

The woman sets her tea down and stands. Frowning, she looking around the room, as if for something. Speaking aloud, but apparently not receiving any answer.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »

Koi switches through several visual formats across the EM spectrum to determine what material the wall is.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »

"Ooh, I dunno if I can handle all this. You people are so strange." Axel speaks feebly, looking over to Cobb and gesturing his hands for some good old liquid courage. He chuckles and adds, "And know I'm trying to bum a drink from a bear in overalls".
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34