Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25822 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2015, 07:18:41 pm »

Tiring of all the talk of magic Axel wanders off to find the elder man, "Are you in need of aid with that odd device, mister, uh -- what was it?"
I've lost control of my life.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:28 pm »

(Was at the Ren Faire today)

"He just looks like the face-chewing type. No, I saw his name when I hacked the controls. And no, I'm not a real human. We can talk about that later. Really hurry up with that device, please! Sorry to be snappy, but we need it!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:04 am »

Tiring of all the talk of magic Axel wanders off to find the elder man, "Are you in need of aid with that odd device, mister, uh -- what was it?"

"Mr. Bloodscream, friendo, and..." he starts to say, then dives out of the hole gracefully, grabbing the whatsit in the same fluid motion, landing on the ground in a messy-looking roll, coming to a stop flat on his back. He chuckles. "... not quite anymore."

He lifts up his arm and chucks the device at the Traveller lightly and with no small amount of precision. For a few moments, he breathes slowly, then starts to get up in a ponderous fashion, clearly discomfited by the landing. "That was quite the shake for my internals, you know. You lot shouldn't be letting an old man put himself in mortal danger like this."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2015, 12:08:51 am »

The traveller catches the gadget without missing a beat, and says "Oh, come off it, the floor's bouncy. Now, how do we go about this, eh? I'm sure we haven't much time until someone comes investigating about that little panic we just caused. Chop chop, keep moving, don't stop!"

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2015, 12:12:48 am »

"Bloodscream? That is a -- curious name, to say the least. Well, if I recall, you are a fan of being carried, yes?" Axel says as he crouches down a bit to the older man's level. "I'll lift you upon my shoulders if you would like, lighten the burden." the strongman wears a warm smile and gestures for Mister Bloodscream.

Quickly turning at the Traveller's words Axel responds,"Open the damn thing, get the girl, and vamoose!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:25 am »

"Yes! Excellent idea! But are we ready to deal with the alien? Or shall we just go with 'improvise?' It is just one, after all. What can you do with those essences you've got right now, magic newt?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2015, 07:06:00 am »

"... with a few shards, the mind roulette would be a possibility- but since I don't have any of those... yes, I can get rid of him. Would you like him crispy, cold, or completely and utterly insane?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2015, 09:55:59 am »

"Bloodscream? That is a -- curious name, to say the least. Well, if I recall, you are a fan of being carried, yes?" Axel says as he crouches down a bit to the older man's level. "I'll lift you upon my shoulders if you would like, lighten the burden." the strongman wears a warm smile and gestures for Mister Bloodscream.

"Very kind of you to offer. I do believe I will take you up on that offer," says Facechewer, straightening himself out, bones cricking all over.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2015, 11:45:35 am »

"Very well then, up you go." the strongman lifts Bloodscream's somewhat rickety frame upon his shoulders, striding back to the group he says,"Now let us see what can be done about that young woman, yes?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:06 pm »

(Once I open the thing, we'll be waiting on LordBucket)

"Don't kill the cone, if you can avoid it. That might make things difficult later. Can you freeze it solid?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

"I can certainly make the attempt. Though that seems a bit mundane..."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:45 pm »

"Freezing somebody solid is also lethal, you know."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »

"Well, good sir, that is not somebody."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:07:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

"But isn't it a lifeform of some sort? Admittedly, a silicon-based one, apparently? If so, it might not have any water in it at all and be filled with nonpolar solvents instead, like hydrocarbons perhaps, in which case freezing it is a questionable proposition. If it does have silicon-hydrogen bonds in it, however, it should react violently with water, so there's that."

Facechewer cricks his neck a little from atop Axel's shoulders.

"I can't believe I still remember those xeno-seminars, honestly. But yes, if it has water in it, freezing it will render the creature non-viable. Preserved, yes, provided there is an extreme rate of cooling, somewhere on the order of a thousand kelvins per second, but non-viable."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:09:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2015, 02:08:53 pm »

"I'll just give it copies of my horrible mage training memories. That would leave anyone short of a Nevermore a sniveling heap."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34