Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CAN YOU RIDE BEARS?  (Read 4814 times)

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CAN YOU RIDE BEARS?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

Only invaders can mount things.  maybe any civ can during worldgen battles, but I honestly cant remember ever seeing mounts in the battle lists.  Allied species sure, but I cant recall seeing beakdogs or anything...

I think.. and you should doublecheck the wiki here.. that you can train anything, though things without the right tags will eventually revert to wildness over subsequent generations.  I have not done animal training in a long time, so definitely refer to the wiki.

"You can make bears (already trainable) rideable. In other words, war bears.."   < with mods.

im quite sure the page i read it from came from dwarf fortress entry in tropes wikia...but since there is like a whole bookload of tropes for fortress mode only i cant be arsed to go through it again...ill post it here if i come up on it. but otherwise just consider my opinion proven wrong.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »

Tropes? no, I meant the DF wiki with all the fan supported game documentation, like is linked at the top of every forum page.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Mount

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »

Tropes? no, I meant the DF wiki with all the fan supported game documentation, like is linked at the top of every forum page.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Mount

naw the passage that i was reading was (with 80% certainty) from tropes wiki. it read something like "with adequately skilled trainers you can even mount dragons"

or it read. train dragons. as i said i cant recall. also both tropes wikia and df wikia are fan supported and fanmade.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 03:01:16 pm »

You can't ride things in fortress mode, period. If you give me a screenshot of a dwarf riding a bear, I might change my mind, but no less than that.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 03:09:26 pm »

You can't ride things in fortress mode, period. If you give me a screenshot of a dwarf riding a bear, I might change my mind, but no less than that.

so you forced me to take a 10 minutes wiki trip for nothing?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 03:20:38 pm »

RIP your time. But yeah, mounts aren't yet available to Dorfs. No battle yaks yet.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 03:28:35 pm »

RIP your time. But yeah, mounts aren't yet available to Dorfs. No battle yaks yet.
At least I have my war goats.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 03:31:41 pm »

so you forced me to take a 10 minutes wiki trip for nothing?

ill take your word for it.

but yeah i still found out that you can mod the mounts in
Pages: 1 2 [3]