Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 56445 times)

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #555 on: May 17, 2015, 06:32:01 pm »

This debate with the beast who cant think beyond it's hammer bores me. There is no point argueing with the unreasonable. We will see the result in the actual fight.
May the Force be with you. Or rather-May the knives be (stuck) in you.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:35:24 pm by Elagn »
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 17, 2015, 06:32:37 pm »

Heh, aren't you going to add the explosion of Pliskin's head to your signature?

Just did now!
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »

Well, that was annoying. I tried to see how the results in the battle between Mogwai and Crush would turn out on my own, just to get a general idea. I didn't turn off the minotaur natural skills, and as such, the battles were neither accurate or pretty. In case anyone is wondering, if a minotaur gets their natural skills in the tournament, it isn't anywhere close to a fair fight.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:30 pm »

**Acidental Double-Post**
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:14:43 pm by Elagn »

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2015, 07:03:55 pm »

I believe minautors are naturally expert at weapons, which is the exact skill level Crush is at right now! How do you like your odds now?!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:07:14 pm by kiershar »
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2015, 07:11:15 pm »

I've removed all of the Minotaurs natural skills, and boy are there a ton, do not worry.

Shall I wait for Hodekin to respond or give the most relevant upgrades to him and go on with the semi-finals?
I've lost control of my life.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »

I had forgotten the natural skills, and with the skills I gave, the minotaur was legendary + some in hammering, and higher in other relevant skills too. THAT is why it had been overpowered

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »

Woah! I did not think I'd survive Bax... I guessed he'd win two out of three fights or so.

Minotaurs, however. Hodekin began his gladiator life fighting against cows, and Orthus will be another head on the trophy wall. Not fighting a puny man this time, but the legendary decapitator!

-Hodekin the Legendary Decapitator-
Managed by _italics_
[Points]
290 + 294 + 290 = 874
[Equipment]
Steel dagger: 64
[Skills]
Grand Master Knife User: 390
Great Dodger: 112
Competent observer: 18
Novice Fighter: 3
Total: 874/874

edit: formatting

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2015, 07:19:36 pm »

Perfect! I can begin the semi-finals!

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2015, 07:22:10 pm »

Awesome, thanks for waiting, I had a visitor all day. And thank you Unraveller for the accurate depiction of our fight!

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2015, 07:23:06 pm »

Woah! I did not think I'd survive Bax... I guessed he'd win two out of three fights or so.

It was more like 60/40 in favor of Hodekin according to the tests I ran beforehand. Good fight!

I had forgotten the natural skills, and with the skills I gave, the minotaur was legendary + some in hammering, and higher in other relevant skills too. THAT is why it had been overpowered

When the tournament first opened, I tested some races to see which ones performed well. I wondered why the minotaur was even an option until Unraveller mentioned that the natural skills were removed.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

Semi Finals Match I
Orthus the Manflayer VS. Hodekin the Legendary Decapitator

Welcome back ladies and gentle, thank you for waiting! Welcome back to the peaceful meadows, where we see a bovine grazing in his natural habitat! This is one of two semi-final matches so pay close attention folks.

Orthus the Manflayer, what can be said, some people might call his need for skinning his opponents alive unsavory. I call it a healthy obsession. This 220,000 Urist beast is looking to make itself a beautiful pair of kobold hide trousers, shall we see if they come to fruition?

This whole David and Goliath trope just keeps popping up in this tourney, here we have an extremely deadly gladiator, one whose seemed to earn a new title, and rightfully so. Please welcome this 20,000 Urist kbold, Hodekin the Legendary Decapitator! This little creature is looking for a new mantle piece, and hes sized up this minotaur just for it.

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Amazingly one of our most physically dominant gladiators was unable to do more than bruise this little 'bold with his weighty platinum whip! And while Hodekin was unable to remove the cow's head, at least he'll be able to keep a souvenir, a hand to be exact! Well done to the both of you!

Hodekin, if you will upgrade yourself real quick, that'd be great!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:36:49 pm by Unraveller »

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2015, 07:38:58 pm »

Hahahahah yessss go Hodekin go!

Kobolds seem fond of removing body parts. Must have quite a collection by now eh?
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2015, 07:40:33 pm »

Supervene? Something extraneous? What? Souvenir?

The gif was cached in a frozen state on my side btw, it's fixed now.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:49 pm »

Kobold seem like professional dismemberers to me. And it gets slightly horryfying when they mince creatures far bigger than them.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45