Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 56396 times)

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #585 on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:24 pm »

I'll cheer for Hodekin assuming there is still Bax blood on his knife.

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 17, 2015, 08:18:02 pm »

Nooo! Crush!
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 17, 2015, 08:20:48 pm »

OK - Mogwai's Updates

Before:
Grand Master (14) Dodger
Great (11) Knife User
Master (12) Observer
Skilled (4) Fighter
And 2 Large Bronze Daggers

Points 12*2=24+360=*384*

After:
Grand Master (14) Knife User -195 points
Grand Master (14) Observer - -81 points
Expert (8) Fighter - -78 points
Adequete (2) Swimer - -6 points

Grand Master (14) Dodger
2 Large Bronze Daggers

24 points left
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 17, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »

Alright, I'd just like everyone to know that I really don't think it would be viable to run this tournament more often than once a month. Also that it just drains me considering that I have to check back constantly. With that said, I loved doing it and am dedicated to doing more. As for having this on a different topic, I am unsure. On one hand it would keep order, on the other hand, I really like seeing that something I've made has so many pages and views, plus that can make it seem reputable for those looking for a community game. Input?
I've lost control of my life.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 17, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »

-Hodekin the Legendary Decapitator- Managed by _italics_
[Points]
290 + 294 + 290 + 290 = 1164
[Equipment]
Steel dagger: 64
Steel helm: 48
Steel gauntlet x2: 32
Steel high boots x2: 40
Steel mail shirt: 96
[Skills]
Grand Master Knife User: 390
Great Dodger: 112
Competent observer: 18
Talented Fighter: 63
Competent Armor User: 18
Total: 1162/1164

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 17, 2015, 08:23:35 pm »

Excellent, I shall post the finals tonight. As for animated anything, that might be a challenge. Considering just how much stronger something becomes when turning undead. I'm sill iffy on firemen, but these are conversations for a different time.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 17, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »

Is be happy to run the next tournament, if there's enough demand for it to happen more than once a month.

Also, WHOA. Crush saved his points and racked up double, but Mogwai still slew him without breaking a sweat. That seems to point towards some kind of imbalance, in favor of the smaller gladiators.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 17, 2015, 08:27:06 pm »

I think it will be much easier to run if you have set deadlines so you have all the information in advance. E.g. all entrants needs to be in before the 14th of June, matches start at 17pm, upgrades need to be in by the next day at 10am, etc. I'm also thinking if someone doesn't give you the information, you can count it as no points spent, so there is less for you to do.  (Of course participants can enter upgrades blindly in advance if you don't think you can be there etc.)

We should make a second thread about tournament format and ideas.

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 17, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »

Alright, I'd just like everyone to know that I really don't think it would be viable to run this tournament more often than once a month. Also that it just drains me considering that I have to check back constantly. With that said, I loved doing it and am dedicated to doing more. As for having this on a different topic, I am unsure. On one hand it would keep order, on the other hand, I really like seeing that something I've made has so many pages and views, plus that can make it seem reputable for those looking for a community game. Input?

That's understandable. I'm hoping someone else is willing to host another one soon. I think different topics would be easier to manage and you could link the old ones in the main posts so people can see the history. Alternatively, you could just make a make link to the page of the next tournament on the first post.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 17, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »

Right, we can talk about that later, and for the monthly thing, I say pick whatever doesn't take too much time from more important things :)

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 17, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »

I'm willing to host mini-tournaments or gauntlets after the first week of June.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 17, 2015, 08:29:09 pm »

Oh, I just noticed, the last fight says "Quarter Finals" when it Semi-Finals. I just had to point that out.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:38 pm »

Is be happy to run the next tournament, if there's enough demand for it to happen more than once a month.

Also, WHOA. Crush saved his points and racked up double, but Mogwai still slew him without breaking a sweat. That seems to point towards some kind of imbalance, in favor of the smaller gladiators.

The only problem I see with running it more often is that people will likely become burnt out quicker, thus it losing popularity and soon dying out. At least that is my understanding of it.

But by all means, I'm really interested in a separate league that has two man teams, if you'd be interested in that, then awesome. Perhaps find a time to run it between my once a month single elimination tourneys. So that they do not overlap.

We shall begin the balancing process after the finals!

I'd be happy to discuss all format and such as well after the finals.

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 17, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »

I feel that if we do this more than monthly, we may lose interest. It was awesome to see that much participation, that would be a shame to lose that. Too much of a good thing tends to ruin it.

I agree that setting deadlines in advance will simplify the process a lot.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 17, 2015, 08:39:48 pm »

Well, Mogwai's going to loose. I ran several tests myself. Mogwai can hit first and better, but he cant penetrate the steel armor. I should've thought of that, but too late now.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45