Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34802 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 2: Everything Seems Fine [8/9]
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2015, 11:53:02 pm »

Your second scumchoice has your vote ever since Day end?
Compared to Teneb, how...valid do you actually think a 'last minute vote before day end' would actually help the Cult and act as a signifier in singling out the ONE cultist in D1?
Why was your second scumchoice holding your ONE vote?
Because, if I didnt do that, and I voted for Teneb, it would result in a no-lynch. I was choosing between a no-lynch and lynching my second scumchoice. In my opinion, a lynch is always better than no-lynch.

Roo: Were you protected last night?

OSG: No, I wouldnt protect roo. The reason being because if I protected someone else, I might have a chance of choosing the cultist. Even if I didnt, I would know that the person I protected is probably town still.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2015, 03:29:43 am »

Roo: Were you protected last night?
Quickpost: Jack!
Does anyone know if they are jailed? (ie Even vanilla townies?)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2015, 08:18:50 am »

The way I was thinking about it, if everyone said they would protect roo, then we could assume he was still town since the only people who had a reason to lie would be the scum, and they can't protect him. If some people said no, which happened, then there is no real downside.
...But you worded your question in a...more decentralized way.
As in, people are already putting that hypothetical that 'I'm the jailer and what would I do'. So it doesn't have that much of an impact that way.

This way, the real jailor could stay anonymous.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2015, 09:59:28 am »

Quickpost: Jack!
Does anyone know if they are jailed? (ie Even vanilla townies?)
Tiruin: No.  If, for instance, the cult leader had been jailed, they would only know that their action had failed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2015, 11:26:39 am »

Well. Ok then, I guess you can ignore my question roo...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2015, 02:19:39 pm »

OSG, why do you think roo means that he was recruited? The phrasing seems more likely to mean that he's asking to be recruited.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2015, 02:29:22 pm »

OSG, why do you think roo means that he was recruited? The phrasing seems more likely to mean that he's asking to be recruited.
I have no idea if he was recruited or not. I am waiting for him to respond to clear some things up. I was just telling Tiruin what was going through my head at the time even though I realize that there are several other possibilities.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2015, 02:44:08 pm »

The more pressing question I think is: Are the people who think I could be cult parnoid townies? That seems highly likely in this instance. No offense intended I doubt that osg would as cult/cult leader do what he just did i.e. question my alignment. Although I would have trusted him more if he voted me the lack if vote makes me wonder if he is worried about appearances.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2015, 02:46:46 pm »

The more pressing question I think is: Are the people who think I could be cult parnoid townies? That seems highly likely in this instance. No offense intended I doubt that osg would as cult/cult leader do what he just did i.e. question my alignment. Although I would have trusted him more if he voted me the lack if vote makes me wonder if he is worried about appearances.
Knowing roo, he's never going to answer. Which is probably for the best.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »

roo, how is that a more pressing issue than you clarifying whether you were admitting to being a cultist now or asking to be made a cultist tonight?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2015, 04:15:06 pm »

Finally finished the bullcrap I had to.

Im going to vote Taneb at least until he comes back on.
Regarding what you said about my questions to GeMe at the end of D1, I was attempting to see if GeMe would slip and reveal if he was the cultist. I attempted to do that by asking questions, because I doubted a straight out attack would do much other than make him nervous and defensive. Yes, it was unorthodox, especially compared to my usual tactics, but I wanted to try it. And besides, if I wanted advice on what not to do I would've asked someone with more experience, rather than a complete newbie.

As for why there were so little posts, it's because I had to finish a paper for an extremely self-centered and nitpicking teacher. Also, it's Teneb, not Taneb, by the way.

Everyone, if you were the jailor, would you have protected roo? (be honest)
No. I would base my decision on what I'd do ask scum, which would be to target someone else. The reasoning behind it is pure WIFOM, though, as others have pointed. If roo is confirmed town, jailor protects roo, so I go after someone else. Unless the jailor anticipates that and also targets someone else. It goes on from there.

OSG
man I feel like town is gonna lose. Cult recruit me. Ultimate wifom moment...
They did recruit you?
What's going on your mind as this is asked--other than return the obvious question?
In my oppinion, what roo said here is absolutely stupid. If he is a cultist member, then he just possibly ruined the game for the cultist. If he's lying, then he could have just guaranteed his lynch which could ruin the game for the town. Either way, he's hurting whatever team he's on. I find it more likely that he was recruited and is unhappy with his team transition. I still won't vote 'till a bit later.
Do you still hold the above opinion?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »

Still think its Peradon. No one else seems super scummy.

zombie urist wazzaaaaap?
Not much.

I would be ok with his lynch but I still prefer Peradon at the moment.
Could you explain why? I thought I explained satisfactorily enough why I did what I did.
I guess I'm ok with your explanation for voting TDS even if its not very original. I also still think you were making up your gambit and such.

ZU, how is giving a weak answer to a question scummier than piggybacking off someone else's arguments (since that's the problem you gave when voting for Peradon)?
I'm voting Peradon for multiple reasons which combined I think makes him scummier than TDS was.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2015, 07:02:44 pm »

roo, how is that a more pressing issue than you clarifying whether you were admitting to being a cultist now or asking to be made a cultist tonight?
1.) asks you to assume I am that bad. If you think I am well you have you answer
2.) How is me asking to be made a cultist relevant to the game? Aside from me using it as a technique to find some town reads?

If you think I have admitted to being a cultist then I don't need to explain what you should do. If you are asking me to clarify whether I have admitted to being a cultist would you be satisfied if I said That was not what I did?

If you think I want to be recruited what does that say about my current alignment?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »

Do you still hold the above opinion?
I do, but I think it would be better if roo didn't reveal. Mainly to keep the game fun for everybody.

I'll say your name right from now on...hopefully.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2015, 01:09:02 am »

Still think its Peradon. No one else seems super scummy.

zombie urist wazzaaaaap?
Not much.

I would be ok with his lynch but I still prefer Peradon at the moment.
Could you explain why? I thought I explained satisfactorily enough why I did what I did.
I guess I'm ok with your explanation for voting TDS even if its not very original. I also still think you were making up your gambit and such.

ZU, how is giving a weak answer to a question scummier than piggybacking off someone else's arguments (since that's the problem you gave when voting for Peradon)?
I'm voting Peradon for multiple reasons which combined I think makes him scummier than TDS was.
Zombie Urist, you didnt answer my question: Why do you find me scummy? You say there are several little things that make me scummy, yet you dont mention any of them. What are they?

Also, what about my explanation about why I didnt want to give the results of my gambit was scummy?

And, last but not least, if I were the cultist, do you seriously think I would drop a vote like I did on Teneb, and try to lynch him on it? If so, you must have a very low opinion of my mafia play indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22